Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You've got a gun to your head....popcorn popped on coconut oil or....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You've got a gun to your head....popcorn popped on coconut oil or....

Carrot sticks?

Just kidding. How about cape cod potato chips whose only ingredients are potatoes/canola oil?

Neither are overly primal choices. Just getting an idea of which is the lesser of 2 evils?

The lesser of the two evils is an individual effect. Personally I don't eat potato chips, so I guess the popcorn wins (since I have made that at home). I do make french fries with olive oil at home too though.

Comment

Canola is probably GMO... not to mention all the shit they do to conventional potatoes... some potato farmer said he has a private crop of potatoes he grows for his family, he doesn't see the ones he grows commercially as safe to eat...

How about you go get a bag of organic russet potatoes (3.99 for 3lbs at my regular ol' supermarket), cut them into thick-ish slices, fry in coconut oil with a bit of salt, and thank me later for saving you from both those two evils My mom told me once about a friend of a friend, a gastroenterologist, who said almost every case of diverticulitis he treated was due to popcorn kernels lingering in the intestines, forming little pockets...

Comment

considering the gun scenario...which ever one is closer, self preservation trumps a temporary disconfort.

Now, if there were no gun...NEITHER. Just had a deja vu Matrix-y moment,"There is no gun"

Comment

Y'all are more hardcore than me, lol! I am headed to the movies and I was debating on popping my own popcorn....

Comment

Bacon.
            Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Popcorn.

Comment

There is no gun
                Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Comment

So it's essentially corn vs canola oil...

I think the corn would give me worse effects, so I'd go with the chips.

Comment

The lesser of the two evils is an individual effect

Comment

Pork rinds... which I prefer calling by their much cooler name chicharrones!
                      “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                      ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                      And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

On a side note to corn, Costco sells organic tortilla chips. Since they are organic they can't be made with GMO corn. Does that mean there is not GMO corn still in North America?
                        Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
                        PS
                        Don't forget to play!

Comment

i would eat both, considering neither evil -- if i wanted them.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirlot View Post
                            On a side note to corn, Costco sells organic tortilla chips. Since they are organic they can't be made with GMO corn. Does that mean there is not GMO corn still in North America?
                            I believe you, but I don't believe the labelling. I'm never eating corn again, period. Monsanto can kiss my rosy red ass in Macy's window.

Oh, yeah. To the op, potatoes.
                            "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Carrot sticks. They make a better weapon to use against the idiot holding a gun to my head.

Comment

Working...
                              X