No announcement yet.

Think I would like to try ketogenic diet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love the keto diet, but through the summer, I fell off the wagon in terms of carbs. I want to get back into it and fast without dragging out the dreaded carb flu. Is my best bet to fast through it? What are the best foods to eat in the first couple days/week to increase the speed in which I can enter ketosis? Or, is there really no short-cut way to get there?

Comment

Originally posted by PaleoCowgirl View Post
      I love the keto diet, but through the summer, I fell off the wagon in terms of carbs. I want to get back into it and fast without dragging out the dreaded carb flu. Is my best bet to fast through it? What are the best foods to eat in the first couple days/week to increase the speed in which I can enter ketosis? Or, is there really no short-cut way to get there?
      Fasting with exercise is a short cut way to get there faster. I'm not willing to do that though.

Comment

Thanks! It might be hard to do with Thanksgiving this week anyway, but maybe today and tomorrow, I could fast and do some sprints and heavy lifting. Let's see how that goes.

Comment

Oh god.....I'm having the worst cravings for sugar right now.

Comment

Originally posted by MarissaLinnea View Post
            Oh god.....I'm having the worst cravings for sugar right now.
            Nothing to do but to fight it if you're serious about getting there. No one said it was going to be easy!
            "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

Originally posted by Drumroll View Post
              Nothing to do but to fight it if you're serious about getting there. No one said it was going to be easy!
              I know!! I'm doing it, I won't give in. But these beautiful yellow apples on my counter are screaming at me right now, lmao!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarissaLinnea View Post
                I know!! I'm doing it, I won't give in. But these beautiful yellow apples on my counter are screaming at me right now, lmao!!!
                So scream back!
                "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

Also, I think I need to stop tracking my calories and macros. I feel like I'm actually eating more now, because I'm trying to keep up with protein and fat and whatnot. It's stressing me out and I'm actually eating more now than I was before, and I don't think I should do that because I'm really not that hungry. I know what my carbs come from and I know how to keep them really low, so I think the tracking is working against me. I'm just going to go back to listening to my body as far as hunger goes, and making sure to keep everything low carb. Much simpler.

Comment

Working...
                  X