No announcement yet.

Primal Potato Diet (PPD)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I am not ppd'ing, but I came on here to chime in to say that after no potatoes at all for the last year and a half, I had forgotten how satiating they are! Just roasted some with Bacon fat, salt, pepper and thyme. Went great with my ground beef/veggie mix.

Comment

• Originally posted by otzi View Post
      GREAT to hear from you! I had visions of a corpse in a potato strewn room with FBI agents swarming over your hard drive and looking for...me!

Sorry to hear about your experience, let us know how things proceed.
      I'm relieved too! Thanks for the update, Croak. What an awful experience.
      2005 Low Carb - lost @ 80 pounds slowly, avg 15 pounds per year
      2010 Paleo Diet
      2013 Stephan Guyenet Low Food Reward/Seth Roberts Shangri-La with MCT Oil

Last 40 pounds lost with protein-sparing modified fasts, potato hack, and low food reward/Shangri-La Diet with MCT oil.

Now down 120+ pounds lost

Comment

• Wasn't that bad.

Aches much like early stages of a flu that came midway through the process, one sleepless night, and a bit more time in the loo than I'm used to were the worst of it. The creeping scale was disheartening but I knew it was transient, and I knew *I* am in much more control over that number than I thought was possible in the past, meaning I knew I could correct it.

Was actually interesting riding the carb BG spike and inevitable crashes and hunger again after so long away from it. Kinda like me taking a puff on a cigarette after quitting years ago, just to re-confirm just how nasty it really is.

Also noteworthy is that after a HFLC breakfast today, I didn't crash, the "fat adaptation" didn't up and leave me after I cheated on it for a week, and I've made it through the entire day on that meal with no effort (whereas my final fast yesterday was a serious test of willpower, because I was hungry).

The actual eating potatoes part was pleasant enough as a change of pace, and I could easily consume a few Yukons right now if need be.
        Last edited by Croak; 04-08-2013, 10:37 PM.

Comment

• Hi there, I tried this for 5 days and just when I thought I couldn't stand the thought of another potato....I suddenly lost my hunger and the fat dropped....so it worked, thanks!
          I do have a question. I am looking to incorporate IF into a typical paleo type regimen....something along the lines of the 5/2 IF regimen (5 days calories at maintenance levels, 2 days/week - very low calorie, around 500 cal per day).
          Any thoughts on two days per week of IF on 500+/- calories of the PPD?

Thanks, LL

Comment

• Oh, no! Not the Potato Diet thread!

You should check out these folks: Potato Hack Thread #2 - Low Carb Friends They are doing a thing called JUDDD, which is actually a diet called 'Johnson's Up Day Down Day'. they eat regularly for 5 days and then super-low calories for two days. These folks at LC Friends have turned their Down Days into two days of potatoes and are lovin' it.

There is a really long DD Potato Hack thread but they closed it because it was too long--ha.
            Last edited by otzi; 10-18-2013, 01:00 PM.

Comment

• Hi Otzi, thank you so much for that link...very informative for me... but you know how it goes sometimes when you head down a rabbit hole...that led me to pick up the 5:2 Intermittent fasting diet book (forget the author's name, British doctor).

He recommends 500 calories on fast days, but from low GI/GL foods - and steers readers away from potatoes of any form on fast days. This seems counter to the studies showing potatoes as the most satieting food.... Your thoughts? I am eager to hear them. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by LatinLover1 View Post
                Hi Otzi, thank you so much for that link...very informative for me... but you know how it goes sometimes when you head down a rabbit hole...that led me to pick up the 5:2 Intermittent fasting diet book (forget the author's name, British doctor).

He recommends 500 calories on fast days, but from low GI/GL foods - and steers readers away from potatoes of any form on fast days. This seems counter to the studies showing potatoes as the most satieting food.... Your thoughts? I am eager to hear them. Thanks.
                http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1345504 started a new thread!

Comment

• So has this eating plan been fully documented on here and I missed it?
                  I'm quite keen on trying this woe, good to experiment once in a while, if anyone could put it in a simple format in metric I would be so greatful

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• Originally posted by voyaging View Post
                    So has this eating plan been fully documented on here and I missed it?
                    I'm quite keen on trying this woe, good to experiment once in a while, if anyone could put it in a simple format in metric I would be so greatful

Originally posted by otzi View Post
                    Explained here pretty well...

Comment

• Awesome thanks am starting on thursday and will update if anyone else is interested

Comment

• Come on over to the Potato Diet Fall 2013 thread - there's a bunch of us doing it together.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread96746.html

Comment

Working...
                        X