Wheat Belly author on Dr. Oz today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheat Belly author on Dr. Oz today

Someone mentioned it last week. Should be good! Let us know what you think of the show, if you dare watch Dr. Oz...

Originally posted by otzi View Post
    Someone mentioned it last week. Should be good! Let us know what you think of the show, if you dare watch Dr. Oz...
    I just missed it but you can see some videos on his website.

Sneak Peek: Are You Addicted to Wheat? | The Dr. Oz Show

He included a bread recipe, looks good minus the bean flours.

Wheat Belly Bread | The Dr. Oz Show

Comment

I'm sure they're going to butcher the show and twist words (I mean "edit") like they did with Gary Taubes.

Comment

I saw part of it and surprisingly Dr.Oz didn't skewer him like he did with Taubes. I thought it was overall well done , for the 1/2 I saw.

Comment

I saw it and I thought it was pretty good. I am curious now though, what Dr. Oz might suggest to ppl from now on. He realized that he has been telling ppl to eat wheat in the past, so I am curious what he does from today forward. I thought Dr. Davis was well represented and I think got the message out there. They showed some ladies with drastic weight loss from just cutting wheat, so that is always a good visual to drive it home. Also said they reversed other problems as well.
          65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Comment

Any time I've seen Dr. Davis interviewed by clueless idiots he totally mesmerizes them and they are speechless and fascinated, unable to twist his words. So far this appears to be the case with Dr. Oz's sneak peek of the interview. He's quite a genius in his ability to pack every word he says with the exact information he wants you to hear.
            Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Originally posted by MouthDR View Post
              I'm sure they're going to butcher the show and twist words (I mean "edit") like they did with Gary Taubes.
              Wouldn't be surprised at that at all. The Great Oz has to keep his $ponsors happy.
              Primal/Paleo is not for everyone, it's for those who have committed to understand.
              READ THE BOOK! ...as Robb Wolf says: "Trying to convince people to save their own ass will burn you out."

Vegetarians are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit, and an affront to all I stand for -- the pure enjoyment of food.” Anthony Bourdain

and yes, calories DO count my little piggies

Comment

Not only didnt he skewer it, he did a small study that supported it...all in all not bad for the Dr
                Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
                PS
                Don't forget to play!

Comment

Originally posted by Dirlot View Post
                  Not only didnt he skewer it, he did a small study that supported it...all in all not bad for the Dr
                  Shocking... Dr. Oz is going to have the Mainstream OFF Wheat???
                  Because you know if it's on his show and he supports it, it can "be true" now...

Honestly... it would be kinda cool.
                  At least people would stop acting like I'm the weird one with a "special needs" diet.
                  “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                  ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                  And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

Nice! People at work are always talking about what Dr. Oz recommends and I keep my mouth shut, but everyone knows I'm primal. I can't wait for them to talk about this and for my response to be "He finally got something right!"

Comment

Originally posted by Dirlot View Post
                      Oh yal, I forgot about the little study. 5 women ate bread, they took their blood sugar. 24 hours later, they ate a candy bar. 3 of the 5, the bread spiked them higher than the candy bar. And I think 2 of those were extra high? or something, can't remember for sure.

So of course, the one lady thought (jokingly) (?) she should eat a candy bar for breakfast instead of toast
                      65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Comment

Oh, people. Nothing spikes my blood sugar (and pressure and anything else) more than the picture of Dr. Oz dominating
                        the home/access page of "personal care connection" with New York Presbyterian Hospital.
                        mynyp.org

Comment

wish I could have seen it...do these episodes ever get posted online?
                          Check out my blog on nature and nurture!
                          http://thewoodsygal.com/

Comment

Posted online now, Solstice - Are You Addicted to Wheat? Pt 1 | The Dr. Oz Show

(I'm viewing from the UK - so you should be OK.)

Comment

Originally posted by upupandaway View Post
                              Posted online now, Solstice - Are You Addicted to Wheat? Pt 1 | The Dr. Oz Show

(I'm viewing from the UK - so you should be OK.)
                              Thanks, upandaway!

Interesting. I thought the little demonstration pouring the two "wheat" and "non wheat" liquids into the two "bodies" was a little cheesy but otherwise I think Oz may actually be coming around. He actually referred to his own recommendations to eat whole wheat all these years as "flawed".
                              Last edited by Paleobird; 12-04-2012, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X