Can We Have Some Moderators?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can We Have Some Moderators?

The spam on here is getting beyond a joke.

If Mark and the crew are too busy can we have some moderators on here to delete that stuff?

AC

Couldn't agree more!!! It is getting to be a drag to use the site because of these creeps.
    Starting Weight: 197.5
    Current Weight: 123
    Far healthier!

Comment

Oh yes please! The spam is going to drive genuine people away

Comment

There is more spam than there are legitimate posts. It makes it very hard to use the site.
        Far healthier!

Comment

Great idea. Anyway of contacting Mark/staff directly?

Never mind, I found it and sent Mark a private message with a link to this post. I'm sure he's too busy to read them all.

Maybe more people sending him a private message about the problem might help.
          Last edited by ez2cy; 11-12-2012, 06:05 AM.
          55 yr old male

07/01/2013

Weight; 199
          Chest; 41.5
          Waist; 42
          Hips; 40
          Thigh; 22.5
          Calf; 15
          Bicep: 13
          Forearm; 11.5
          Neck; 17

07/20/2013

Weight; 200
          Chest; 42
          Waist; 42.5
          Hips; 39
          Thigh; 23
          Calf; 15
          Bicep: 13
          Forearm; 11.5
          Neck; 16

Comment

There can be spikes during the weekends, but once the WorkerBees get to the office(PCT) they'll clear out the worst of it. That said, I am getting very curious about ccv opportunities!

Comment

I have sent a message too ... what we need is a method of marking spam posts as such for the kind Worker Bees to check and eject?

Comment

Well there is a 'report post' thing (the little black triangle at the lower left of a post) but it doesn't seem to have any effect. Then again, as Sabine says, it's the weekend.

Often forums like this will have a regular and experienced/trusted member given the power to remove posts and even banish members. I'm surprised a forum as busy as this doesn't have some?

AC

Comment

Often forums like this will have a regular and experienced/trusted member given the power to remove posts and even banish members. I'm surprised a forum as busy as this doesn't have some?

Comment

It happens every weekend. I think Mark and his workers actually like it because it sorta makes their site seem busier.
                    Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Necky, why are you impersonating a spambot?

Comment

If that is true, they are likely very wrong. I expect many people just LEAVE rather than wade through all this spam. It isn't good for the site. Since other sites don't subject users to this, I wonder why it is so tolerated here?
                        Far healthier!

Comment

The offer's been made repeatedly. MDA has to understand that this impacts the trust on the commercial side as well. Especially given the breach on that side in the not so distant past. Hell, even Craigslist doesn't get bombed like this even if your ads garner spam responses.
                          Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

Comment

Agreed - there has to be a way to shore up the defenses so the volume at least decreases, if not disappears entirely. I'm surprised that a website with such a strong community of devoted regulars isn't regulated better. It's not like the forum is infrequently used - knowing that moderators exist (and even who those mods are) and even better are a daily presence in the threads, would be the minimum of support you would expect.

Comment

Working...
                            X