Coffee Creamer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Non-organic skim milk? Ewww. RBGH.

Plus "natural flavor" is code for a million questionable things, like MSG..

http://www.kisswebpage.com/msg/

Comment

To the extent possible, heavy cream, but be advised that means 35% milk fat, and you can easily add a few hundred calories to your daily intake doing that. This may not be an issue for you, just be advised.

There is a recipe floating about on the threads here about coconut oil / milk "creamer" which is fairly decent, if you cannot tolerate the cream, although, again, be mindful of the caloric load.

-PK
      My blog : cogitoergoedo.com

Interested in Intermittent Fasting? This might help: part 1, part 2, part 3.

Comment

Don't get me wrong--I certainly didn't buy it, though I would venture that it's certainly a step above regular Coffee-Mate. I was surprised that the ingredients were so simple, considering what's in regular Coffee-Mate. INGREDIENTS: WATER, CORN SYRUP SOLIDS, PARTIALLY HYDROGENATED SOYBEAN AND/OR COTTONSEED OIL, AND LESS THAN 2% OF SODIUM CASEINATE (A MILK DERIVATIVE)**, DIPOTASSIUM PHOSPHATE, MONO- AND DIGLYCERIDES, SODIUM ALUMINOSILICATE, ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, CARRAGEENAN.

Originally posted by 2ndChance View Post
        Non-organic skim milk? Ewww. RBGH.

Plus "natural flavor" is code for a million questionable things, like MSG..

The Toxicity of MSG, Monosodium-Glutamate or Natural Flavors!

Comment

I am surprised, but hubby and I have totally changed over to having coconut cream in our coffee now. At first it seemed weird but that is our preference now I buy the Thai Kitchen brand, it separates into liquid and thick cream, I throw away half of the liquid and blend the rest. Makes a lovely mixtures for coffee and putting on fruit etc.
          Started Primal June 2012 at 148.5lbs, and 5' 1", reached goal weight in 5 months.
          Lowest weight 93lbs - too thin. Now stable at around 100lbs much better weight for me at my age.
          Primal, minus eggs, dairy and a myriad of other allergens.

Comment

That is what I was thinking about the caloric intake so I've decided to cut it and just just a wee bit of the coconut milk or just not have coffee. It's not going to kill me to skip a day here and there.

Originally posted by pklopp View Post
            To the extent possible, heavy cream, but be advised that means 35% milk fat, and you can easily add a few hundred calories to your daily intake doing that. This may not be an issue for you, just be advised.

There is a recipe floating about on the threads here about coconut oil / milk "creamer" which is fairly decent, if you cannot tolerate the cream, although, again, be mindful of the caloric load.

-PK
            Health is Wealth!

Comment

Working...
            X