No announcement yet.

Christmas.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At this point I prefer real food to any kind of cookies, crackers or stuffing anyway. I'm not sure what to have for dinner though. The idea of prime rib sure is appealing, but so is rendering another quart of fat out of a roasted duck.
    Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
      At this point I prefer real food to any kind of cookies, crackers or stuffing anyway. I'm not sure what to have for dinner though. The idea of prime rib sure is appealing, but so is rendering another quart of fat out of a roasted duck.
      Standing rib roast is good... I grilled a great one a couple of years ago. I prefer the bone on when doing large meats for flavor.

And you've reminded me it's time for a goose roasting some time between now and then. GOOSE FAT.
      “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
      ~Friedrich Nietzsche
      And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

I will try and "primalise" as much as possible. We've got a goose for Christmas Day (roasted with onions and apples, and served with vegetables and the occasional roasted potato), and a 3-rib of beef for roasting on Boxing Day (courtesy of the quarter cow being delivered next week!). My family are all gluten intolerant anyway, and I'm cutting the sugar quantities in the cake (and subbing some coconut flour for some of the plain flour) as well as in the mincemeat, and I've got REAL suet this year! It will be interesting to see whether or not anyone notices the changes ... Otherwise we'll be eating much the same as usual ...

Comment

Hi all,

Just loving hearing what you will all be eating, very interesting considering the array of goodies available at Christmas!!! Glad I won't be on my own being tad naughty!!! Just got to cook the whole thing now.......hummm would like to go out this year...less washing up!!! Hope you all have a lovely Christmas!!

xx

Laura

Comment

LOL!!!!! Watch out people.......

Comment

I'll be visiting my folks who aren't primal, have no ideal what that is and would think I was nuts if I told them! However, they do like to eat mostly 'real' food so it shouldn't be too bad.

I'll pretty much eat whatever I feel like eating but since most non-primal food holds little appeal for me these days, I can't see it being too way out there. I'll indulge in some lovely roast parsnips and potatoes, turkey (or whatever meat is on the table) and loads of veggies. I may even have a little bread sauce and will definitely have some of our traditional sherry trifle...that's the big indulgence for me. This year I'll pass on the turkey sandwiches with bread sauce and stuffing (bread on bread...makes me shudder to think of it these days).

But, when I head home on boxing day, I'm confident that I'll have had my fill of non-primal fayre, no doubt will be feeling a little lethargic and tummy aching for it, and will be more than ready to get back to my own way of living.

Comment

I always loved the hors d'oeuvres more than the meal, so I think I'll just make plates of small fishes, little meat balls, different cheeses, etc.
                "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

I can't wait till Christmas!!!

My friend has a farm and raises organic/grass fed pigs. I've been out to the farm many times and have seen the care and love that goes into raising them. I've got dibs on a fresh ham and a couple of kilos of bacon (NOTHING tastes better than bacon fresh from a hand-raised pig, it looks nothing like what you buy from a butcher, the meat is really pink and tastes more sweet than salty).

Our Christmas lunch will consist of maple glazed ham with fresh seafood, salads and dark chocolate with a glass of red for dessert.

Originally posted by Shelly6 View Post
                  It all depends for me on the effort that went into that goodie. If cookies show up in a Lofthouse box, no way. If someone brings Christmas cut out cookies that they made from scratch and spent an entire day on, yeah, I'll probably partake in one.
                  I'm much the same. I'll happily pass up dessert/sweets/pastries at a function but can't go past trying something home-made that someone has put a lot of effort into, especially during Christmas. I can't really binge anymore anyway, even if I wanted to. I just end up with a food hangover the next day and spend all day nursing a migraine and belly-ache.

Comment

I am going to be going slowly crazy on Christmas because my gym will be closed and my family dies not celebrate the holidays. I am going to be so bored that I will probably end up eating candy and digging into a market-bought chicken all day. Oh we'll, it's just one day out of the year.
                    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Comment

Originally posted by spuggygirl View Post
                      I'll be visiting my folks who aren't primal, have no ideal what that is and would think I was nuts if I told them! However, they do like to eat mostly 'real' food so it shouldn't be too bad.
                      ^^ Same for me. As we live overseas my family haven't seen me since last Christmas, pre-Primal and about 26lbs heavier than I am now. They know I've changed how I eat and although they've been a bit dismissive of the idea of "no grains" there will still be plenty for me to choose from. I'm planning on staying reasonably Primal and just eating what I am comfortable eating without making a big deal out of it.

Comment

Can't wait for Xmas here. Fresh wild turkey from the back yard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't get better than that. Not Primal though, I'm using a gun.
                        55 yr old male

07/01/2013

Weight; 199
                        Chest; 41.5
                        Waist; 42
                        Hips; 40
                        Thigh; 22.5
                        Calf; 15
                        Bicep: 13
                        Forearm; 11.5
                        Neck; 17

07/20/2013

Weight; 200
                        Chest; 42
                        Waist; 42.5
                        Hips; 39
                        Thigh; 23
                        Calf; 15
                        Bicep: 13
                        Forearm; 11.5
                        Neck; 16

Comment

Limiting Fat Gain and Self-Loathing During the Holiday Season
                          Alex Peterson-
                          Nutritional Consultant
                          Creator of The Whole Muscle Diet and the Whole Muscle Blog

www.wholemusclegains.com

The authority on nutrition for strength and lean mass gains without the use of supplements, meal-timing, or other unnecessary diet methods.

Comment

I am gonna eat all the fruit I want. Buckets. Loads. I might even make a cobbler or an apple and berry pie.
                            My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
                            When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

mmmmmm...christmas. i do not eat primal at christmas. every year my mom makes me a lasagna, which i devour. i eat bread, pies, cookies, etc. and don't care. tons of homemade food is how my family does the holidays. i'm even planning a best burger in the city tour for the week following with a bunch of friends. i embrace the community part of primal more than the food part this time of year. i'll try to behave in the parties leading up to christmas though.
                              http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60178.html

Comment

For the main dish I will be making tongue (my mom and I consider it a delicacy) to serve cold and the best cut steaks from our cow, because we've run out of beef ~ October, and right now that the freezer is full again, beef is my craving of choice! And the cow this year is super good due to the long summer.
                                My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
                                When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

Working...
                                X