No announcement yet.

Macadamia Nuts = Fat Bombs of Doom

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just bought four pounds at a macadamia nut packing factory in Hawaii. It came to about $8.00 per pound for this quantity. Yum!

Comment

Move to Australia...
      Evolutionary. Ideology that fits biology

Comment

This is why I love Hawaii. Local coffee, local grass fed beef ($4-$7/lb), local mac nuts, local organic Okinawan sweet potatoes ($1.40/lb), fresh ahi....
        "Go For Broke"
        Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
        Small Kine-168/9%
        Now- 200/8%
        Goal- 210/6%

Comment

LOL! Wallet-blasting Fat Bombs of Doom!

Comment

Last holiday season I made for my workmates some dark chocolate macadamia nut bark. Most people didn't try it bec. of the dark chocolate but rather for the macadamia nuts-it was a hit.

Comment

macadamia nuts > almonds. omega 3's are great. and i love raw macadamias. eat them everyday

almonds have vitamin d but macadamia's got better omega 3

Comment

You certainly can't get grass fed beef for 3 dollars a lb where I am, either. Calgary, AB, Canada. :P
                We buy half a cow, and it comes to about $4-5, and that's not including all the extra organ meets we get. Chest freezer is a way to go.

Oh, and the thing with Macadamia nuts is to make them into a meal, like a breakfast. Then ~ 50 g makes a satisfying experience for under 400 cals, you get great combination of fats, and don't fret over each nut you are eating.
                My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
                When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

Originally posted by Terry H View Post
                  Last holiday season I made for my workmates some dark chocolate macadamia nut bark. Most people didn't try it bec. of the dark chocolate but rather for the macadamia nuts-it was a hit.
                  lmao, last time I tried this, I used 100% cacao and a Tbsp of sugar for the entire bar....at least there were plenty leftovers for me!
                  My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

I used either 85 or 90% Lindt which was no doubt too strong for most. It was a hit for a few who dared and yes, there was some left over....

Comment

Working...
                    X