X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"and yes, calories DO count my little piggies"

Prove it. Read this: Blog by CHIEFROK

Comment

LOL, people like you, Ray Peat/Matt Stone advocates are very funny with all the "You're a close minded paleo folk" and stuff.
      I know thin doesn't mean healthy, been there, done that (the CW way).
      But if you really need people like Matt Stone or Chiefrok who look awfully bad (even their faces look unhealthy and overweight) to justify that you don't have the will to do what it takes to look leaner and that you crave to "eat all you want" that's not my freakin' problem.

Maybe we need BALANCE.

I don't believe in the "insulin spike" theory, it's much more subtle than that, on the hormonal system...etc
      I don't think carbs are necessarily the enemies, in excess yeah they can be harmful. I just know for a fact that my blood tests are better in several ways when I eat moderate carbs and high fats (hormones and everything) and that I function better. That's it.

But your "Eat the food and mostly carbs" shouldn't be a dogma.

Carbs aren't the enemy, they aren't an amazing friend either.

Oh and
      http://www.ms-starship.com/sciencene...md38NK5283.jpg
      http://www.staffanlindeberg.com/Kita...les/000016.jpg
      http://primalmovers.files.wordpress....4/kitava01.jpg
      http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...Hbgqsxm4vthT-Q
      http://www.annacampbell.tv/blog/wp-c...airura-man.jpg

They all look leaner and stronger than all of the sedentary people I see when I'm outside.
      And they don't really "workout", they don't sit on their ass all day that's a fact but they naturally have a healthier looking physique.

You asked for it
      Last edited by Daydreamer; 11-28-2012, 10:25 AM.
      Young self-caring Paleo-eater from France.
      (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

Comment

Originally posted by napoleon1815 View Post
        So what is the ideal look then? Grok? That's a fantasy. Look at cultures over the world now that are primal or have just recently been "discovered." None of these people look like the fictional Grok. Most are physically much smaller than Westerners and potbellied. I did the Primal thing for almost a year from this site. Sure I lost weight but also lost my health. Thin does not mean healthy. I found Mat and later Chief and now I am rocking in health. Eat the food..and make it mostly carbs. The whole "carbs cause massive spikes in insulin and make you fat" is a lie.

That being said, read his articles and let me know without the Paleo glasses on.
        Then why are you here? If you're trying to convince people to consider another point of view, you're doing a lousy job. All you're doing is coming across as whiny and bitter. Your "role model" is a pudgy guy who brags about how much he can eat without gaining weight...but I think he forgot to look in the mirror.

If the Primal lifestyle didn't work for you, then chalk it up to experience and move on.

Comment

I don't consider myself a close-minded guy. I was a huge Sisson/Paleo guy. For almost a year I followed it...ate only grass-fed meats...avoided grains and potatoes like the plague. "Looked" better sure but felt rotten. Once I started eating more carbs the warm and life came back into me. Beat being cold and dizzy all day. I am glad you are totally anti-carb. My point is, I am not speaking out of ignorance. I've been there I lost 188lbs in under a year doing it and I certainly learned a lot of things along the way. The biggest are (1) calories DO NOT matter at all for successful weight loss, (2) avoiding carbs (especially when doing any intense exercise) is big mistake, (3) stress is the single most important factor in weight gain, and (4) if you are working out for more than an hour a week you are over doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Navy87Guy View Post
            Then why are you here? If you're trying to convince people to consider another point of view, you're doing a lousy job. All you're doing is coming across as whiny and bitter. Your "role model" is a pudgy guy who brags about how much he can eat without gaining weight...but I think he forgot to look in the mirror.

If the Primal lifestyle didn't work for you, then chalk it up to experience and move on.
            I am here because I saw the post and everyone jumping down the guys throat about roids, how he looked, etc., but NOT ONE person read anything on his site and posted anything in agreement or disagreement. I am not a Paleo hater...it was a good overall experience for me...however when I hit the wall it all turned around with his work.

Comment

That Chief Rok guy looks sorta fat to me, like he eats a great deal, probably well over 4000 calories a day. He also looks like he lifts a lot of weights. You can eat more carbs when you lift weights. In fact, unless you eat a great deal you can't get muscles as big as that. His body is actually not human normal. The guy in the pictures that Daydreamer posted are more what a normal human male looks like. And since those aboriginals in the pictures that Daydreamer posted looked like they lived in the tropics, I'm guessing they are probably consuming quite a large ratio of starchy root vegetables along with nuts, fruit, meat and possibly coconuts. A primal diet, basically.
              Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Navy87Guy View Post

I was surfing last night and see that people are flooding all the blog comments with pleas to go to this Chief Rok site and pledge some money...kinda strange.
                Find me on Facebook!

Comment

Originally posted by napoleon1815 View Post
                  I don't consider myself a close-minded guy. I was a huge Sisson/Paleo guy. For almost a year I followed it...ate only grass-fed meats...avoided grains and potatoes like the plague. "Looked" better sure but felt rotten. Once I started eating more carbs the warm and life came back into me. Beat being cold and dizzy all day. I am glad you are totally anti-carb. My point is, I am not speaking out of ignorance. I've been there I lost 188lbs in under a year doing it and I certainly learned a lot of things along the way. The biggest are (1) calories DO NOT matter at all for successful weight loss, (2) avoiding carbs (especially when doing any intense exercise) is big mistake, (3) stress is the single most important factor in weight gain, and (4) if you are working out for more than an hour a week you are over doing it.
                  paleo and primal are not low carb
                  beautiful
                  yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                  lol

Comment

I dont know where people are getting the he is fat thing, from the facebook pics, by his muscle size, he must be pretty lean. He also claims at 32" waist at 210lbs 6'1.

Again im not here to hype him or get people to donate. He is asking for views and comments. He wants people to be skeptical. He wants haters. Thats the point of this thread, i want people who i know are biased to read some of his articles and see what he has to say. Challange him, read his future posts. He is making some pretty big claims and people can at least give him the benefit of the doubt.

As for myself, i did strict paleo for over two years, then primal, then carnivore. Throughout the whole time my health deteriorated, i got fatter and my thyroid got destroyed. People like Peat, Stone and even Durian Rider showed me that there was more to it then just eating whole foods and avoids certain neolithic foods.

Primal is just a theory. Most that are the hardcore believers have not even been on the diet long enough to know how it effects them. Paleo dogma is just as dangerous as vegan propaganda.

Comment

ok people... can we stop feeding this troll now?

Comment

Originally posted by Zach View Post
                        I dont know where people are getting the he is fat thing, from the facebook pics, by his muscle size, he must be pretty lean. He also claims at 32" waist at 210lbs 6'1.

Again im not here to hype him or get people to donate. He is asking for views and comments. He wants people to be skeptical. He wants haters. Thats the point of this thread, i want people who i know are biased to read some of his articles and see what he has to say. Challange him, read his future posts. He is making some pretty big claims and people can at least give him the benefit of the doubt.

As for myself, i did strict paleo for over two years, then primal, then carnivore. Throughout the whole time my health deteriorated, i got fatter and my thyroid got destroyed. People like Peat, Stone and even Durian Rider showed me that there was more to it then just eating whole foods and avoids certain neolithic foods.

Primal is just a theory. Most that are the hardcore believers have not even been on the diet long enough to know how it effects them. Paleo dogma is just as dangerous as vegan propaganda.
                        Are you sure you were following paleo/primal?!? I am not sure how cutting out grains made you unhealthy.
                        Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
                        PS
                        Don't forget to play!

Comment

Originally posted by Zach View Post
                          Primal is short for Primal Blueprint, not a theory, but a book by Mark Sisson. It has Paleo underpinnings. What I love about PB is that it doesn't cave to Paleo dogma, but let's people choose their own path based on them. If you destroyed your health and thyroid following the Primal Blueprint, well, I got nothin' far ya.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                            paleo and primal are not low carb
                            What I was thinking.

It's true I am relatively new to the paleo/primal lifestyle, but I have never thought it to be a low carb way of eating. It's a right carb way of eating. As in I get them from fruits/veg instead of bread/grain. Skeptics always focus on the meat because it's an easy target. 1/2 my plate is plant food at every meal = good carbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirlot View Post
                              Are you sure you were following paleo/primal?!? I am not sure how cutting out grains made you unhealthy.
                              Because excess dietary fat and protein caused sever inflammation. Low carb caused low thyroid. Together they ruined me. And for everyone saying paleo isnt low carb. That may be so now but 8 years ago when i found it, it certainly was. And noone can say that paleo/primal has alwAys been blaiming carbs.

Originally posted by otzi View Post
                              Primal is short for Primal Blueprint, not a theory, but a book by Mark Sisson. It has Paleo underpinnings. What I love about PB is that it doesn't cave to Paleo dogma, but let's people choose their own path based on them. If you destroyed your health and thyroid following the Primal Blueprint, well, I got nothin' far ya.
                              Mark Sissons version of primal, his thoughts on meat and fat and the carb curve all are theorys. Modeling life after paleo man is a theory.

Comment

He looks fat. Sorry, but his face is fat and he appears to have about 3/4" of softness over his muscles. His muscles are overly large as one would expect from someone who either drank a gallon of milk a day or consumed over 4000 calories a day while lifting weights. His appearance is not natural. He got that way lifting weights. There's nothing wrong with lifting weights. I lift weights. But to claim it's all about his diet, whatever the hell it is, is false. It's all about his weight lifting. He could get that appearance eating Carl's Jr. and twinkies (well, if twinkies still existed.)
                                Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Working...
                                X