No announcement yet.

Check this out...new restaurant opened near me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

um... sounds awesome! Can't wait to check it out... in fact, I think I passed by it the other day, but I'm totally jaded about restaurants, so I never would've guessed it was anything primal

Comment

Whole foods for the most part...ditch the grain side and you are great.
      Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
      PS
      Don't forget to play!

Comment

Wow, impressive offerings! Not everything on the menu seemed primal-friendly (lots of dishes had beans or lentils and one or two had some grains), but man... Just avoid those and you've done DAMN well for a restaurant experience in NYC that allows us to stay very close to primal. And prices like THAT when they're using grass-fed beef?

I can dig it!
        "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

Oh my, this looks fantastic. My girlfriend and I will be in NYC on 12/27 and 12/28 and we'll definitely be stopping in!
          I wish I liked to eat liver.

Comment

jordan will you be there this saturday ..i will be eating there with my family..if you are open..didnt check hours but assuming you are

Comment

Thanks for the kind words, all. I too got fed up with all of the garbage out there, so I created Hu. We are constantly evolving. The menu online is actually obsolete and now more primal. It will be updated within a few days. We have gotten rid of the two grain breads. That was always the plan once I was comfortable that our Hu Bread (Paleo) was as kick-a$$ as it needed to be to be the only bread option. I am beyond excited with the product - took us 50 or 60 tries, but we nailed it.

Comment

So when are you opening in Alberta....lol.

Just a thought if it works out for you follow up with a cook book.
                Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
                PS
                Don't forget to play!

Comment

jordan will you be there on saturday? afternoon?

Comment

Everyone who goes should wear a sticker that says "I found it on MDA" Just so we know who's who.

Comment

1pm i will be there on saturday ..wife ,kid and brother inlaw..come join me

Comment

Wow the menu looks great! This is the way we eat at our house. I'm a former chef living in a small town; we honestly never go out to eat because any where we could go w/in an hour from our house would be step down in quality and taste.
                        Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

This is honestly a dream come true for me!! I live 5 blocks away, was there this morning for breakfast and go a few times a week to pick up some amazing meals! Seriously it is incredible to see such high quality food and that people are catching on to this type of lifestyle.

Comment

Yup. I will be there all weekend. Please ask for me. Again - all - thank you for the well wishes. Sisson (PB), Cordain, and Dr. Mark Hyman's UltraMind Solution were my biggest inspirations to roll the dice on launching a food brand.

Comment

This looks so incredible. One more reason I would love to visit NYC.

I am confident that if something like this opened local to me I'd be there several times a week with bells on.
                              yay!

Comment

Originally posted by humanjordan View Post
                                Hey, ChocoTaco. Thanks for checking out the site. I'm with you on the bad oils. It's for sure more expensive, but we walk the walk. We season, cook, and finish with olive oil, coconut oil, and seldom grass-fed butter. No canola oil or BS canola/olive oil blends. We take stances on many other issues that will no doubt make you smile, but that answers your oil question. Swing by if you are ever in NYC.
                                I like it. Do you use virgin grade oil or do you use expeller-pressed coconut oil and pure or light olive oil to remove the flavor? Some people dislike the taste of virgin coconut oil and I could see extra virgin olive oil being too strong for more delicate flavors.

This is kind of why butter is my go-to cooking fat almost always. It goes with everything from sweet treats to vegetables to heavy meats.
                                Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Comment

Working...
                                X