Curing candida on a paleo diet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drumroll View Post
    Paleobird, don't let the shitstorm get to you.

The more you respond to them, the more justified they feel. Just let it go. You know you are doing what works for you and damn be to all of the others that think otherwise. Do you feel good about yourself? Great, then you're already ahead of the game. Don't let the bad moods of others rub off on you.

Sometimes it's best to quit while you're still ahead. If some people don't want to see things the way you see them, that's fine, let them be that way. You don't have to see things the way they see them either.
    Ya, I know, but thanks for reminding me. It's just that the signal to noise ratio around this board is getting pretty low these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
      Ya, I know, but thanks for reminding me. It's just that the signal to noise ratio around this board is getting pretty low these days.
      Indeed. I agree with you there.

You and I will never see eye-to-eye on everything, but I don't hold that against you, and I never will. People have different opinions. If you can't discuss them politely and without name-calling, then it's probably not worth it.

You're fine in my book, but if others want to lay into you, just let them. When they realize you don't care, they'll eventually leave it alone.
      "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

You're fine in my book, but if others want to lay into you, just let them. When they realize you don't care, they'll eventually leave it alone.
        I honestly don't care on a personal level but I do care about the integrity of this forum. The whole place looks like a collection of ill-informed wingnuts if there are posters talking about candy, soda, and 30 cups of coffee a day as dietary staples and telling people to have HRT post breast cancer and that doesn't go un-refuted.

Comment

Yeah, but some people just can't be convinced otherwise, and at some point you have to ask yourself... Is it worth it anymore?

You can shout from the rooftops, but if people don't want to hear it, it doesn't make a difference.
          "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
            I honestly don't care on a personal level but I do care about the integrity of this forum. The whole place looks like a collection of ill-informed wingnuts if there are posters talking about candy, soda, and 30 cups of coffee a day as dietary staples and telling people to have HRT post breast cancer and that doesn't go un-refuted.
            What are you refuting? Too bad people are free to to come to their own conclusions and from the looks of it the "wingnuts" are the only ones who are able to back up their claims. While you just come off as a hot headed idiot able to do nothing but throw out sad ad hominem attacks and get mad. ^-^ It's a good thing you have some lackeys to back you up, eh?

Yeah, yeah I drink 30 cups of coffee a day, drink coke, and eat gummy bears. Is this horse not dead yet? Meanwhile you eat a diet rich in metabolic destroying amino acids, and polyunsaturated fats!

Hey, look, it's that dreaded coke: Does 4-methylimidazole have tumor preventi... [Food Chem Toxicol. 2011] - PubMed - NCBI

4-methylimidazole is the browning(caramel color) in coke. I don't think I need to say anything about the benefits of coffee, if you haven't heard of them you're living under a rock. Though, I do wonder with you... As for gummy bears, they're a tasty way of getting gelatin and I eat them from time to time. It's not a staple in my diet, but you seem to know what I eat better than I know myself.

Agreed. Paleobird is extremely rude and arrogant and throws her ketosticks out of the pram whenever anybody shares positive results about eating more than half a potato in one sitting.

She is self-obsessed, and has clearly depressed her basal metabolic rate through chronic low-calorie dieting, which is obviously not primal.

If you're doing well on gummy bears and coke from time to time - all power to ya!

I've experienced candida overgrowth and had to pay to consult a private doctor to help cure it, as there is no treatment available on our NHS which I pay for via the taxation system. It's no longer a problem - I can even enjoy the odd gummy bear or two ;-)
            Paleobird, like many people, have their collective heads so far up their own asses they can't see daylight. It's funny to sit here and watch them pandering around, it's probably why I keep posting.

I'm glad you're doing better now! I honestly ate some gummy bears today, took a long look at one, thought about how there are people out there who really think they're silent killers and erupted in laughter.
            Make America Great Again

Comment

Thank you, Dermapix. That was good for a chuckle.

Comment

No problem, you have such a lovely smile it's nice to see you laugh
                Make America Great Again

Comment

Derpamix, coffee most definitely DOES have health benefits. But as I understand it, these benefits are subject to a maximum effective dosage. I'm not sure this dosage has been correctly identified yet, but as I've read, after a certain point, the benefits of additional cups of coffee seem to taper off. As though your body is able to adapt to the substances in coffee and their benefits decrease.

But I admit to being no expert and if it seems to work for you, my hats off to ya!

Comment

Derpamix, coffee most definitely DOES have health benefits. But as I understand it, these benefits are subject to a maximum effective dosage. I'm not sure this dosage has been correctly identified yet, but as I've read, after a certain point, the benefits of additional cups of coffee seem to taper off. As though your body is able to adapt to the substances in coffee and their benefits decrease.

But I admit to being no expert and if it seems to work for you, my hats off to ya!
                    How so? Coffee is one of the most concentrated sources of magnesium, and niacin. Those who drink 5+ cups of coffee a day are shown to have the least alzheimer's, liver disease, parkinson's, thyroid issues, etc

The effects certainly don't taper off, though it would probably be quite hard to drink as much coffee as I do for most people. Drinking coffee with food helps a lot with the jitters though, as does adding lots of milk due to the fact coffee depletes glycogen.

Another thing about coffee, is the iron chelation. I drink it with every meal that is rich in iron like all muscle meats, liver, oysters, so on
                    Last edited by Derpamix; 12-02-2012, 10:04 PM.
                    Make America Great Again

Comment

You dont actually drink 30 cups a day do you?

Comment

Not every day, no. I have at least 5-10 though. I try to drink as much of it as possible, but unfortunately I'm not always around a coffee pot.

Ray Peat was drinking 50 cups of a coffee a day when he wasn't able to get thyroid supplements
                        Make America Great Again

Comment

5-10 seems normal enough. 30-50 seems like entirely to much fluids. 30 cups at 6oz is 1.4 gallons.

Comment

Oh and if by slim chance, the OP is still reading this, Candida Overgrowth: Myths vs Facts EastWest Healing & Performance

Comment

My diet is mostly fluid based anyway. I get the majority of my daily calories from raw milk and orange juice.
                              Make America Great Again

Comment

Tea has much less caffeine and still serves as a potent iron chelator in the same manner that coffee does. So coffee isn't necessary for that effect.

Tea has also been shown to have beneficial effects in delaying the onset of and helping prevent both Alzheimer's and Parkinson's disease. Also, I read this about a month or so ago about the impact of green tea on liver disease:

http://today.uconn.edu/blog/2009/02/...liver-disease/

I've recently read though, that both coffee and tea should be avoided when one has candida, to get back to the opening post's topic.

Comment

Working...
                                X