No announcement yet.

Chief Rok knows more then anyone on fat loss, including Sisson, Stephen,etc

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, knifegill, it's just how I was raised. I don't use retard, gimp, nigger, etc., because these are used as derogatory terms used to refer to whole groups of people. I believe using these terms diminish the user more than they do the intended target. ymmv.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Knifegill, 'retarded' really just means 'delayed' or 'late' (or at least, that's what it originally meant, and what it still means in french). So 'intellectually retarded' is equivalent to 'mentally delayed'. How is it offensive to describe someone with downs syndrome as being mentally delayed? They are.

'Disabled' was taken up as a replacement for 'retarded' because of the social baggage and stigma that came with it being used as an insult (like 'gay' and 'fag').
      You agree, then. Rarely is anyone going to call somebody "mentally delayed", because the connotation is so different.

Sorry, knifegill, it's just how I was raised. I don't use retard, gimp, nigger, etc., because these are used as derogatory terms used to refer to whole groups of people. I believe using these terms diminish the user more than they do the intended target. ymmv.
      I have never, as far as I can recall used the N word, or typed or written it. There is no excuse for it. I'm surprised somebody afraid to say "retard" would even type that word. I feel dirty for seeing the word. Let's just move forward, shall we?
      Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Ugh, another paleo sheep. How long have you been doing "primal" or whatever you want to call it? I did by the book Cordains version of paleo for over 2 years and a bit slacker Sissons primal for another year which involved more fruit and a bit of dairy. I ate literal pounds of meat and veg everyday, mutliple pieces of fruit, handfuls of nuts, beef tallow to cook, raw milk, 5+ eggs a day. Everything was grassfed, organic, free range, blah blah.

Everything has a context, sometimes a cw diet can and will be healthier for someone then a "clean" whole foods based diet. Removing neolithic foods simply because some guru says so without understanding how your body works is simply moronic.

Yes when you finally remove the paleo blinders, many things become clear.

P.S. i know very little about Chief, i have never met him and dont even fast or feast like he prescribes but i have been influenced by some of his posts, namely "fukitol" and "Crush Kill Destroy Stress". If anyone wants to get off their own high horse and give them a read, you might be surprised. If not, oh well. Go back to taking Mark's word for every thing you can and cannot eat.
        You know too much about this nobody to not be him. And I invented the drug fukitol when I was 17 years old, it's written in black marker on the dashboard of a Nissan Sentra somewhere in Idaho.

I don't take Mark's word completely. Lately he's been advocating relatively wise advice (more carbs) that may work for broad ranges of people, but I've already dialed in my eating pattern and am not budging. Nevertheless, he was the first guru I know of to use the big picture, a whole-life approach based on common sense, science, and practicality with massive anecdotal support instead of food lists and silly rules. He admits, like any sane person will, that science will always sculpt the nutrition field and we'll have to adapt new knowledge, try it out, see what works for whom, etc. And he's in the kind of shape I've finally gotten into, and would like to be in at his age.
        Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

you're such a sheep, knifegill
          beautiful
          yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
          lol

Comment

The only things i know from him are his blog posts and comments.

Comment

you're such a sheep, knifegill
              Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

gah now i'm hungry again
                beautiful
                yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                lol

Comment

Me, too. Out of bacon, as well. Will eat fish tonight! I think the beef heart has probably turned by now. We ate most of it, though! It's not easy to eat an entire beef heart. Next time I'll freeze half of it.
                  Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Originally posted by not on the rug View Post
                    ok people... can we stop feeding this troll now?
                    Is troll primal? I guess we should make sure he's being grass fed, huh? :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
                      I have never, as far as I can recall used the N word, or typed or written it. There is no excuse for it. I'm surprised somebody afraid to say "retard" would even type that word. I feel dirty for seeing the word. Let's just move forward, shall we?
                      And that's just how I feel when someone slings the R word. Moving forward is fine.
                      "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Oh, NVM. The fish isn't thawed yet but the chicken livers are jiggling all over the place in their bowl now. Liver tonight!

And that's just how I feel when someone slings the R word. Moving forward is fine.
                        I see.
                        Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

"And that's just how I feel when someone slings the R word. Moving forward is fine."

"I see."

I see it as the end of an era - When I was a kid, you could throw around the R word willy nilly
                          and it wasn't politically incorrect as no one was using it as a derogatory term towards the disabled,
                          it just meant you were a freaking doofus.

Just like I can't say to my kids "dude, that's so farking gay" - which really means, "that is SO LAME".

Nothing to do with one's sexual orientation, but if I said that to my 10 and 7yo, they would THINK it
                          did because that's what they know the word "gay" to mean.

So now I just have to say lame and save "gay" for my 47yo sister who "gets that meaning".

However, I understand you can't even say "lame" in grammar school anymore either because it is
                          said to insult those who can not walk or in wheel chairs.

Oy.

But hey, my 44yo self can definitely get by changing my vernacular to "lame and ricola".

And the only time I *ever* use the N word, is to make a statement, like, Nigga Please!

But only to other white people, because it's funny, cuz I'm white - and, it's a saying - but I
                          certainly wouldn't say it to a black person.

Even my old next door neighbor, who was/is a 6'7 black dude and ex 49'er football player - HE
                          would say to ME "what is up my N-ah!" and I would say to him, "what is up my caucasian!"

Just for shits and giggles.... but never the other way around, I wouldn't dare, cuz I ain't gots the
                          rights, bein' white and all.

Okay, soliloquy over. Sorry.

Julie

Comment

I hear lots of young people saying "re-re" lately. As in, 'don't be a re-re'. When I was a kid, we called everyone 'Sped's', because that's what it said on their door in school (sp. ed.) Also, remember the 'short bus' jokes. Funny how things come and go.

Comment

re-re's back in fashion? that's what people said when i was in high school

kids are so lame and unoriginal
                              beautiful
                              yeah you are

lol

Comment

Having worked with an organization that serves people with severe mental and intellectual disabilities in the past, I've learned that the issue around terms like "speds" and "retard" and the "short bus" jokes aren't in the terms themselves, but rather, how they are used. Most often, they are used in a context that singles out a particular group of individuals in a disrespectful manner. Oftentimes, this isn't the intent, but people just don't even realize that they are doing it.

The issue then, is to be more aware of the CONTEXT you are using such terms in, and being certain that you are not using it in an offensive manner. In most cases, I find it easier simply to not use the terms at all.
                                "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

Working...
                                X