Amrap Bars?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amrap Bars?

Hey, has anyone tried the "Amrap" health bars? They claim, and they look to me like they are 100% "paleo diet" friendly, which of course would be primal blueprint friendly as well. Do they taste OK? Pretty pricey, but health bars are a great on the go snack or breakfast for sure!

Meh, I prefer real food. I don't need a candy bar when I can have sautéed zucchini and mushrooms with a medium rare porterhouse.
    "All of God's creatures have a natural habitat... my dinner plate." -Me

Comment

1 post? I smell a shill.
      F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Comment

Originally posted by damon1212 View Post
        Hey, has anyone tried the "Amrap" health bars? They claim, and they look to me like they are 100% "paleo diet" friendly, which of course would be primal blueprint friendly as well. Do they taste OK? Pretty pricey, but health bars are a great on the go snack or breakfast for sure!
        Sounds great! Can you tell us more about this wonderful product? I bet they have some great favors and wholesome, nutritious ingredients. The 17 grams of sugar look especially good!
        Last edited by Artbuc; 12-08-2012, 03:44 AM.

Comment

i love this little ditty: "The natural cinnamon works with the fats found in the natural raw coconut flakes and almond butter to limit blood sugar and insulin spikes resulting from the raw honey, keeping your hormonal carburetor in check".

sounds scientific as shit. I'll take 30!

Comment

For the record, I'm not a shill. Would I be asking if they taste like s#$t or not if I were? The price is outrageous, so I was curious if anyone had ever tried them or not.

Originally posted by Damiana View Post
            1 post? I smell a shill.

Comment

Originally posted by damon1212 View Post
              Pretty pricey, but health bars are a great on the go snack or breakfast for sure!
              Don't have time for real food?

We call that intermittent fasting around here.
              “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

Comment

"We call that intermittent fasting around here."

Ha! Yes, I've been doing this for two weeks now and have already discovered that! I find I don't mind that at dinner, but at breakfast after going for a walk or jog I gotta eat something. Other day I was out of pre made egg muffins (recipe from this site thanks!) and did not have time to make anything else, and even the blender was in the dishwasher. Had a handful of nuts, but SOME sort of health bar would be convenient at times. If not the one I mentioned, does anyone know of some other "bar" that fits primal blueprint . . . .and tastes good? (there, see? again, not shilling . . . just asked for advice on some OTHER bar. Crikey, I just want a snack on the go).

Comment

You don't have time to scramble and egg?!?
                  Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
                  PS
                  Don't forget to play!

Comment

Once in great while I might eat a Larabar. You can get them just about anywhere now, and they're a good snack on a long hike or after a long run.

Comment

Have had the AMRAPs, and yes they are paleo/primal friendly. However, like most bars, they are a little dry, and are better with some liquid to go along with.
                      Free your mind, and your Grok will follow!

Comment

Each bar is 64 grams total weight. That's about 2-1/4 oz, which is small. And each bar has 300 calories which is a good thing if you're trying to gain, and a bad thing if you're trying to lose.

Total carbs per bar = 22. Again, this number is only important to those tracking carbs.

None of the ingredients are certified organic, but the ingredients don't look too bad:

•Raw Almond Butter
                        •Unsweetened Coconut
                        •Egg White Protein Powder
                        •Raw Sesame Seeds
                        •Raw Almond Chunks
                        •Raw Honey
                        •Ground Cinnamon
                        •Sea Salt

However, those ingredients also are very available to anyone, and it would probably make some sense to make up your own bar in big cut up batches and refrigerate/freeze it.

At 2.26 oz per bar and $23.95 (and I didn't look at shipping in case these are available in stores) for eight bars, this product costs approximately $21.17 per pound.

Based on all of that, while they may be primal, they are (to me) absurdly expensive.
                        "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

My apologies then. It just seemed suspicious because its your first post yet you are praising a processed product that most of us would frown upon as a meal.
                          F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Comment

No, this person still sounds like a shill. These are completely unnecessary, and rediculously expensive. Food energy per ounce per dollar, it's not worth the money. Whoever made these probably never had health in mind, and just wanted to market another convenience processed snack food/candy bar product to the paleo crowd.

Edit: In fact, google damon1212 and you'll find several dozen different users of different websites, same name, all from Houston, TX, with references to certain advertisement websites.
                            Last edited by joelwlcx; 12-08-2012, 01:43 PM.
                            "All of God's creatures have a natural habitat... my dinner plate." -Me

Comment

Originally posted by SoccerGrok View Post
                              Have had the AMRAPs, and yes they are paleo/primal friendly. However, like most bars, they are a little dry, and are better with some liquid to go along with.
                              I've also had them. And I agree that they are really dry. I won't be buying them in the future...
                              Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                              X