dining with family and friends

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sandra in BC View Post
    1. Be a thoughtful houseguest. Offer to cook for them and buy all the food.

2. Be a polite houseguest and eat what's on the menu, unless you have a severe allergy/intolerance. Eating out means you have some control over what ends up on your plate.
    Yeah, making poor health choices to appease other people is awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by mostofthetime7 View Post
      Yeah, making poor health choices to appease other people is awesome.
      Thanks for this perspective!

Eating more primally seems to counter 'enjoyment of regular food'. Probably all restaurants use vegetable oils in their food, the only way is to cook at home. I don't care for most restaurant food anyway (except really good steakhouses or sashimi), just enjoy the company.

Comment

Originally posted by girlhk View Post
        Thanks! This seems to be the best solution, just cooking for my dh, dd, and myself as much as possible.

I would do this as well. If anything, you could make a list of "Will eat", "Will Not Eat", and "Will eat in moderation" and go from there. If someone would have shown up with a home made pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving, I probably would have had a slice seeing as how they made it from scratch...but there are certain things I will not fold on and am quite stubborn about (fast food being one)...

Comment

Originally posted by Louisa655 View Post
          set up pylons around the bathroom and explain that a change in diet will result in more bathroom time
          hand out numbers and take the first 50 hahahahah
          Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

A couple of months? Jesus. I can't stand family for more than a few hours. How do you do that?

Comment

Originally posted by Neely View Post
              A couple of months? Jesus. I can't stand family for more than a few hours. How do you do that?
              Special circumstances this time, a mixture of meetings, weddings to attend, chinese new year celebrations, and general visiting. It's too expensive to rent a place for a month...I do like to spend time with my siblings, differences aside. My mother is gets more difficult as she gets older.

Comment

Originally posted by Shelly6 View Post
                I would do this as well. If anything, you could make a list of "Will eat", "Will Not Eat", and "Will eat in moderation" and go from there. If someone would have shown up with a home made pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving, I probably would have had a slice seeing as how they made it from scratch...but there are certain things I will not fold on and am quite stubborn about (fast food being one)...
                I don't mind homemade (non-primal) meals from scratch once in awhile. But so few people cook from scratch nowadays.
                Last edited by girlhk; 11-25-2012, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X