Puffy Face from eating Desert??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puffy Face from eating Desert??

Last night, I had a cheat meal and ate a piece of lemon cake. This morning I woke up with a puffy face and feel like a drank last night. I also have glassy eyes.

I have been eating Primal for about 6 months now and occasionaly will have wheat/pasta/cake and it does make me sick. And when I do have pizza, I would have a gluten free crust.
    I havent really experienced the puffy face before. this is the worst reaction I have had since I went Primal.

Do you think its from the cake? and that I could be allergic to wheat?

Wanted to see if anyone else had similar symptons after being primal and then cheating with desert (cake).

thanks!

I know before primal, my eyelids had become swollen especially in the am. After a couple weeks primal the eyelids were normal, unless I cheat for a day or two..right back to swollen. Also, for years I suffered from a red nose, similar to that of a drunk, after dropping wheat and gluten for about two weeks I realized my nose was no longer red.
    Primal since 4/7/2012

Starting weight 140
    Current weigh 126

www.jenniferglobensky.blogspot.com

Jennifer

Comment

You get sick eating wheat - enough said.
      Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
      PS
      Don't forget to play!

Comment

i guess i know this - just need to not eat cake.
        thanks!

Comment

I get a hangover feeling from sugar.
          Depression Lies

Comment

Carb hangover. It's a real thing.
            Sandra
            *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Comment

Originally posted by Sandra in BC View Post
              Carb hangover. It's a real thing.
              Agreed! Just pick yer poison!
              Some people just need a sympathetic pat... On the head... With a hammer.

Comment

thanks guys - i know better for next time (to not have a next time). was so happy with myself that i didnt drink, b/c everyone else was and i really do feel hungover.

Comment

It's dessert. Two Ss because you want seconds. Eating the desert will of course make your face puffy. Those cactus spines are going to hurt.
                  Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
                    It's dessert. Two Ss because you want seconds. Eating the desert will of course make your face puffy. Those cactus spines are going to hurt.
                    The way I was told to remember which spelling is which was this: One s is for sand, Two ss is for strawberry shortcake.

And yes, carb hangovers are real and not worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                      The way I was told to remember which spelling is which was this: One s is for sand, Two ss is for strawberry shortcake.
                      Back in grade school it was "You might want dessert twice, but only once deserted in the desert."
                      http://www.facebook.com/daemonized

Comment

I never needed a trick because I'm lucky to be a spelling savant. But I suck at math. And yes, my sister and I used to wake up with giant foreheads wondering what caused it. Definitely puffiness from bad food. Wheat + salt + water = human water balloon.
                        Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Anyone know what the effect on the eyes represents?

When I eat carbs, lately seems like any carb like breads, pastas anything processed, the next morning and all day after my eyesight will be affected. That glassy feeling and it's very hard to focus

Why does that happen? Anyone know?

I get other symptoms like bloat gas indigestion

But this eye issue is new for me

You would think I would learn not to eat these things

Can anyone explain this to me? The science behind it

Comment

I don't know about you, but it sounds more like an allergy to something in the food to me. I don't know what was in the food, but it could have been an allergy or intolerance to gluten, dairy, nuts, or any number of ingredients in the cake.

To me, it seems less that you have an issue with sweets in general, and more that something IN the lemon cake may have caused your issue. I can only speculate what that may have been however.
                            "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

Originally posted by jmosery View Post
                              Anyone know what the effect on the eyes represents?

When I eat carbs, lately seems like any carb like breads, pastas anything processed, the next morning and all day after my eyesight will be affected. That glassy feeling and it's very hard to focus

Why does that happen? Anyone know?

I get other symptoms like bloat gas indigestion

But this eye issue is new for me

You would think I would learn not to eat these things

Can anyone explain this to me? The science behind it
                              Every source of carbs you mention is usually made with grains, particularly wheat. So maybe gluten issues are causing the problem?

Have you tried some sweet potatoes or squash to see if maybe you have similar issues with them?
                              "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

Working...
                              X