No announcement yet.

What "death" foods are in your 20%?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sure how deadly it is, but I love Snickers. I've had a few, okay, okay more than just a few of the small fun size ones lately.

Comment

Hummus, too much dairy...

A bit of peanut butter lately.

Basically if I am hanging out socially I'll have whatever I want about once a month, so like a burger or something.
      Current weight lost: 82.9lb (37.6kg)

Current PRs:
      Bench: 45kg/99lb
      Squat: 100kg/220lb
      Deadlift: 120kg/265lb

My blog
      My journal

Comment

Wine, scotch

Comment

A weekly junk food meal (usually Pizza and beer) and the odd sweet thing from a bakery.

Sushi, red wine and 70-85% dark chocolate get eaten weekly too.

Comment

Wine, hard liquor, liqueurs (hate beer) and Mike's Harder Lemonade here and there (a couple a month), no schedule for it. But one drink at a time - never all at the same time.

DARK CHOCOLATE weekly. Good quality cheese, especially chevre (weekly).

My food quality is still in transition (for the better), so there is that conventional meat issue, but I feed a big family on a budget and I'm not above feeding them regular meat while I am still sourcing affordable better flesh.

What I would like to do is take a bath in brownies, but I know if I eat just one, that is the cliff for me, so I just can't. Same for Nutella. I stick decently close because I am afraid of my sweet tooth.
            I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

Lots of people are mentioning scotch. That's not all that bad. It's low carb and it doesn't raise sugar levels. There are actually a tonne of benefits to non mixed alcohol. Only bad thing really is that it burns before anything else (carbs ect..)

Comment

Peanut butter chips. White or milk chocolate. Peanut butter. Most things I can resist but those.
                F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Comment

Breve Misto's with 2 pumps of white mocha!!!! I had a steak and cheese on Saturday that I'm still paying for this morning. Funny how your body will tell you when you're eating like crap. I had chinese on Friday night. If I go to happy hour, I"ll more than likely have wings or a slice or two of pizza. If I watch football on Sundays, same thing. During the week, not that bad at all, just weekends. I had a few graham crackers last night but they are all gone now.

I'm weaning off the Misto's and trying to have coffee 3 times a week instead of 6!
                  Health is Wealth!

Comment

I feel like a lot of death foods make me feel like death. Sugar and wheat are both hard for me now to be in my 20%. They are like my 2%.
                    However, I've recently been playing with primal sweets...pumpkin mug cake with coconut whip...

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
                    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

I feel so guilty after eating junk that cheating isn't fun for me... so my 20% is pretty tame. I try to avoid dairy, but occasionally give in to full-fat yogurt or heavy cream, and a glass or two of wine maybe once a week.

Comment

Originally posted by magnolia1973 View Post
                        However, I've recently been playing with primal sweets...pumpkin mug cake with coconut whip...
                        I keep wanting to try those mug cakes.

My frequent "death food" is... popcorn. With ghee and sea salt. I'm trying to limit it to just the weekends, especially since I'm congested in the morning from it But it's sooo good!

Comment

I had 3 of those really little cupcakes and a piece of a tart for a birthday party at work, a few candy corns, bread about two weeks ago and my blood sugar went crazy. It's almost back to normal and I've noticed congestion and no energy at all. I've lost some gains in the gym which I'm sure I will get back if I increase my days at the gym. It seems the older I get the less I can tolerate sweets and carbs. : (
                          Health is Wealth!

Comment

Brownies, brownies and more brownies! But I HAVE TO eat them with lots and lots of butter spread extremely thick on the top. I do the same with chocolate cake. I've eaten it that way since I was a kid .
                            Some people just need a sympathetic pat... On the head... With a hammer.

Comment

I drink clear spirits, but I'm not convinced they're not primal. However, if I drink enough that it impairs my discipline, there's a corner store half a block away that sells single serving brownies or cheesecake, and I might get one of those. I've come up with a solution: don't drink on an empty stomach, and don't drink more than a half hour before the corner store closes. This way if I get the yen for a sweet, the easy place to get it is closed, so I won't buy it.

I find that if it's not in the house, I'm less prone to having a "20."
                              "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Beer. Beer. Beer. Beer.
                                this great blue world of ours seems a house of leaves, moments before the wind

Comment

Working...
                                X