What "death" foods are in your 20%?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What "death" foods are in your 20%?

This post is meant for the 80/20 group. Ease up if you're gonna bust in the thread with "that's not primal, that's not acceptable, that's not what Mark says....".

Sure, it'd be ideal if we could all be eating grassfed organic and breathe pure mountain air, but the majority of don't live like that.

I wonder what my own personal 'allowances" will be because I have yet to really stray (keeping fairly on track for 3 weeks). I miss popcorn at the movie theater with nutritional yeast. That's about it right now. Maybe gelato, too. I'm sure my list will evolve as I strive to find a good balance for myself!

So what is on your 20% list?

All my chicken is probably grain fed plus a little wine.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Comment

Sometimes I just need a stuffed crust pizza, damnit.

EDIT: Fruit is a death food?
      Last edited by Timthetaco; 11-12-2012, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Chocolate, cheese and fruit. Probably too many nuts too.
        Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
        5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
        Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
        TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
        bloodorchid is always right

Comment

Beer
          -Chuck

Comment

Desserts, hands down. Tiramisu, fudge brownies, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by impala454 View Post
              Beer
              Yeah, I don't think it's the full 20%, but it's the bulk of it, lol. It's the only thing I'm not ever giving up.
              50yo, 5'3"
              SW-195
              CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
              GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

Comment

chocolate, wine, too much dairy, and the occasional baked good (birthday cup cake most recently)

Comment

Vodka & Wine

Comment

Lattes. Sugar-free vanilla breve lattes.
                    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."-Winston Churchill

"Keep Calm and Carry On"-British Wartime Poster

"Don't Panic"
                    -H2G2

Comment

Wine on a regular basis. Pizza every couple of months. There's gotta be some essential food groups in there somewhere. Haven't had popcorn in about a year and a half, but craving it lately so probably will soon do a batch in my Whirley Pop.
                      Live your life and love your life. It's the only one you get.

Comment

I can't believe all you people, bragging about all those non-Primal foods you are eating!!!!!

Chocolate and/or other sweets, hands down, gets me every time. Halloween was a doozy this year, lol!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarissaLinnea View Post
                          I can't believe all you people, bragging about all those non-Primal foods you are eating!!!!!

Chocolate and/or other sweets, hands down, gets me every time. Halloween was a doozy this year, lol!!!
                          Not bragging, admitting to being human (aka imperfect)

Comment

I eat out at a sushi buffet every once in a while. All that soy!
                            "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

Cheesecake!!! I don't eat it often, only every couple months, but damn I sure enjoy it when I do. I drink wine or scotch almost nightly. I go to restaurants a few times a week, so the crappy quality of foods and oils are in my 20%. I'm not super-strict anymore, I've loosened up quite a bit on how I eat. Funny thing is, when I did that, I started losing weight again. go figure.

Comment

Working...
                              X