Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fat blocking soda. What could possibly be worse?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fat blocking soda. What could possibly be worse?

Anyone else hear about this new product from Pepsi?

Pepsi Introduces Fat Blocking Soda
    Pepsi Introduces Fat Blocking Soda - ABC News

So many things wrong with this, where to start?

Indigestible fiber.....yummmmmmy

Comment

Another article discussing it....

http://health.yahoo.net/experts/dayi...ight-loss-soda

Basically you drink the chemical infused soda and it "blocks" the fat but still lets the lovely carbs on through to process. The article says why choose between a hamburger and pizza when you can choose both and drink one of these. That is a great idea!!! Double up your grain-carb filled processed entrees as long as you drink a chemically created drink that is infused with a potato based fiber that has been questionably synthesized!! Sounds legit right?
      Starting Weight - 280lbs
      Current - 280bs
      Goal - Around 200lbs(will be focusing on the mirror and not the scale then)
      Working hard to make a healthier and more active me.

Comment

Lol Pepsi is scrambling... they're done. The cat's out of the bag, everyone knows soda is bad for you, and it's only a matter of time before their company is kaputz.

Comment

Ewwwww!
          Health is Wealth!

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndChance View Post
            Lol Pepsi is scrambling... they're done. The cat's out of the bag, everyone knows soda is bad for you, and it's only a matter of time before their company is kaputz.
            not a chance. people will always drink that crap because it tastes good to them.

Comment

Originally posted by KV8R View Post
              not a chance. people will always drink that crap because it tastes good to them.
              Nah, have a little faith! Here's how I see it, everyone I know who's really committed to health, it's because they've seen SAD fail their loved ones. The importance of challenging health norms didn't really hit me til my dad (who ate really healthy by CW standards) was diagnosed with cancer.

Almost everyone now knows someone with diabetes, or someone who's doctor told them, "You need to watch your sugar!" I'm not saying the change will be overnight, but people are very motivated by what I'll call the I-don't-want-to-end-up-like-my-mom factor. The more people who see their parents/other family members struggle with diet-related illnesses, the more people will switch to a sensible diet.

We primal people just need to stick to our guns. We know we're right. We just live our lives, lead by example, quietly eat a salad and some coconut-oil-fried eggs while everyone else snacks on cookies--or, if they're "healthy", Kashi bars and omg-raw-vegan desserts..

Be optimistic, though! Things can only get better from here. GMOs are in the national conversation since the election, doesn't matter that the proposition didn't pass... People are wisening up. The SAD devotees will die off due to their own poor decisions, and those left behind will start making better ones.

Comment

And it's cheap too. I'm not so sure whether people are really wisening up, too.

Comment

A drink that blocks fat absorption? Let's see what is the brain made of? What happens when you deprive a brain of fat? Maybe Pepsi has stock in Alzheimer meds.
                  Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

Originally posted by Graycat View Post
                    And it's cheap too. I'm not so sure whether people are really wisening up, too.
                    It's cheap?! Giving up pop was the first commitment to health I ever made, back when I still ate terribly. Why'd I do it? To save money! You know how much you save by getting water at restaurants? If you eat out a lot (I used to) it adds up quick!

Comment

It's cheap?! Giving up pop was the first commitment to health I ever made, back when I still ate terribly. Why'd I do it? To save money! You know how much you save by getting water at restaurants? If you eat out a lot (I used to) it adds up quick!
                      This is true. I know many people who don't give a rat's patoot about anything else they eat, but they know 1) they feel crappy when drinking pop, and 2) know it's bad for you. Your average dentist will tell you about the evils of pop, while the bad side of other SAD food & drink is still under the radar of CW practitioners.

On the other hand, I still have some uncles who drink the 56 oz mug of Diet Coke or Diet Dew each day. Slow learners.

Comment

Yup!

Health is Wealth!

Comment

I dunno, you might have a point. Though, where I live it's not too hard to find 2 liter bottles on sale for less than $1, and I don't mean the no name store brands. I have seen people pushing around large grocery store carts full of soda and it always makes me kind of sad.
                          Very often some gas station convenience stores run a sale on the humongous sized fountain drinks for about 40 cent or something like that, really cheap.

Comment

As soon as this hits the shelves I’m going to start seeing this “magic” soda in the hands of every one of my coworkers. It will be interesting to see in a couple of months that not a one of them loses a pound of weight. And for some reason their Shape-Up shoes have also failed them. And their ellipticals. Perhaps they need some acai berries and agave nectar in their diets.
                            “You may have thought you heard me say I wanted a lot of bacon and eggs, but what I said was: Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.” - Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Koozie View Post
                              I’m going to start seeing this “magic” soda in the hands of every one of my coworkers. . .
                              Something tells me you'll want to steer clear of the bathroom at that point. Olestra 2.0?

Comment

Working...
                              X