Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Women IFers -- lets chat about protocols!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by reallygravity View Post
    I do very well with one meal a day, at around 1pm or so. However, I have come to realize that my daughter eats an exceptionally good dinner if I eat with her. So now, I have been eating my one meal with her at 5pm.

However, my body is taking some time to switch to this new schedule. I am really hungry by 1-2pm, and 5pm seems so far away! The water I drink just cannot sustain me until then. And if I do end up eating at 1/2pm, I am not hungry at 5pm. And since dinner time with mommy is something my daughter really looks forward to, I end up eating for the heck of it again with her (and I definitely dont enjoy eating when I am not hungry!)

I should add some green tea and non-calorie drinks that will sustain me until 5pm. I tried some juicing the other day, and that helped.

Any tips/ ideas?
    Caffeine DOES blunt hunger signals somewhat. Just be aware that when fasting, you absorb more caffeine on an empty stomach. Stick to low doses of caffeine later in the day to prevent keeping yourself awake at night. Try some oolong tea or green tea at about noon and see if that can hold you over.

Yerba mate is also a fantastic choice for this, and some people say they sleep BETTER when regularly consuming mate, though your mileage may vary.
    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

Yap, I have tried doing that...but I think my three year old daughter now is in a phase where she wants to eat together not just for food, but also socializing. She has started to tell him stories from school, ideas, her imaginary friends...it is pretty interesting.

The point is, if I have a small snack, she keeps saying, eat Mommy, eat. And if I dont, she says--oh, you are not hungry? Then lets just play then.

I am going try snacking at 1/2. Something to tide me over.

Comment

Thanks. I am going to try the teas. I strongly dislike coffee (gasp!)--it makes me nauseous and dehydrated.

But I can drink tea all day. Going to bust out those tea bags tomorrow morning!

Comment

I don't like coffee either, that's why I drink tea. I have moved from black tea (and earl grey) to peppermint and red tea. And, i've taken myself down to 3 cups per day, to help keep my teeth from staining. just something that I'm trying, anyway.

I'm on cup two today, and I'll save one for tonight (red) after dinner.

Had breakfast already (at 11 am), and so I'll finish before 7 tonight. It's a bit of a stretch, but possible.

Anyway. . .

Comment

I enjoy tea so much that I invested in some really good loose tea leaves. The comparison to bagged teas is that there really isn't any. And when you rebrew the leaves 3-4 times which you can with a good quality tea, it actually gets cheaper than tea bags which are not really suitable to be rebrewed. The reason for this is that tea bags usually get filled with the tea fannings and dust.

If you're drinking tea regularly, if only for a purely financial reason you might be better served making the switch to loose leaf tea.

Especially if you're using them as an aid to your IF routine.
            "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

We use loose leaf; it's nice.

Comment

Ah, interesting.

We grew up using loose leaves. My dad is in big tea drinker.

I dont drink tea on a regular basis, and the tea we have right now are all gifts. Once I plow through that, loose leaf it is. I am going to ask my dad to me some from India!

Comment

For anyone who appreciates tea, it's worth the investment to use loose leaf. Produces an ENTIRELY different product.

Besides, as I said, it actually SAVES money in the long run, if you rebrew the leaves which makes sense for people who (like those who want to supplement their IFing with it) are using the tea every day.

Comment

Loose leaf tea makes tea drinking a joy. Recently tried some for the first time gifted by a friend. I was surprised at how good it was. I'd never enjoyed tea from tea bags...

Comment

Yes, and you can use a press pot for it as well (same one you use for coffee) too.

Comment

Originally posted by zoebird View Post
                        Yes, and you can use a press pot for it as well (same one you use for coffee) too.
                        Indeed you can! Just keep in mind, I'd get a french press EXCLUSIVELY for tea because coffee and tea oils can mingle if you use the same press and that can have an impact on the flavor of your tea.

Also, keep in mind the recommended temperatures for brewing the various tea types (it's not just boiling water on everything, you can ruin some lovely teas that way).

Anyway, not to hijack the thread, though it seems that people are taking to tea as a significant aid to their fasting which I definitely think is a great thing.

Comment

yes, i know. so yucky. I have separate ones.

Comment

For all the loose leaf drinkers...
                            I'm in LOVE with this handy little device!
                            Amazon.com: Cuisinart CPK-17 PerfecTemp 1.7-Liter Stainless Steel Cordless Electric Kettle: Kitchen & Dining
                            It heats water to what ever you set it to... 160 to 212.
                            It might seem like overkill... but... for a dedicated tea drinker it's heaven IMO.
                            “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                            ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                            And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

I will have to try loose leaf. Because I really do not enjoy the taste of just tea (from these bags) but I drink it because I think it is good for me. And it does break up the monotony of water. I do use a slice of lemon once in awhile, but still.

That use to be all mom used. I dont think we had tea bags when I was a kid, ya know, back in the stone ages.

Anyways, I have alot to use up, like 2 boxes each of 5 different kinds (I know this cuz I reorganized my tea cabinet yesterday) but I will get at least one loose leaf to try.

I love that little kettle. Now I know what I need for Christmas
                              Last edited by gopintos; 12-03-2012, 03:35 AM.
                              65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Comment

Sheesh, this week's carb up went a bit wild. I managed to put on 5 lbs, from 124.3 low to 128.8 lbs high. Now we shall see if I can manage a 6 lbs drop for 1 lb loss this week. I am gonna try to IF today for 14 hours in the morning to hopefully keep calories under 1300 to start compensating for the wagon of fruit over the weekend. I need 3.5 hours to make it to 14 hour mark. Fingers crossed!
                                Then I will go back to light supper/no supper schedule.

@ 1:30 min to go had ~ 1 tsp of coconut oil to get over the persistent irritation & foraging instinct. The hunger pang ~ 6:30 am was short lived, likely reflexive to the weekend breakfast time. Okay, fingers crossed I can make it for the last 90 min with the cheat.
                                Last edited by Leida; 12-03-2012, 08:32 AM.
                                My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
                                When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

Working...
                                X