No announcement yet.

What "death" foods are in your 20%?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mug cakes are the bomb. Must try pumpkin! Was thinking of making a sweet potato mug cake.

As for me, my "death" foods include regular non-grassfed beef, non-pastured chicken and pork and not-so-dark chocolate now and then.
    Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Good craft beer (limited to no more than 1-2 a week), dark chocolate (2 little squares a few days a week), and I do get non-pastured chicken when the budget forces me to do so. Outside of that, I feel so good eating this way that I am not even tempted.

I've been experimenting with the mug "muffins" and do enjoy them though they aren't really "cheating". Just pureed banana or pumpkin, an egg and nut butter and microwave for 2 minutes. Amazing how good they are! I have this once or twice a week, occasionally I will add a bit of unsweetened cocoa to the banana version. I found this here on the forum, can't remember who posted it but it is so simple but makes a nice treat!

Comment

Heavy cream, aged cheese, and popcorn. Oh do I love popcorn popped in coconut oil with melted butter. I probably have that once to twice a week. Maybe once in a while a good croissant.

Comment

1/2 gallon milk a day is the worst i do I think
          well then

Comment

Maybe I'm doing it wrong, lol. Feels like my 80% is all of y'all's 20%! The only concrete stuff I'm doing is I have had no grains/legumes. Meat s still Costco,I buy "better" cheese, although I do like the raw stuff (the price tag, not so much). Feels like nice I cut out the grains/legumes, I'm overeating on the other stuff....including bars and bars of dark chocolate. I am trying to determine if I feel "better" , but it's only my 3rd week. Just seeing if m performance gets better with CF....

Comment

Desserts. Birthday cakes. Chocolate.

My only issue is that sugar gives me a headache now. I know that's not *really* a bad thing... but when I want to share in the birthday cake and end up feeling like crap - it's a bummer. I didn't want to have to try faux-primal baked goods. Oh well. Perhaps I will give a few a try when I feel the need for a sweet indulgence.

I'm not much of a drinker, but occasionally a margarita is part of my 20%.

And there probably will be a peppermint white mocha in my future.
              ~Jen~

OSW (1/6/12) - 230
              PSW (9/10/12) - 224
              CW (12/5/12) - 208
              GW - 160

Comment

[QUOTE=BearsBeetsBG;1003778]Desserts. Birthday cakes. Chocolate.

My only issue is that sugar gives me a headache now. I know that's not *really* a bad thing... but when I want to share in the birthday cake and end up feeling like crap - it's a bummer. I didn't want to have to try faux-primal baked goods. Oh well. Perhaps I will give a few a try when I feel the need for a sweet indulgence.

I'm not much of a drinker, but occasionally a margarita is part of my 20%.

And there probably will be a peppermint white mocha in my future.[/

When I first started eating clean (not primal), I had to permanently eradicate those horrible birthday cakes from like Walmart out...that fake frosting with the dyes would have me running to the restroom within 30 minutes, lol!

Comment

Yeah - fortunately (or maybe unfortunately?) I'm the family baker - so I make the cakes. I know what's in them, and it's just plain ol' wheat and sugar for the "Scary stuff". No dyes. My last one even had frosting made with grass-fed butter.
                  ~Jen~

OSW (1/6/12) - 230
                  PSW (9/10/12) - 224
                  CW (12/5/12) - 208
                  GW - 160

Comment

Unfortunately for me, the primal baked goods are a little too good and I go right back to overeating. Mug cakes are single serving though, but the calories can get up there. Need to get back in the habit of a fruit only dessert.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
                    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

I'm having the same issue: yeah, I can give up grains/legumes, but damn, I can eat a lot, lol! I work out pretty hard (I think) but I also eat a lot, and hopefully gaining muscle!

Comment

I forgot to add, there's this marinated green olive and pepperoncini blend with garlic and italian spices that is TO DIE FOR. It's Nob Hill brand, and I love it. I can eat a whole jar in one day. But it contains sulfites and I think preservative.

Comment

Goat's/sheep's dairy - that alone counts for more than 20% of my calories. Eating more of that than I did before I went primal. That's not part of my 20%, as I am of Celtic stock with proven genetic adaptation to take advantage of dairy.

Alcohol could be another deviation - again, I'm of Celtic stock.

Oh, and potatoes without their skins - well, obviously, those don't count either.

Just eating what my ancestors ate (plus some Mediterranean and South-East Asian primal-friendly goodies).
                          F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Comment

Dark chocolate - I try to stay over 72% cocoa, and the fewer ingredients the better, but I don't always sweat the soy lecithin. And I don't always practice moderation.

Overeating fruit - I have no fruit-fear, but I do try to limit intake since I'm trying to stay low-carb!

But also, every now and then, I just say screw it and go to Starbucks. Not often! But when I do, it's always a salted caramel mocha or a pumpkin latte.

Bacon of uncertain provenance - the bacon that I can get locally sourced and pasture raised is really expensive, so I buy the best I can get at whole foods and cross my fingers.

Comment

Today it was a tablespoon of conventional mayo.
                              Some days it's a dab of natural peanut butter, or a little icecream, or 90% dark chocolate.
                              Most weekends I eat a meal or two off plan- socially, say a glass of wine and dinner prepared by a friend (non primal).

Comment

doughnuts
                                "Go For Broke"
                                Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
                                Small Kine-168/9%
                                Now- 200/8%
                                Goal- 210/6%

Comment

Working...
                                X