Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cholesterol

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • cholesterol

    I understand only around 10% of the cholesterol in your body is absorbed by food (maybe less), so it doesnt matter, however; I am wondering how much cholesterol you guys eat per day. Apparently I consumed 2468mg today.

  • #2
    No idea, I don't eat cholesterol I eat food :-)
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

    Originally posted by tfarny
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

    Comment


    • #3
      What?

      Food contains cholesterol

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Kingofturtles View Post
        What?

        Food contains cholesterol
        Pretty sure the answer means that they don't count cholesterol and just focus on good whole foods. Neither do I, but with the amount of eggs, liver, and fatty red meat I prefer I'm sure its sufficient to keep an optimal hormonal profile and do the necessary repairs.
        Last edited by Neckhammer; 11-21-2012, 12:33 PM.

        Comment


        • #5
          I wouldn't worry about the cholesterol intake in your diet.

          Comment


          • #6
            Please read this.

            http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread4723.html

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
              Please read my post again. I clearly state that I know it doesnt matter how much cholesterol you eat. You have a problem with not reading my posts and then commenting on them.

              I asked how much cholesterol you usual consume. I didnt ask if its good or bad. I asked how much. There was no scientific reasoning behind it. I know a lot of people have apps that tell them.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Kingofturtles View Post
                I understand only around 10% of the cholesterol in your body is absorbed by food (maybe less), so it doesnt matter, however; I am wondering how much cholesterol you guys eat per day. Apparently I consumed 2468mg today.
                Originally posted by Kingofturtles View Post
                Please read my post again. I clearly state that I know it doesnt matter how much cholesterol you eat. You have a problem with not reading my posts and then commenting on them.
                First of all, cholesterol is not "absorbed by food" in any percentage so, no, you did not clearly state anything. You showed that you needed some basic info on cholesterol and the link I gave you is one of the best around.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Congrats. U found a typing error. Obviously cholesterol isn't absorbed by food. Good for you for knowing that. Now lets stop being retarded here. We both know the point of this thread was to see how much cholesterol people ate. I am sorry my posts aren't simple enough for you. Maybe u should stay out of my threads, seeing as how u always misinterpret them.

                  For the record. I read the straight dope on cholesterol, a more in depth updated cholesterol paper than ur link. So yes, I know a bit a out cholesterol, despite what my typo may suggest

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Shamra Byrne
                    Way more than most doctors think I should. I am healthy, happy, and vibrant. Must mean I am doing something right

                    Yes, you feel great but how do you know that evil bad, bad LDL-C isn't plugging up your arteries behind your back when you are not looking? Just kidding of course because I am now enjoying 2-3 pastured eggs per day, 1 lb of US Wellness liverwurst per week, 1 lb grass-fed ground beef per week, 1 lb US Wellness ground bison per week, 2-3 ozs of cheese daily and half&half in my coffee. My goal is to manage postprandial blood glucose which I can do very well on a VLC diet. I will have a lipid panel done sometime soon to hopefully confirm a big reduction in trigs. If my LDL-C is elevated because of my new diet then tough cookies because high BG and high trigs are much more concerning to me.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Kingofturtles View Post
                      Congrats. U found a typing error. Obviously cholesterol isn't absorbed by food. Good for you for knowing that. Now lets stop being retarded here. We both know the point of this thread was to see how much cholesterol people ate. I am sorry my posts aren't simple enough for you. Maybe u should stay out of my threads, seeing as how u always misinterpret them.

                      For the record. I read the straight dope on cholesterol, a more in depth updated cholesterol paper than ur link. So yes, I know a bit a out cholesterol, despite what my typo may suggest
                      Did you intend to type "absorbed FROM food" as opposed to "absorbed BY food"? Seriously, how would one know if that is a "typo" or the ramblings of a really clueless person who needs Griff's Cholesterol Primer as a starting point?

                      I was offering that link as a sincere attempt to help. I'm glad that it wasn't necessary.

                      Now you are just being a jerk because you feel like I insulted your intelligence or something. If you can't post a question coherently but then tell others to stop being "retarded"......... Also, that's not a very polite word to use.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        This thread is entertaining if nothing else........

                        btw, thanks for the link Paleo, I AM interested in all the info I can find about cholesterol......
                        Last edited by Barnyard; 07-28-2013, 07:51 AM.
                        The life I have today is far better than I deserve.......

                        M, 58, 6'0
                        SW - 192
                        CW - 180
                        GW - 165-170

                        Current addiction: ice cream (and sugar in general).....doing battle with it!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          varies but looking back yesterday i ate around 1000mg which is probably give or take a bit fairly average.
                          my last cholesterol test result (22/07/13) was excellent
                          total 4.4 mmol/L (171mg/dL)
                          HDL 2.0 mmol/L (80mg/dL)
                          LDL 1.8 mmol/L (71mg/dL)
                          Trigs 1.1 mmol/L(100mg/dL)
                          Total Cholesterol/HDL ratio is: 2.14
                          HDL/LDL ratio is: 1.127
                          triglycerides/HDL ratio is: 1.250
                          When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
                          27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
                          new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X