Chief Rok knows more then anyone on fat loss, including Sisson, Stephen,etc

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dirlot View Post
    Sure there are lots of factors in health which I agree with...lol...but given the choice of eating high nutrition foods vs low nutrition foods just to get a sugar hit is daft.
    Adding the high sugar grain instead of protein is also daft, if you want to limit the healthy protein and fat add an extra helping of veg which comes with nutrition along with calories.
    Grains are inflammatory AND produce very poor lipo-protein levels...sigh...wrong forum for you to troll on I am afraid.
    Hey, you may very well find out exactly what i am talking about in the future much to your dismay. But until then, grok on!

Comment

You are promoting eating empty calories which is daft on all levels.
      Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
      PS
      Don't forget to play!

Comment

Yes sometimes empty calories can be good for you. Hard to understand, i know.

Comment

Oh please oh troll enlighten us fools who think nutrition is important for health and shovelling spoonfuls of sugar is a bad thing?
          PS
          Don't forget to play!

Comment

Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
            What...? Matt Stone looks good. He's definitely in shape and in good health.

112bw – 180 Degree Health
            http://180degreehealth.com/wp-conten...attStone_2.jpg
            http://freetheanimal.com/images/2010...fore-After.png
            http://180degreehealth.com/wp-conten...me-224x300.jpg
            http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7172/6...aebff3b3_z.jpg
            Early Puberty - YouTube
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fudv7...lkw5JM6JyDIxSQ

You're the judge but to me he looks puffy.

Hebsie, are you the same Hebsie who post on All Things Male ? I'm on there to solve my hypopituitarism problems, glad to see you here

Oh and, I'm eating moderate carbs, high fat, high proteins paleo, I don't consider that I'm "dieting", and my CRP are very very very very very very low, so no inflammation here.
            Last edited by Daydreamer; 11-28-2012, 11:24 PM.
            Young self-caring Paleo-eater from France.
            (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

Comment

Originally posted by Dirlot View Post
              Oh please oh troll enlighten us fools who think nutrition is important for health and shovelling spoonfuls of sugar is a bad thing?
              I think i already gave a good scenario in my last post. Also i never said nutrition wasnt important, i think you are misusing the word.

Its natural to be angry when confronted with a conflicting point of view but try to take the blinders off for a minute and reread what i wrote.

Comment

Originally posted by Daydreamer View Post
                http://freetheanimal.com/images/2010...fore-After.png
                http://180degreehealth.com/wp-conten...me-224x300.jpg
                http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7172/6...aebff3b3_z.jpg
                Early Puberty - YouTube
                What Causes Diabetes? - YouTube

You're the judge but to me he looks puffy.

Hebsie, are you the same Hebsie who post on All Things Male ? I'm on there to solve my hypopituitarism problems, glad to see you here

Oh and, I'm eating moderate carbs, high fat, high proteins paleo, I don't consider that I'm "dieting", and my CRP are very very very very very very low, so no inflammation here.
                Maybe those are old pictures I linked then. Dunno, didn't really look very far into what he looks like since I couldn't care less. He still doesn't look bad(aside from that god awful hairstyle in the first picture, yeesh)
                Make America Great Again

Comment

...the one and the same. And I recognized the 'theme' in your login name(s) right away

Comment

Grains might have been a staple in many people's diets for thousands of years, but I'm positive the grains consumed today (GMOed wheat) are nothing like the grains nature intended. There's simply no comparison.

Comment

• It's funny that you say...

Carbs aren't the enemy, they aren't an amazing friend either.
                      ... immediately followed by links to pictures of people (described as lean and strong) that get the majority of their calories from carbohydrates.

I turned my back on carbs once and they still welcomed me back WARMLY when I was at the depths of my health blues. Carbs and I are tight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zach View Post
                        Not everything needs to be cram packed with vitamins and minerals to be good.
                        This is just a silly statement all together, honestly. Please explain why you think that empty calories can = good calories.

Originally posted by Zach View Post
                        Also along with this, they are eating a low carb diet that is destroying their tyroid health which in turn down regulates their metabolism which causes them to gain weight on a low calorie, nutrient dense diet.
                        Do not confuse paleo with ketogenic diets. Most paleo people have a good amount of carbs coming from fruits and vegetables (all nutrient dense). I, for one, eat a lot of sweet potatoes to get between 150-200g carbs per day because I'm physically active.

Originally posted by Zach View Post
                        Now say they replaced a good portion of that meat and meat fat with easily to digest white rice or wheat. They would have much less of that inflammation, they would have a much higher metabolism caused by good glucose levels and they may lose weight.
                        Why wouldn't that person replace those things with more fruits or vegetables instead? There is no reason to eat white rice or wheat unless one is an athlete that needs more than 300g+ carbs per day to fuel their workout. Most people are sedentary and only need somewhere between 75-150g carbs per day, if even that much.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zach View Post
                          I think i already gave a good scenario in my last post. Also i never said nutrition wasnt important, i think you are misusing the word.

Its natural to be angry when confronted with a conflicting point of view but try to take the blinders off for a minute and reread what i wrote.
                          Try and backpeddle some more....lol...how many years have you bee following him for again?
                          PS
                          Don't forget to play!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jmagic View Post
                            This is just a silly statement all together, honestly. Please explain why you think that empty calories can = good calories.

Do not confuse paleo with ketogenic diets. Most paleo people have a good amount of carbs coming from fruits and vegetables (all nutrient dense). I, for one, eat a lot of sweet potatoes to get between 150-200g carbs per day because I'm physically active.

Why wouldn't that person replace those things with more fruits or vegetables instead? There is no reason to eat white rice or wheat unless one is an athlete that needs more than 300g+ carbs per day to fuel their workout. Most people are sedentary and only need somewhere between 75-150g carbs per day, if even that much.

Exactly! But as a follower of durrianrider and the chief you are going to get some way out-there claims.
                            PS
                            Don't forget to play!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jmagic View Post
                              Sometimes people become so deranged and orthorexic about their diets that only way to save them is the pizza and beer diet. I have seen it a hundred times over and you wont get it until it happens to you.

Originally posted by Jmagic View Post
                              I didnt use the word paleo once.

Originally posted by Jmagic View Post
                              Because eating only fruits and vegetables is just playing into the orthorexic mindset nonsense. Grains have never been and never will be a cause of disease unless your talking gluten and celiac. And once again it is far to complicated to blame gluten as the driving factor, sure it exacerbates the probelm, but is it the root cause? Also have you ever questioned what you know about carbs? I dont agree with your thoughts on how many carbs people need.
                              Last edited by Zach; 11-29-2012, 08:26 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirlot View Post
                                Try and backpeddle some more....lol...how many years have you bee following him for again?
                                If anything its you thats backpeddling. I have written out thoughtful statements and you have responded with one name calling, sarcasm and accusations. Its all good though because someday you just might understand what i am talking about. Also it keeps this post bumped.

Comment

Working...
                                X