Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what would you consider the most efficient way to lose weight??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • what would you consider the most efficient way to lose weight??

    i really want to cut weight, mostly to improve my running and working out easier for me. 1 or 2 sprint sessions per week? 2 or 3 body weight workouts per week? anyone who's had great success going primal, share with me what you did day to day to lose weight, (preferably a quick way), it will be appreciated =]

  • #2
    Intermittent fasting with crystal meth.

    Comment


    • #3
      exercise is great, but if you really want to focus on weight/fat loss, look to your food. the most effective way for me to lose so far is primal. if you're just looking to lose weight fast, you're in the wrong place.
      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60178.html

      Comment


      • #4
        eat a clean, balanced diet and be active. Food can be your BFF or your worst enemy.
        --Trish (Bork)
        TROPICAL TRADITIONS REFERRAL # 7625207
        http://pregnantdiabetic.blogspot.com
        FOOD PORN BLOG! http://theprimaljunkfoodie.blogspot.com

        Comment


        • #5
          For me to lose weight, i have to keep my carbs very low and walk a lot more than normal, but I'm pretty lean already. In my early days when I was heavy, just eating primal worked wonders, without any exercise, but as I got down to those last few stubborn pounds I really had to tweak and tune my diet and exercise. I'm still not quite where I want to be, but I'm very close. I'm waiting until after the holidays though, because I just wanna enjoy myself. I'll stay primal, just not super strict.

          Comment


          • #6
            To lose weight: Eat less; move more.

            To not look and feel like crap while you're doing that: eat the most nutritious food possible. IOW, if you're reducing calories to below maintenance to get rid of excess body fat, make sure those calories have the most bang for the buck. Don't waste them on crap food.

            To step it up more, do exercises that make your muscles hard. Muscle is metabolically more active than organs and bones which are more metabolically active than fat. IOW, given two people of identicle weights, the person with the lower percentage body fat most likely burns calories faster.

            There is some evidence that stress and lack of sleep contribute to obesity. Address these issues the best you can.

            Some people find that going low carb helps you feel satiated and so it's easier to stay lower calorie. Some people like a relatively high fat diet. Some like protein to feel full. As long as you stay within a calorie range that is a deficit to maintenance, you can find the ratios that make you feel best without gaining weight in the process.

            But when all is said and done, eat less and move more.
            "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

            B*tch-lite

            Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

            Comment


            • #7
              Fasting is the greatest thing I have learned regarding nutrition. It has been amazing for me.

              But it's not for everyone. I like to think of it this way... Exercise is about 10% of weightloss, the other 90% comes from dietary choices and caloric intake. Look to correcting your diet first and then, once you have begun to heal, you can look to integrating some exercise in line with the primal blueprint's outline.

              Once you master those, you might then consider integrating some fasting in to achieve faster results. But as great as fasting is, just make sure you don't overdo it. You CAN find it to be so effective that you take it to unnecessary, even dangerous, extremes. People around here have done that before. Moderation in all things, even the most effective techniques.
              "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

              Comment


              • #8
                Fill your evening meal with a huge plate of vegetables, some protein and little bit of fat.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Drumroll View Post
                  Fasting is the greatest thing I have learned regarding nutrition. It has been amazing for me.

                  But it's not for everyone. I like to think of it this way... Exercise is about 10% of weightloss, the other 90% comes from dietary choices and caloric intake. Look to correcting your diet first and then, once you have begun to heal, you can look to integrating some exercise in line with the primal blueprint's outline.

                  Once you master those, you might then consider integrating some fasting in to achieve faster results. But as great as fasting is, just make sure you don't overdo it. You CAN find it to be so effective that you take it to unnecessary, even dangerous, extremes. People around here have done that before. Moderation in all things, even the most effective techniques.
                  This is truth
                  Primal/Paleo is not for everyone, it's for those who have committed to understand.
                  READ THE BOOK! ...as Robb Wolf says: "Trying to convince people to save their own ass will burn you out."

                  Vegetarians are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit, and an affront to all I stand for -- the pure enjoyment of food. Anthony Bourdain

                  and yes, calories DO count my little piggies

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    The most efficient way to lose weight is the way that suits you best. The problem is that we're all individuals and different things work for different people. I don't believe there is a quick fix - it has taken me a long time to find what works for me to lose weight.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      thanks guys, and i have considered fasting, but i'm not sure on how long or exactly how to do it. i heard for water fasting you only drink water, like all day or something like that. i think i could maybe manage the not eating part for a bit if i really tried, but it sounds dangerous. i saw quite a few posts before saying water fasting you may get some bad health problems as a result. another issue is that i heard it makes your muscle mass weaken and you can't exercise nearly as much, not even that much walking. if anyone has a detailed fasting routine for me, it would be appreciated.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by breetbree View Post
                        thanks guys, and i have considered fasting, but i'm not sure on how long or exactly how to do it. i heard for water fasting you only drink water, like all day or something like that. i think i could maybe manage the not eating part for a bit if i really tried, but it sounds dangerous. i saw quite a few posts before saying water fasting you may get some bad health problems as a result. another issue is that i heard it makes your muscle mass weaken and you can't exercise nearly as much, not even that much walking. if anyone has a detailed fasting routine for me, it would be appreciated.
                        Dude, you need to read the book. The forum is for building on the basics, which you clearly haven't yet grasped.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by iconoclast79 View Post
                          Dude, you need to read the book. The forum is for building on the basics, which you clearly haven't yet grasped.
                          You took the words right out of my mouth...
                          _______________________________________

                          Adopted the Primal lifestyle on: August 9 2012.
                          My sporadic journal entries are here.

                          Results to date: I've lost (gained?) one belt hole!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by iconoclast79 View Post
                            Dude, you need to read the book. The forum is for building on the basics, which you clearly haven't yet grasped.
                            i'm sorry my dad took the book with him when he moved about 3 or 4 states over... my bad...

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Do your research.

                              Fasting is probably the fastest way to lose fat. And providing you're not underweight, it can only show posive health benefits. And it only makes you lose energy temporarily if you do it for over a few days. You come back way more energetic after.

                              Aside from that, there are no short cuts to permanent fat loss. You need a long
                              term approach. You don't need to be strict all the time. That doesn't ever work in the long term. You need to have a flexible plan. And always work on mantnence.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X