Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone else been diagnosed with H. Pylori ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes I believe low acid also. High acid can certainly irritate an ulcer. I think you should just do your pylori therapy first then go from there
    Started Primal June 2012 at 148.5lbs, and 5' 1", reached goal weight in 5 months.
    Lowest weight 93lbs - too thin. Now stable at around 100lbs much better weight for me at my age.
    Primal, minus eggs, dairy and a myriad of other allergens.

Comment

Thanks guys :-) I am curious as to why they give you a PPI in the triple therapy to reduce stomach acid considering that's a probable cause to how it got there in the first place? Not sure how that would be meant to help!

Comment

Originally posted by TARNIP View Post
        Thanks guys :-) I am curious as to why they give you a PPI in the triple therapy to reduce stomach acid considering that's a probable cause to how it got there in the first place? Not sure how that would be meant to help!
        Its for healing the ulcers if you have any. Im not sure if it really is helpful or not but i disnt question it and the treatment worked. Once done, if you are clear of the bacteria, crank your acid back up and maybe try some digestive enzymes with your food to help your digestion. Also of course probiotics.

Comment

Originally posted by Zach View Post
          Its for healing the ulcers if you have any. Im not sure if it really is helpful or not but i disnt question it and the treatment worked. Once done, if you are clear of the bacteria, crank your acid back up and maybe try some digestive enzymes with your food to help your digestion. Also of course probiotics.
          That's what I'm thinking too.

BTW, after going through this twice already, her doctor pulling her off the PPI, and having me for a daughter (explaining it over and over again), my mom is most likely going to have a problem with this again.

I had dinner with her yesterday at a buffet, and she ate mostly wheat (pasta, rolls, etc) then remarked "I'm definitely going to be taking an antacid tonight!" She was also horrified by my "make-do-at-a-cake-laden-buffet" dessert, which was sliced pears covered in cinnamon butter, and when I told her she should be taking coconut oil for her failing memory, she remarked "Oh, no! I'll get fat!"

headdesk
          Durp.

Comment

Another thought for you guys...

Both ginger and peppermint have been used for people with slow digestive systems because they stimulate stomach acid production which increases digestive efficiency. Normally this is a GOOD thing. But for those of you trying to keep stomach acid levels low, I would advise doing what you can to avoid consuming these. I don't know if any of you were aware of that, but in case you weren't now you know!
            "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

Working...
            X