21 Day Transformation and alcohol

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 21 Day Transformation and alcohol

Will drinking alcohol (4 to 5 drinks) totally derail the 21 day body transformation? Is one type of drink better than another?

I'm a complete newbie....but that looks like bad juju.

Generally, folks here seem to stick with the occasional glass of red wine. The rest of the stuff is sugary.

Maybe a glass of wine a day, max.
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."-Winston Churchill

"Keep Calm and Carry On"-British Wartime Poster

"Don't Panic"
    -H2G2

Comment

4 to 5 drinks a day, a week or over the full 21 days? If you are talking about 5 drinks a day then it is going to cause problems. 5 a week shouldn't be that big a deal if you are pretty active. Stick to red wine, tequila or vodka. I gave up alcohol for November and I have already lost a lot of weight.
      Fitness Wayne | Paleo Health, Exercise and Weight Loss Blog
      Fitness Wayne Facebook Page

Comment

Sometimes moderate alcohol consume also seem to speed up weightloss for some reason. When drinking a few drinks of Coke Zero, limejuice and Rum, I lose far more (water)weight overnight due to the diuretic effect of those substances, than withouth any alcohol at all...
        "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

During my weight loss phase I drank a couple glasses of wine every day. Recently I stopped drinking wine every day and I feel healthier and happier than ever.
          Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelWolf View Post
            Will drinking alcohol (4 to 5 drinks) totally derail the 21 day body transformation? Is one type of drink better than another?
            4 to 5 drinks total = no problem
            4 to 5 drinks a day = a different problem

Comment

Thank you all. Let me clarify. What I meant was a one time thing. 4 to 5 drinks for only one evening. I really want to reset my body to become more insulin sensitive and I'm wondering if having 4 to 5 in one evening perhaps once during the 21 days will totally derail.

Comment

I have a couple of vodka's most evenings and beer on the weekend and I continue to lose weight steadily. Mind you my carbs are about 5% of my daily intake. I average about 900gms weight loss per week.

Comment

Last edited by tomatokitten; 11-14-2012, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X