Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EAT MOAR EGGS! Heh?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by Drumroll View Post
    Just by virtue of the fact that it will reverse insulin imbalances and other issues, people starting out and keeping strictly to the plan WILL lose weight.
    Yes, by going from a crappy diet high on prosessed junk that makes you crave more and more all the time to a healthy way of eating with far less prosessed junk, will inherently make you eat less. Thats how it works, you create a calorie deficit that works untill it is not a deficit any more and thereafter you stall! And then we have another issue:

    Originally posted by Drumroll View Post
    On the other hand, if they are healthy already, from sustained primal eating, then they may have to put in a little extra effort.
    And that "little extra effort" is restricting your food - even primal food must then be restricted by eating less than before - then you will lose weight for some time untill you again stall, and new modifications must be made i.e. restricting the food intake even more. Thats how it works Drumroll...
    "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

    - Schopenhauer

    Comment


    • #47
      OH, MY GAAWD! I am down from 212.3 lb. Monday morning to 208.4 lb. today Wednesday! Almost 4 pound of weight loss and in only 48 hours!!!

      Hmmm, seriously though, I expected a lot more weight loss due to morning cardio for three days and two days of lifting! On similar diets before I have lost as much as 10 pound in the same timeframe, so what happened this time?

      Probably I still have some glycogen left in my muscles and that I got super-compensated in the weekend due to excess carb eating (after depletion workout on Saturday!) to “celebrate” that I was going to start my new egg diet. Also, the scrambled eggs yesterday were very high on salt and doesn’t egg white also have a relative large amount of sodium? Remember that I eat 42 egg whites per day (21 whole eggs + 21 extra whites = 42 whites) I have also been drinking 2 liter of plain soda-water that contain lots of sodium and taken some of the sea salt that I keep on my desk, so that’s probably the reason why I haven’t lost more: water-retention primarily from sodium and weekend carbs!

      I have kept my eating plan so far and today I had planned to do “only” 11 whole eggs + 11 extra egg whites & 3 lb. of potatoes. I have changed that for this first week only, I will continue to eat the same as Monday and Tuesday until Saturday when I do my carbup as stipulated. So, no carbup today, let’s see if I will be punished and “meet the wall” in the gym or morning cardio then? Sure I must be punished for this in one of the coming days!

      Anyway, Eggs are great food, tasty and good for fat loss so EAT MOAR EGGS I say, or whatever…
      "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

      - Schopenhauer

      Comment


      • #48
        Sounds like you are doing great.
        65lbs gone and counting!!

        Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

        Comment


        • #49
          Must be nice to have cooks and assistants to help you with your meals. If I had access to that I would get them to make me yummy, healthy meals!

          Comment


          • #50
            I'd just like to pop a little note in here...

            I once read a hack thread where a bunch of ladies were eating only eggs to break a stall or whatever... quick weight loss and all that jazz... and it worked, BUT...

            Or rather BUTT...
            No one stuck to it for very long because there was a very specific side effect for many of them. Diarrhea. Screaming yellow, if you don't get to a bathroom NOW your just might crap your pants diarrhea.
            Just something to watch for.
            Maybe don't trust a fart while you are in public for the next few days... especially while at the gym lifting.

            I have never eaten a very egg heavy diet since going Primal/Paleo because of reading that thread. LOL
            “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
            ~Friedrich Nietzsche
            And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
              I'd just like to pop a little note in here...

              I once read a hack thread where a bunch of ladies were eating only eggs to break a stall or whatever... quick weight loss and all that jazz... and it worked, BUT...

              Or rather BUTT...
              No one stuck to it for very long because there was a very specific side effect for many of them. Diarrhea. Screaming yellow, if you don't get to a bathroom NOW your just might crap your pants diarrhea.
              Just something to watch for.
              Maybe don't trust a fart while you are in public for the next few days... especially while at the gym lifting.

              I have never eaten a very egg heavy diet since going Primal/Paleo because of reading that thread. LOL
              Upside is you get your sprints in.

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
                Upside is you get your sprints in.
                <giggles>
                65lbs gone and counting!!

                Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

                Comment


                • #53
                  This and all the other "EAT MOAR (insert food item here)" diets springing up all over the forum totally confuse me. I can understand that people are looking for quick weight loss yesterday, but why are you so quick to deviate away from the paleo lifestyle?

                  So many studies show the yoyo effect of fad diets, the fact that they have low compliance rates and promote binging, and do not promote healthy lifestyle habits for the future. Isn't it better to practice the paleo lifestyle, eating a broad variety of healthy foods, managing sleep, getting some exercise and play and letting your body naturally adjust to where it wants to be?

                  Sure, you can create a calorie deficit from eating only potatoes, or only eggs, or whatever, but at what expense? How much of that is muscle loss, or bone density? How much work are you going to have to put in post diet to get yourself back at a truly healthy base-line? Creating a calorie deficit to make yourself miserable for 2-3 weeks doesn't do anything to correct the habits that got the weight on in the first place.

                  If a calorie deficit is so important to you, then why not just follow paleo? By nature, if you are eating the right foods, it is highly satiating and creates a calorie deficit, without the monotony of eating only one food or reducing your vitamin and mineral intake. Plus it tastes a hell of a lot better.

                  The other thing that stumps me is why you went out and binged before you started the diet? that's contradictory to what you set out to achieve and at that point, you hadn't done anything to warrant the celebration or "reward" factor. I'd focus more on controlling access and cravings to these types of foods first.

                  I just don't understand why people come to this forum and suggest a diet strategy that flies in the face of the very forum they are writing it on.

                  Don't mean to offend anyone, but it seems like you are taking an unhealthy approach towards your goals, and with such amazing (free) information at your fingertips on this website.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by tom05 View Post
                    This and all the other "EAT MOAR (insert food item here)" diets springing up all over the forum totally confuse me. I can understand that people are looking for quick weight loss yesterday, but why are you so quick to deviate away from the paleo lifestyle?

                    So many studies show the yoyo effect of fad diets, the fact that they have low compliance rates and promote binging, and do not promote healthy lifestyle habits for the future. Isn't it better to practice the paleo lifestyle, eating a broad variety of healthy foods, managing sleep, getting some exercise and play and letting your body naturally adjust to where it wants to be?

                    Sure, you can create a calorie deficit from eating only potatoes, or only eggs, or whatever, but at what expense? How much of that is muscle loss, or bone density? How much work are you going to have to put in post diet to get yourself back at a truly healthy base-line? Creating a calorie deficit to make yourself miserable for 2-3 weeks doesn't do anything to correct the habits that got the weight on in the first place.

                    If a calorie deficit is so important to you, then why not just follow paleo? By nature, if you are eating the right foods, it is highly satiating and creates a calorie deficit, without the monotony of eating only one food or reducing your vitamin and mineral intake. Plus it tastes a hell of a lot better.

                    The other thing that stumps me is why you went out and binged before you started the diet? that's contradictory to what you set out to achieve and at that point, you hadn't done anything to warrant the celebration or "reward" factor. I'd focus more on controlling access and cravings to these types of foods first.

                    I just don't understand why people come to this forum and suggest a diet strategy that flies in the face of the very forum they are writing it on.

                    Don't mean to offend anyone, but it seems like you are taking an unhealthy approach towards your goals, and with such amazing (free) information at your fingertips on this website.
                    I'm with you 100%...
                    I asked this same question way back when the first potato thread was in it's gestational stage (i.e. before it was fully formed as it's own separate thread(s)...)

                    But then again I don't believe in *one magical number on the scale to make my life perfect* and I do believe that *slow and steady wins the race* even though this whole thing, the Primal/Paleo thing that is, *is a journey not a destination*.
                    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                      maybe don't trust a fart while you are in public for the next few days...
                      rofl

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                        I'd just like to pop a little note in here...

                        I once read a hack thread where a bunch of ladies were eating only eggs to break a stall or whatever... quick weight loss and all that jazz... and it worked, BUT...

                        Or rather BUTT...
                        No one stuck to it for very long because there was a very specific side effect for many of them. Diarrhea. Screaming yellow, if you don't get to a bathroom NOW your just might crap your pants diarrhea.
                        Just something to watch for.
                        Maybe don't trust a fart while you are in public for the next few days... especially while at the gym lifting.

                        I have never eaten a very egg heavy diet since going Primal/Paleo because of reading that thread. LOL
                        No farting or smelly gasses here, but when I went to the bathroom Tuesday the feces left me as a soup so to say, but nothing on the other days! When I take my shake consisting of raw Egg & Coke-Zero I notice some strange “rumbling” in my stomach for a minute, but nothing more happens. So, I am doing just fine in eating the eggs so far…
                        "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

                        - Schopenhauer

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by camel View Post
                          Must be nice to have cooks and assistants to help you with your meals. If I had access to that I would get them to make me yummy, healthy meals!
                          That's one of the good things by living in South America camel, some of us are still more dependent on other persons than machines. The bad thing is that I can't buy egg whites directly in carton here, so I need a person to separate the eggs...
                          "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

                          - Schopenhauer

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Just so there's no misunderstanding, the eat MOAR meat thread was not a single-food crash diet thread but a celebration of eating good, healthy meat in satisfying portion sizes.
                            Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by tom05 View Post
                              This and all the other "EAT MOAR (insert food item here)" diets springing up all over the forum totally confuse me. I can understand that people are looking for quick weight loss yesterday, but why are you so quick to deviate away from the paleo lifestyle?
                              Deviate away from the paleo lifestyle, heh? Eggs high in fat and high in Proteins seem pretty paleo to me, and I am not dieting on bread or pasta after all! Look at it as a paleo experiment; Maybe Grok after killing and eating chickens learned to keep the hens alive and eat the eggs only for a while? Grok - the egg eater so to say! Not impossible that some paleo man has done something similar before me?

                              Originally posted by tom05 View Post
                              Sure, you can create a calorie deficit from eating only potatoes, or only eggs, or whatever, but at what expense? How much of that is muscle loss, or bone density? How much work are you going to have to put in post diet to get yourself back at a truly healthy base-line? Creating a calorie deficit to make yourself miserable for 2-3 weeks doesn't do anything to correct the habits that got the weight on in the first place.
                              Calorie deficit is what works in all types of diets tom05, at least those diets that try to lose body fat! And my diet is not Egg only either, the diet is cycling with potatoes on tree of the weekdays to get some carbs to fuel my activities. Eggs are high on fat and protein, so I doubt that there will be much muscle loss by doing this.

                              Originally posted by tom05 View Post
                              The other thing that stumps me is why you went out and binged before you started the diet? that's contradictory to what you set out to achieve and at that point, you hadn't done anything to warrant the celebration or "reward" factor. I'd focus more on controlling access and cravings to these types of foods first.
                              Heard about glycogen loading tom05? After eating low carbs you cycle with high carbohydrate and low fat meals to saturate glycogen in your body – this will not be stored as body fat! I ate a lot of carbs for the weekend, yes, even white bread and spaghetti, which I have not tasted for months. Did I binge on them? No, and I ate them without any guilt whatsoever, but I noticed the bad effect wheat derivates have on my body the day after, so it also confirmed my faith and adherence to the paleo lifestyle by doing that…

                              Originally posted by tom05 View Post
                              Don't mean to offend anyone, but it seems like you are taking an unhealthy approach towards your goals, and with such amazing (free) information at your fingertips on this website.
                              Nothing is unhealthy by what I am doing, and I find it a bit odd that orthodox Paleo puritans think that eating eggs combined with potatoes should be somehow “Non-Paleo”? The “Raison d'être” behind this egg diet is to attack stubborn body fat for four weeks only, trying to keep as much lean body mass as possible. It’s a diet to aggressively attemting to lose fat, and then go back to a more normal paelo way of eating after finishing the experiment…
                              Last edited by Gorbag; 11-15-2012, 09:16 AM.
                              "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

                              - Schopenhauer

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Do you actually have 8-10 lbs of body fat to lose? From your pic you look like you are already pretty low BF.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X