EAT MOAR EGGS! Heh?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EAT MOAR EGGS! Heh?

OK, here comes my own special fad diet; Gorbags Egg diet(TM)!!! Basically it goes like this; One egg and one extra egg white for every 10 pound of bodyweight per day. My bodyweight is 210 lb., so in my case I can eat 21 whole eggs and 21 extra egg whites per day. I am allowed to eat less eggs but not more. This I will eat for four days per week, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. On Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday I will eat half of this, = 11 whole eggs and 11 egg whites AND 3 pound of potatoes. The potatoes are for these three weekdays only. On this diet you can have as much dietCoke, tea, coffee as you like and also one cube of chicken/beef broth per day or a little plain gelatin powder. Also use sparingly: salsas, splenda, soy sauce, tabasco, salt, spices/herbs, etc. A splash of milk in your coffee is also allowed. That’s practically everything to it!

So what do you guys think – is this a sustainable way to lose some pound of weight? The diet combines eggs with potatoes on three of the weekdays to get some carbs to fuel exercises and fill up the glycogen a little.

Anyway, I am starting out on Monday and I am going to try this for four weeks only. I am 50 years old and hope to lose 8-10 lb. of body fat by doing this. At the moment today my body weight is 210.2 lb. and I am 187 cm tall. I am doing resistance training and some running most of the week days.

Here is a photo taken of my waistline from yesterday. After finishing the diet I will post another to see if there is some improvement to notice:

DSC01853.jpg
    "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

You should try it with 50 eggs! No man can eat 50 eggs, though.

Comment

I am worried about what is happening to all those tasty egg yokes you are throwing away!?!?
      Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
      PS
      Don't forget to play!

Comment

Dosn't a fairy die every time someone waste an egg yolk?
        You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Comment

Egg whites?

Just eat the whole egg and stop this wasteful nonsense.
          "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

I get dibs on the all-liver diet! I'm going to try eating liver only when I'm hungry, and that should supply me with enough micronutrients until the next time I eat. Plus, there are carbs, protein, and fat, so it's a complete food!
            My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

I double-dare you! Or are you...............CHICKEN!

Comment

Originally posted by sakura_girl View Post
                I get dibs on the all-liver diet! I'm going to try eating liver only when I'm hungry, and that should supply me with enough micronutrients until the next time I eat. Plus, there are carbs, protein, and fat, so it's a complete food!
                Liver. I am glad you posted. That is what I will have for dinner, I was needing more protein. I have been trying to eat liver once a week, but havent yet this week. Thanks!
                65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Comment

Originally posted by gopintos View Post
                  Liver. I am glad you posted. That is what I will have for dinner, I was needing more protein. I have been trying to eat liver once a week, but havent yet this week. Thanks!
                  You're welcome!
                  My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

Originally posted by otzi View Post
                    You should try it with 50 eggs! No man can eat 50 eggs, though.

Hehe, on my egg diet you must be a 500 pound superheavyweight guy to be allowed to eat that much! But you don't have to do it in one sitting; you can spread it out on at least 5 meals per day!

Seriously though: Breakdown of calories on Gorbags egg diet™: Monday/Tuesday/Thursday and Friday is as following: 21 eggs for a 210 pound and physically active person(Myself!):
                    Calories from 21 eggs: 1616 kcal
                    Calories from 21 egg whites: 336 kcal
                    Calories from 1 cube of broth: 40 kcal
                    Calories from 14 gram of gelatin powder: 56 kcal
                    Calories from 10 gram of cod liver oil: 90 kcal
                    Calories from splash of milk/lime-juice/spices/Splenda etc.: around 100 kcal
                    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    = Total: 2’238 Calories per day

My energy expenditure is estimated to be on an average of 3'300 kcal per day – I am pretty active - so I will be in an energy deficit of around 1062 kcal on Monday/Tuesday/Thursday and Friday. (3’300 kcal – 2’238 = 1’062 kcal)

Breakdown on calories on Gorbags egg diet™ on Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday is as following:
                    Calories from 11 eggs: 847 kcal
                    Calories from 11 egg whites: 176 kcal
                    Calories from 3 lb. of potatoes: 1170 kcal
                    Calories from 1 cube of broth: 40 kcal.
                    Calories from 14 gram of gelatin powder: 56 kcal
                    Calories from 10 gram of cod liver oil: 90 kcal
                    Calories from splash of milk/limejuice/spices/Splenda etc: 100 kcal
                    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    = Total 2’479 Calories per day.

I will be in an energy deficit around 821 kcal on Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday. (3’300 – 2’479 kcal = 821 kcal)

Summa total: this gives 16’389 calories per week and an average of 2’341 calories per day. The average deficit will then be 3’300 – 2’341 = 959 kcal per day! Theoretically that gives a loss of 6’713 kcal per week, which is close to a loss of 2 lb. of bodyfat! So in this setup I have estimated a fat-loss around 2 lb per week, that's my plan from monday and four weeks ahead, to lose at least 8 pound maybe 10 of bodyfat!
                    Last edited by Gorbag; 11-10-2012, 03:35 PM.
                    "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Originally posted by Dirlot View Post
                      I am worried about what is happening to all those tasty egg yokes you are throwing away!?!?
                      Don't worry about that Dirlot! And that goes to everybody else that worries about the same: Unfortunately I cannot buy egg whites in carton here where I live, but the maid that work in my kitchen to separate the eggs, will use the egg yolks to make some very delicious mayonnaise. I give this mayonnaise to my family and friends so they can put it on their French fries and continue to live the kind of life they want to live!

- Schopenhauer

Comment

That is just too many eggs for me. Plus not enough other stuff mixed in. But give it a go and let us know how long you can do it.

Also, I agree that it's a shame to throw out the egg yolks, even if you are giving them to someone else. That's the best part of the egg.
                        Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
                          That is just too many eggs for me. Plus not enough other stuff mixed in.
                          This egg diet will be for maximum 4 weeks, and is not meant to be a long term solution. If you should dare try the diet some day, it would be 13 eggs and 13 egg whites for you, since you are at 133 lb bodyweight according to your information. I am cycling the eggs with potatoes, and that gives fibers and carbs on three of the week days, and will make sure that I am not entering deep ketosis.

Also, I agree that it's a shame to throw out the egg yolks, even if you are giving them to someone else.
                          It's a local problem that I have, since I cannot buy egg whites only here. This is not a problem for people living in the USA or in most places in Europe I guess?

- Schopenhauer

Comment

I think I would rather just eat 13 eggs period, or even shoot for 26 whole eggs than bother with egg whites.
                            Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

I think I would rather just eat 13 eggs period, or even shoot for 26 whole eggs than bother with egg whites.
                              By doing that you will be spinning your wheels by going too high on energy intake, and unfortunately lose the benefits of the calorie deficit from the diet...

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Working...
                              X