What "death" foods are in your 20%?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AmyMac703 View Post

note: I train pretty hard 3-4 days a week, and run or do something lighter on the other days, so I by no means consider sweet potatoes and mashed pumpkin protein pudding (godly, btw) and the like part of my 20%. Same goes for any carb heavy pre-climb food.
    It sounds like we have a similar training schedule - though I do take 1-2 days off a week. What is this "mashed pumpkin protein pudding" of which you speak?

Comment

definitley alcohol, really bad this summer between picnics and Friday night volleyball. Not too mention beers at golf... Hmm really need to return to my once a week I di Jan-April when I started Primal. Also Pizza about once a month (but it is homemade with decent ingredeints)

Comment

I'd say this...

But it always seems to make me feel better.
        Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Comment

Wow, that looks very sweet!
          Health is Wealth!

Comment

grilled cheese sandwiches, in fact, I was recently pretty ill with a lung infection of some kind (either bronchitis or walking pneumonia - will find out from the doctor on Monday) and almost completely lost my appetite for 4 weeks. Grilled cheese was the only thing I really wanted to eat so I had one or a half of one a few days when I was actually hungry and yeah Coca-Cola -maybe it goes back to childhood. Anyway there were other days I barely ate anything at at all. Lost about 5 lbs, but I think it was mostly muscle tone.
            Last edited by Lynna; 11-15-2012, 10:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by simpstr View Post
              Wow, that looks very sweet!
              Nah, I don't find cheesecake sweet. It's definitely a fatty, creamy, savory dessert. Probably why it's my favorite next to ice cream.
              Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Comment

What "death" foods are in your 20%
                Fugu fish.

If that's not enough, I was thinking of catching my own live alligator, which could be kind of dangerous, though.

Comment

Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                  The title of this thread is "Death" foods...

Since when are things like

"dark chocolate over 72% cacao"
                  or
                  "fruit"
                  or
                  "red wine 1-2x per month"
                  or
                  "full fat greek yogurt"

...or such going to KILL a person?
                  +1000000

Seriously, if you're considering fruit, a glass of red wine, some good cheese, or similar to be "death foods" then you really need to chill (in general--health conditions excused of course).

Jeebus, this seems like it's turned into the primal purity thread. "I'm so primal, I consider dark chocolate a death food!" Really? Because my "death" foods are things like creme brulee or dill pickle potato chips or a sweet Kashmiri chai, and even then, they're not "death" foods, they're just non-primal foods I eat from time to time.
                  “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

They do a thing here in the south called Crawfish Cheesecake. It's totally savory (I'm thinking that sweet crawfish would probably taste nasty). I've made it as a custard so as to avoid crust, and it's pretty awesome.
                    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                      They do a thing here in the south called Crawfish Cheesecake. It's totally savory (I'm thinking that sweet crawfish would probably taste nasty). I've made it as a custard so as to avoid crust, and it's pretty awesome.
                      That's the kinda cheesecake I'm talking about!
                      I've had it with crawfish and andouille, a good creamy spicy thing.

I wonder if my in-laws would be mad if I showed up with one of those as a "cheese cake" on T'day.
                      “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                      ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                      And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

Super Choc Fudge Cookie Cream Deluxe
                        Randy Ice Punch Maple Pancake SuperFix
                        Whipped Cream Vanilla Double Choc Peanut Caramel Slice and
                        Potatoes

Enjoy

Comment

Most of my poultry is soy fed and most of my meat is grain fed. I enjoy fruit often, although I keep it seasonal. I have lots of dairy even though I don't tolerate it very well. Every so often I get a spiced chai from a local shop that is quite sweetened, and of course occasional coconut flour baked goods. I enjoy it all, but not as much as I love and crave real food, now.
                          If you have a few minutes- please take a look at my story, in my journal
                          http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread87400.html
                          I do warn you, I am a copious writer.

Comment

Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                            That's the kinda cheesecake I'm talking about!
                            I've had it with crawfish and andouille, a good creamy spicy thing.

I wonder if my in-laws would be mad if I showed up with one of those as a "cheese cake" on T'day.
                            They'd probably bow at your feet and declare you a Saint.

Our crawfish season starts around late Feb, early March, and I'll be chowing down like I always do.
                            "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

They'd probably bow at your feet and declare you a Saint.

Our crawfish season starts around late Feb, early March, and I'll be chowing down like I always do.
                              No...

They would be mad and all openly in a huff I didn't bring them an ultra-SWEET and not touch it.
                              Which would be quite a bonus for me since I won't be eating 90% of what they will be...
                              “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                              ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                              And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

Got a good recipe? That sounds awesome.

Comment

Working...
                                X