Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New video of 90 day body transformation - could you do this primal?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New video of 90 day body transformation - could you do this primal?

    Just came across this video on youtube when I was looking at body transformations. It's a bit weird :S



    5.7kg of Fat Loss in 90 Days - Rohan's Before & After Transformation - YouTube

    The guy says he did it 100% natural. What do you think?

    Can you do a transformation like this using the Primal Blueprint?

  • #2
    Originally posted by Caveman_Sam View Post

    The guy says he did it 100% natural. What do you think?

    Can you do a transformation like this using the Primal Blueprint?
    No reason to think that he is not 100% natural, and yes its perfectly fine to use the PB principles as a foundation of losing fat. This guy lost on an average less than one pound per week, so nothing extraordinary about it at all...
    "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

    - Schopenhauer

    Comment


    • #3
      There are 1000's of people who can do that naturally in 90 days.... I imagine many have done it via a primal diet. In fact, I imagine it would be even easier that a CW diet.
      Start Date 9.24.12
      Starting weight 285ish ( scale is acting funny so I don't trust it, but 285 is close )
      CW - 271 pounds
      First Goal - 255 by 2013
      Main Goal - To be healthy for my family... I have an awesome family.
      Other Goal - to get off some medications
      Final goal - to get to about 180 pounds by 2014
      NEW GOAL - When I can start a new journal called "Your dad is not so fat!"

      Your Dad is So Fat

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Primal Papa View Post
        There are 1000's of people who can do that naturally in 90 days.... I imagine many have done it via a primal diet. In fact, I imagine it would be even easier that a CW diet.
        Cool. Why might it be easier?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Caveman_Sam View Post
          Cool. Why might it be easier?
          I just mean, this guy says you can eat whatever you want - ie you can eat starchy carbs - and lose fat. Would that be better than primal?

          Comment


          • #6
            It seems his emphasis is on fat loss alone while PB is to maximize health. Totally different emphasis notwithstanding weasel-words used such as "100% natural" etc. The hook? "No banned foods" and free booklet. In the back of your mind you KNOW that there is something they are selling for real money-this effort is not altruistic. All one gets from the video is that he lost weight in a certain time-frame (90 days? We will have to take his word for it) and NOTHING else. IMO he looks gaunt. Frankly, he was/is a more handsome fellow in the before picture. At best this is a hack for cosmetic purposes. I sometimes wonder if one has to "jump-start" weight loss maybe the body is trying to tell us something. Slow down, maybe?
            Last edited by Terry H; 11-24-2012, 06:13 AM.

            Comment


            • #7
              I don't think he was more handsome in the before picture at all, but somewhere in the middle would have been better.
              But there's nothing magical here. He had an acceptable amount of muscle mass under the little bit of fat to begin with, and maximized fat loss while still training for muscle retention, and reduced calories.
              Young self-caring Paleo-eater from France.
              (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Caveman_Sam View Post
                Cool. Why might it be easier?

                Well,my thinking is, body builders eat lots of protein. I am no expert, but I could see primal doing the same thing as I know I eat more protein than before.
                Start Date 9.24.12
                Starting weight 285ish ( scale is acting funny so I don't trust it, but 285 is close )
                CW - 271 pounds
                First Goal - 255 by 2013
                Main Goal - To be healthy for my family... I have an awesome family.
                Other Goal - to get off some medications
                Final goal - to get to about 180 pounds by 2014
                NEW GOAL - When I can start a new journal called "Your dad is not so fat!"

                Your Dad is So Fat

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Terry H View Post
                  It seems his emphasis is on fat loss alone while PB is to maximize health. Totally different emphasis notwithstanding weasel-words used such as "100% natural" etc. The hook? "No banned foods" and free booklet. In the back of your mind you KNOW that there is something they are selling for real money-this effort is not altruistic. All one gets from the video is that he lost weight in a certain time-frame (90 days? We will have to take his word for it) and NOTHING else. IMO he looks gaunt. Frankly, he was/is a more handsome fellow in the before picture. At best this is a hack for cosmetic purposes. I sometimes wonder if one has to "jump-start" weight loss maybe the body is trying to tell us something. Slow down, maybe?

                  I thought the exact same thing but I went to his website and couldn't find anything to buy. That said, it could show up in emails, because you need to supply an email address.
                  Start Date 9.24.12
                  Starting weight 285ish ( scale is acting funny so I don't trust it, but 285 is close )
                  CW - 271 pounds
                  First Goal - 255 by 2013
                  Main Goal - To be healthy for my family... I have an awesome family.
                  Other Goal - to get off some medications
                  Final goal - to get to about 180 pounds by 2014
                  NEW GOAL - When I can start a new journal called "Your dad is not so fat!"

                  Your Dad is So Fat

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I'll see you your "Rohan" and raise you a Frank Sabia.
                    5'0" female, 45 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Gained back to 115(!) on SAD chocolate, potato chips, and stress. Currently 111.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by oxide View Post
                      I'll see you your "Rohan" and raise you a Frank Sabia.
                      iNDEED!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Terry H View Post
                        iNDEED!
                        That Frank Sabia transformation is sweet.

                        What's the best transformation you've seen before?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Caveman_Sam View Post
                          That Frank Sabia transformation is sweet.

                          What's the best transformation you've seen before?
                          Maybe not the best transformation, but indeed one of the more extreme though! Here bodybuilder Lee Priest before and after:

                          "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

                          - Schopenhauer

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            A buddy at work bought into the Fat Loss Boss, turned out to be 100% CICO. He uses RMR X 7 - 3500 = weekly calorie budget, then has you eat like 500 cals somedays, 3000 cals other days. They say the key is to not count any 'calories out', just RMR and 'calories in'.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Gorbag View Post
                              Maybe not the best transformation, but indeed one of the more extreme though! Here bodybuilder Lee Priest before and after:

                              Very nice. He's got quite a belly and then he gets shredded
                              I do like the dramatic before and afters but it was nice to see the change in the body day by day in video.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X