Trader Joe's grass fed beef

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trader Joe's grass fed beef

Is there some catch to their "100% grass fed beef?" It's about $5/Lbs, which is a lot cheaper than the $9/Lbs I'm used to seeing at Whole Paycheck. It tastes really good though!

I saw this too a few days ago. about 5 bucks a pound...snagged 2 myself. I hope it stays around.

Comment

Same question. TJ's is my primary source of beef right now. Would be good to know if there are any caveats.

Comment

I wasnt aware TJ had grassfed, they only have 'vegetarian fed'. Did they get new meat in?
        Natural Selection: http://ichoosenaturalselection.wordpress.com

Comment

Maybe you could email them, asking where the beef is from, is it grass "finished," etc. I did that with my local WF and they answered me right away.

Comment

The last time I was there, I asked one of the managers if they carried it and he said that they didn't and suggested that I try a local grocery store... apparently there just wasn't enough demand. What a shame!

Comment

I was just at mine today... no grass fed... We're looking into going straight to the farm...

Comment

@All
                Thanks everyone. It's the Trader Joe's brand, comes in a square vacuum sealed "bag" and it says "100% Organic, 100% Grass Fed Beef." I'll have to read the back again, but it said something like "Product of Australia."

Interesting, I saw a lot of posts about grass fed beef at Costco, but they don't have any at ours.

@Suzan

I'll email them and let everyone know.

Comment

It's $5.50/lb at my local TJ's. It's Australian grass-fed beef (they have New Zealand grass-fed cheese too for like $6/lb). I buy it from time to time, to supplement the $7-8/lb grass-fed local stuff, but I'm trying to transition to more of the local because it's fresher, supports the local economy, and I have a better sense of how the animals were raised.

Comment

I checked costco too and they don't carry it in my area. interested in the response you get from TJ's.

Comment

the TJ's organic grassfed ground beef is wonderful--I've been using it since they started carrying it, and I think it tastes great and is priced reasonably-

Comment

It's $5.99/lb at my local TJ's in San Jose, CA. It's Australian grass-fed beef, 85/15.

Comment

Just following up. TJ's customer relations replied and said the 100% grass fed beef is just that - 100% grass fed. All the other beef they sell is grass-fed and grain finished.

Comment

Go New Zealand and Australian cows!

A very proud Kiwi here! Will buy this meat when I hit LA and NYC in a week's time!

Tim

Comment

Glad to hear about the TJ's Aussie beef. I don't believe there are any feed lots in OZ. A few years ago they had frozen Aussie steaks - they were very good.

Comment

Working...
                              X