Chief Rok knows more then anyone on fat loss, including Sisson, Stephen,etc

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chief Rok knows more then anyone on fat loss, including Sisson, Stephen,etc

For those who have never heard of Chief Rok, probably most here, he is a guy who is claiming to know the answers to fat loss. He has a blog over here Blog by CHIEFROK (WFS). He is an off shoot from Matt Stones 180degreehealth website and we all know everyone loves to hate that guy.

I am really interested in what this guy is doing, very skeptical but interested. I encourage all of you to check it out, and comment on his site after reading a few of his most popular articles, mainly about fasting, feasting and stress.

Oh and he called out Stephen Guyent on his food reward theory and also Sisson on his carb curve theory.
    Last edited by Zach; 11-27-2012, 08:37 PM.

A bunch of incoherent, fact-free crap and a plea for $10,000 so he can sell you more of it?

How about: NO.

Comment

Yeah. A leeetle too much self-promotion and a little too fact light.
      Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
      5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
      Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
      TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
      bloodorchid is always right

Comment

"hello all. I joined this forum to talk about the Potato diet. "

Now on to the next thing, eh?

Comment

Never heard of this person. I've been seeing the Matt Stone name dropped a lot lately. I'm wondering if people are finding better health applying these theories. I'm perpetually curious and trying to find my answers, so I find everything food- and biology-related fascinating.
          | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Comment

Originally posted by Terry H View Post
            "hello all. I joined this forum to talk about the Potato diet. "

Now on to the next thing, eh?
            I wanted to talk about adding coconut oil to enhance fat loss. No one cared. I have been following this guy for years. Hes got some interesting ideas.

Originally posted by j3nn View Post
            Never heard of this person. I've been seeing the Matt Stone name dropped a lot lately. I'm wondering if people are finding better health applying these theories. I'm perpetually curious and trying to find my answers, so I find everything food- and biology-related fascinating.
            Matt Stone saved me from orthorexic death. Seriously, low carb almost killed me. I really recommend checking him out.

Comment

Well his claims are out there, I am not sure what his starting weight was but looking at the picture he is probably a good 50+ pounds overweight.
              Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
              PS
              Don't forget to play!

Comment

Originally posted by Dirlot View Post
                Well his claims are out there, I am not sure what his starting weight was but looking at the picture he is probably a good 50+ pounds overweight.
                Check his facebook, hes jacked. If anything id say roids.

Im just trying to get some skeptics over there because thats what he wants. Says he'll show everyone. Hes not asking for money or anything, just views and comments.

Comment

So what is up with the pic on his blog? Found the face book, looks a bit like a lot of breath holding but not as bad as his blog pic looks.
                  Last edited by Dirlot; 11-27-2012, 10:12 PM.
                  Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
                  PS
                  Don't forget to play!

Comment

Bahaha he looks really, really bad for someone who discovered the "secret" to fat loss.

And 4 likes on Facebook, oh my.
                    So you're here to promote him, hu ?
                    Young self-caring Paleo-eater from France.
                    (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

Comment

Originally posted by Daydreamer View Post
                      Bahaha he looks really, really bad for someone who discovered the "secret" to fat loss.

And 4 likes on Facebook, oh my.
                      So you're here to promote him, hu ?
                      My thoughts exactly. Why would anyone else promote that ridiculous Facebook page?!
                      If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
                      If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

Yeah, he's big, but not lean by any standard.
                        He looks like a meathead, muscular and fat.
                        And he talks about FAT LOSS not muscle gains.
                        Young self-caring Paleo-eater from France.
                        (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

Comment

I already said why i posted this. Read a bit of his older posts before you pass judgement. Im skeptical just like anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Daydreamer View Post
                            Yeah, he's big, but not lean by any standard.
                            He looks like a meathead, muscular and fat.
                            And he talks about FAT LOSS not muscle gains.
                            So what is the ideal look then? Grok? That's a fantasy. Look at cultures over the world now that are primal or have just recently been "discovered." None of these people look like the fictional Grok. Most are physically much smaller than Westerners and potbellied. I did the Primal thing for almost a year from this site. Sure I lost weight but also lost my health. Thin does not mean healthy. I found Mat and later Chief and now I am rocking in health. Eat the food..and make it mostly carbs. The whole "carbs cause massive spikes in insulin and make you fat" is a lie.

That being said, read his articles and let me know without the Paleo glasses on.

Comment

Primal/Paleo is not for everyone, it's for those who have committed to understand.
                              READ THE BOOK! ...as Robb Wolf says: "Trying to convince people to save their own ass will burn you out."

Vegetarians are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit, and an affront to all I stand for -- the pure enjoyment of food.” Anthony Bourdain

and yes, calories DO count my little piggies

Comment

Working...
                              X