Breakdown of Carbs, Protein and Fats

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breakdown of Carbs, Protein and Fats

Hello there I'm relatively new to this paleo diet and also new to this forum! I have been reading up a lot on paleo: 1) paleo diet 2)primal blueprint 3) primal blueprint 21 days transformation 4) why we get fat and what we can do about it!

So currently i do have some questions: based on Mark's carbo curve, for weight loss we should have carbohydrates amount of below 100grams a day. As such, how many grams should my protein and fats be?
    Supposing I'm 20years old, female, 5.45 feet and 112pounds. I'm quite active: I do weight lifting three times a week, and also low aerobic cardio almost everyday! How do i know how many calories i should consume and also the grams breakdown for protein and fats if i consume about 50-70grams of carbs a day?

Please do help me!! Thank you so so much

I think at your age, activity level, height and weight you are right where you should be. Just eat good paleo foods and don't worry about the carb/fat/protein. As long as your weight is stable and you are feeling good when you work out, you are fine.

It's us old folks who spent 30-50 years eating crap and not exercising that need to worry about the carb curve and macro ratios. Start eating Primal-approved foods and listen to your body. You read all the right books, now you just have to figure out what you want out of it.

Comment

Yeah. I agree with what was said above. Trust me, you are better off not getting caught up in micromanaging your diet like that.

Eat well, exercise and be happy.

Comment

Working...
      X