Anyone else eat butter by itself?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else eat butter by itself?

This is one of my favorite treats. I especially like Kerrygold Irish Pure Salted Butter. Am I a sicko? I don't feel like I can tell anyone else about it as they would probably start lecturing me about fat and cholesterol.

Butter is da bomb!!!

I ate QUITE a bit the other night after some really spicy indian food.
    Life on Earth may be punishing, but it includes an annual free trip around the sun!

Comment

I've done it before....super tasty. I have cut out dairy recently though to drop some BF%
      My whole life, I've felt like an animal......but I've ignored my instincts. I ignored what I really am. That will never happen again.

My blog

Comment

I did it once...and have never looked back.

Comment

Last night I had some on broccoli and after I was done I ate a chunk on its own. Spectacular but I think I have a sensitivity
          Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Comment

When my mother was growing up she asked her mother for a kilo of butter for her birthday. She got it, she ate it......

Comment

That's pretty damn primal. Grok would be proud.

Comment

All the time - !

Comment

ha! I was just at the store wondering if anyone did that because it looked so dam good.

I have cut out dairy since going primal, but recently thought about adding butter. I think this post was the tipping point. Thanks!

Comment

I coach 14 year old girls and a few days ago they were speaking in a very unflattering way about another girl they know at school. They made some reference to the fact that this girl eats butter straight. I interrupted and said, "What? she eats butter straight?" they said "Yeah, can you believe it?" I said "I love that girl! That's awesome, I love butter!" a mother who was near by said "Me too". It shut them up.
                    It's grandma, but you can call me sir.

Comment

Hell yeah.

Comment

GOOD FOR YOU Sir Grandma!!! Teenagers...
                        Life on Earth may be punishing, but it includes an annual free trip around the sun!

Comment

On a related issue, sometimes I wish for a big bag of baked chicken skin. Crispy!

Comment

Since starting to follow PB this month and "rediscovering" butter, I have to admit that I've (secretly) been tasting small bits whenever I have it out for cooking or with meals. Fabulous! Compared the organic butter with an old bit of regular, and no comparison. The organic butter brings me right back to my teen years when we made our own butter at home from our own cows. Just put the separated cream into a 4 gallon jar and shake the hell out of it for a while, then glorious, heavenly butter!

Gotta love PB!
                            My musings

The old stuff

Comment

Butter your bacon! You wouldn't want your heart to hurt now would you?

Comment

Working...
                              X