X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fried breakfast is healthiest way to start the day, say scientists

My friend posted this (in disbelief) to Facebook today:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/he...cientists.html

The article specifically states the benefits of a such a breakfast being fatty, and how that's advantageous over a carb-heavy breakfast. Great to see stuff like this in a mainstream newspaper and know that I'm on the right track with my nice big fry up 5 days a week!

I will say that I believe it's true. Before PB, I drank a protein drink that included protein powder, oatmeal and milk, with just a little flaxseed oil for fat. I would be starving within a few hours. Now, I eat 4-5 eggs, bacon, and coffee with heavy cream, and I am good for at least 6-7 hours.

Comment

Yeppers! Gotta say the article lines up with what I've experienced to be true. Thanks for posting it! I've posted it to my FB
      Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

Comment

I have to say, I've always loved the English fry-up... except for the baked beans. I never understand how someone could stomach them in the morning.

Comment

April Fool's Joke, Perhaps?

April Fool's joke? Just looking at the date on the article ;-)
          My photography:
          http://www.swiftimages.net

Comment

Originally posted by Mac View Post
            April Fool's joke? Just looking at the date on the article ;-)
            not in my world LOL
            Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

Comment

Aye my friends were hoping it wasn't an April fool of course.

Just had a debate in the post comments with a friend who's into nutrition and was pointing out that "my idea of good fats is different from 95% of doctors / researchers / trainers"... *headdesk*

Comment

Well if we are to use the same standard of evaluation for "good fats" we end up with saturated fats being the winners. Also if we go by what the conventional practitioners say we should eat, we should eat 60% fat because of course the only single health issue that matters is that horrible horrible CHD.

It's hilarious that they think it is a good joke to tell people to eat a lot of bacon and sausage in the morning to lose weight and be healthy.
                Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Comment

OK in terms of what's healthy: Bacon, check. Sausage, check. Eggs, Check. Beans.......?! Beans?! since when were beans high fat? If they're going to throw beans into the mix I think they should include those fried potatoes in the pictures too.

Comment

went to the website of the journal mentioned but I couldn't find the article they referred to...gotta be april fools

Comment

The BBC linked to this in an article entitled "10 stories that could be April Fools... but aren't":
                      http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/8598637.stm

But then again, that might have been an April fool

Comment

Even if they are serious I can 1up them. Breakfast of mostly fat and protein, lunch of mostly fat and protein, dinner of mostly fat and protein.

I like my breakfast raw and cold though. Don't you dare call me a raw foodist but it's a psychological think more than anything. And it gets my sweet cravings out of the way early so my afternoon and evening can be that nice and full, rich, fatty, psyched feeling.
                        Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Comment

Hey guys, I work in the nutrition and public health departments of UAB - 'tis no April Fools...

Lxxx

Comment

This article was published on 31st March, so no April fools there:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...start-day.html

I'm sure I heard this news a couple of months ago as well and anyway I totally agree as it works for me when I manage to get the time to eat one (less the beans)

Comment

Here's the original article:

http://www.nature.com/ijo/journal/va...jo201063a.html

Comment

Working...
                              X