No announcement yet.

Breastfeeding Mamas!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I exclusively nursed both my daughters until they were both 15mths old. I never lost weight due to breastfeeding LOL! It works for some, but not for others
    Earthy Mama's Journal

"Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food" ~ Hippocrates

Comment

I'm feeding my 25 month old. Started paleo this summer and have lost 40 lbs so far. Can't attest to pregnancy weight, being super-large mama we generally don't gain at all during pregnancy and was same as prepregnancy weight two weeks post artum. Was frustrated that bf wasn't helping me lose, but then I was living on oats crumpets and potatoes lol.

Comment

What do you mean by "strict"? Please dont jeopardize your milk supply. You are going to do this once (for this one kid, I mean), and you dont want mess it up. There is no going back to it and fixing it later!

When I nursed my DD and then entire time, didnt lose anything. I lost weight once I was done with nursing. Everyone's body is different.

Comment

Sounds like lots of Mamas hang on to that weight...good for baby, bad for Mama's self esteem....

I think my strategy will be to concentrate on maximizing my nutrition, staying away from the "empty" calories I could get away with while pregnant, keeping up with fluids (I struggle with this) and working some exercise into this dreary winter.

The sorry state of my tummy has me more worried than my weight, honestly...

Comment

Originally posted by reallygravity View Post
            What do you mean by "strict"? Please dont jeopardize your milk supply. You are going to do this once (for this one kid, I mean), and you dont want mess it up. There is no going back to it and fixing it later!

When I nursed my DD and then entire time, didnt lose anything. I lost weight once I was done with nursing. Everyone's body is different.
            Oh, "strict" for me, well it's not that impressive! I am not doing VLC or anything. I'm talking about no sugar or grains, and minimal processed food. I do not restrict potatoes or fruit while pregnant or BFing.

I can't believe how many women have the same experience --- all you hear about is the other side of things. I feel so much better!

To me this is one more piece of evidence that CICO is not the whole picture. Your hormones play such a huge role in how much fat to hang onto or get rid of.

Comment

Was breastfeeding...

I dropped 15 lbs right away (measured after giving birth, not pre-birth). The last 20 would.not.budge.

Comment

Working...
              X