No announcement yet.

Wheat is the devil

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JoanieL, I read your story about how you got started in primal over on Odds and Ends. That shit was hilarious, I was cracking up! You're pretty funny.

Comment

Was that butt flora or gut...?

Comment

Ever hear of or try einkorn wheat?

Comment

The genetic classification of einkorn wheat is Triticum monococcum, Einkorn wheat has 14 chromosomes while modern wheats have 42 (Friendly to the body’s digestive system)

Comment

Thank you, Marissa.

Terry H, a google search of butt flora doesn't reveal much science, but it does reveal that some people have to live their lives with the name Flora Butt. That makes me sad. *snort*

Wheat is for livestock. I have no hooves, therefore I don't eat wheat.
            "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Originally posted by Zach View Post
              LOL. Typical low carb close minded thinking. Ignore us because we disagree with you, why do you even post at all? You seem to know everything about everything. I swear low carbers are just as bad as vegans when it comes to defending their diet.

Oh and you probably cant consume grains because you stopped eating them entirely so your gut flora changed. Its not magic like Robb Wolf claims. Also your metabolism is probably low from being VLC so you are unable to digest properly.
              Low carb is very different from not eating grains....sigh.
              Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
              PS
              Don't forget to play!

Comment

There is a silver lining: you actually know what hurts you in a very direct way. I can have anything as long as I cooked it myself, and there is no horrid rancid oils/too much fat, and I will feel just fine. The only ways the wicked ways the grains and sugars manifest for me is that they ever so subtly rise my appetite, and if I give in, I grow overweight.
                My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
                When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

Funny I was having a discussion with a grainaterian and they posted a study The importance of promoting a whole grain foo... [J Am Coll Nutr. 2002] - PubMed - NCBI that showed 100g of grains has the same nutrition as 100g of veg so they must be good for you.
                  When you look at the calorie content
                  100g bulgar wheat = 360 cal
                  100g tomatoes = 18 cal
                  I know other veg don't fare as well but it does mean veg is 10-20x more nutritious than grains BUT it also means bulgar wheat has only 30 cal less than table sugar per 100g.
                  Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
                  PS
                  Don't forget to play!

Comment

Originally posted by Dirlot View Post
                    Low carb is very different from not eating grains....sigh.
                    She is VLC, read before you comment.

Comment

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                      Sorry, Marissa. Your thread just got hijacked by the Peatarian party. I really don't know why they bother to post on a Primal site.
                      Precisely.....go live on OJ and skim milk, french toast, and pancakes if you like....seems to work great for soooooo many people. Seriously, I hear some Peatophiles even have blogs now! Why not post nonsense there where it will be less conspicuous as blatant sewage spewed onto a page?

The fact of the matter is the current standard of care for someone with a suspected gluten intolerance is to eliminate gluten and monitor symptoms. This is because current testing standards are not yet sensitive or accurate enough to verify such intolerance. Of course they are working on it, but for the time being elimination is it. Considering the empty calories its no real loss.
                      Last edited by Neckhammer; 12-05-2012, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
                        Precisely.....go live on OJ and skim milk, french toast, and pancakes if you like....seems to work great for soooooo many people. Seriously, I hear some Peatophiles even have blogs now! Why not post nonsense there where it will be less conspicuous as blatant sewage spewed onto a page?
                        Unlike primal right. Every other person who switches to primal has to start a blog, write a ebook and clog facebook with ridiculous pictures of their gluten free, sugar free, grain free, sad sad meals.

Listen people, wheat is not the devil, sugar is not the devil, no one food group is inherently unhealthy. This isnt a private party and Mark Sisson is not the chosen one. Its this elitist, close minded attitude that makes the paleo community look so ridiculous. You make fun of vegans but you are no better. You would think that if someone was on a search for health they they would be interested in all views.

And no im not a Peatarian but he is easily one of the smartest guys on the internet when it comes to hormones, metabolism and how nutrients effect these things. If you were smart, you would read what he has to say.

Comment

Sorry, Ray Peat is not the chosen one. You should read what Mark Sisson has to say. He's one the smartest guys on the internet.

See what I did there?

Comment

Originally posted by Timthetaco View Post
                            Sorry, Ray Peat is not the chosen one. You should read what Mark Sisson has to say. He's one the smartest guys on the internet.

See what I did there?
                            Says the guy with a Robb Wolf quote and a thing about making a friend not eat bread.

Comment

All you Peat people really need to eat more meat.
                              Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
                                All you Peat people really need to eat more meat.
                                :facepalm:

Comment

Working...
                                X