No announcement yet.

Alternate Day Fasting for Longevity

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good points because I remember one of the criticisms of the 5/2 BBC series was that the man who did the various fasts drove to a fast food place at the end.

Oh, and in high school, I didn't eat particularly healthy after my fast. I generally split a large pepperoni pizza with friends. Which by the way is easy to give up if you grew up on NY pizza, then moved away.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
      Good points because I remember one of the criticisms of the 5/2 BBC series was that the man who did the various fasts drove to a fast food place at the end.

Oh, and in high school, I didn't eat particularly healthy after my fast. I generally split a large pepperoni pizza with friends. Which by the way is easy to give up if you grew up on NY pizza, then moved away.
      Forget about this thread..

I eat Every other day very consistently, even every two days is possible, though I had never tried myself, and one who have to eat large amounts of meat to obtain approximately 6000(?) calories or more on average in one sitting. Lions and other big cats do this in a similar fashion. Gorging on 30lbs of meat, and being good for 3-4 days, resuming hunting. This may not be for the ones I notice that still think food as more pleasure then fuel. Sure you should enjoy your food, but I still notice some, even primal folk that still seem rather unwilling to go on even a day fast, for fear of loss of the sensation of food or some other, more fearful reason.

This could be a rather liberating way to eat, but maybe not consistently every three days, but once a week eat enough for three days, then maybe eat normal for two days, then skipping one day. It would emulate uncertainty in the wild which is really what made our ancestors the top species, the ability to adapt in most any situation, and being able to do so optimally. Example:

Mon: 7000 calories in one meal
      Tues: fast
      Wednesday: fast
      Thursday:4000 calorie in one meal
      Friday: Fast
      Saturday: eat normal 2000 calorie in one meal.
      Sunday: eat normal 2000 calorie in one meal.

It's may sound kind of extreme, but it might be something worthy of testing. I might try that one day myself. It is rather similar to ADF, but might have different benefits. Just speculation though.

Does anyone have thoughts if an above plan could work?
      Last edited by Loneketo; 01-06-2013, 02:18 PM.

Comment

3 meals a day, eaten at a dining table, brownbagged to office desk or wolved down while driving is an ultra ultra modern concept.

Therefore anyother configuration is a fair game.
        Few but ripe.

Comment

If you are eating less and fasting more, it's not intermittent fasting it's intermittent feeding.
          Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Working...
          X