Beef Jerky

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Primal123 View Post
    There is a company that makes a soy jerky that calls their products Primal Strips, Primal Spirit, and Primal Jerky. So you may want to shy away from anything close to their name.

That sounds horrible....

What does soy jerky have to do with primal anything?
    Male, 32y, 6'0" tall
    SW 306lbs (6/1/12)
    CW 244lbs (1/17/13)

BP down from 120/80 to 110/74

Comment

Where can I buy some?

Comment

"That sounds horrible....

What does soy jerky have to do with primal anything?"

Well, before I became primal and was eating low fat I ate it from time to time, and fed it to my daughter. The shame.
        Last edited by Primal123; 11-08-2012, 04:31 PM.

Comment

We have had a few people suggest soy jerky...we are leaving that market to others.

Again, thanks for the feedback. I feel more comfortable with proceeding on the conventional beef path without the soy sauce, sugar, nitrates, etc. I think we can produce a quality product for a reasonable price that will appeal to most of the paleo/primal crowd. Coming soon!

Comment

We are currently sold on-line at 2jerkys.com and in stores in the Boston area. The closest store to Lawrence is Ryers Country Store in North Reading. Simply Primal (or whatever the name becomes) should be out within a couple months.

Comment

Make both. Grass Fed and non Grass Fed. Create and be your own competition, marketing..... Some will go after the higher end "healthy" version, others will go bargain...
              I Kettlebell therefore I am.

My Journal
              My Journal

Comment

Make both. Grass Fed and non Grass Fed. Create and be your own competition, marketing..... Some will go after the higher end "healthy" version, others will go bargain...
                I Kettlebell therefore I am.

My Journal
                My Journal

Comment

"JERKSTRAP" Go for the sport market. It's such a ridiculous yet catchy one-word name that it wd. stick in people's minds and high-school jocks wd. buy into this just to be cool. (wink)

Whose jerky are you going to pick up off the shelf first when JERKSTRAP is sitting there?
                  Last edited by Terry H; 11-11-2012, 07:00 AM.

Comment

Hi All,

We just received USDA approval on our label. The jerky will be made using sliced, lean top round steak (conventional beef) using the following ingredients:

INGREDIENTS: BEEF, WATER, HOT SAUCE
                    (AGED CAYENNE RED PEPPERS, VINEGAR,
                    WATER, SALT AND GARLIC POWDER), SALT,
                    GARLIC, ONION, PEPPER, RED PEPPER

Also, smoked using real hickory smoke. We antipate offering 1.75 ounce packages (vacuum sealed) for $3.00 from our website.

We decided that a market exists for a more economical (non-grass fed) jerky option without the presevatives, soy, sugar, etc.

Stay tuned if interested....

Comment

That's interesting. The crap that's sold in the supermarket is nothing short of scary.

Comment

Can't wait! And your local!

Comment

It's Finally Available!!!

Originally posted by WeldingHank View Post
                          Can't wait! And your local!
                          Very excited! Thanks everyone for your feedback.

check it out at APPALACHIAN JERKY COMPANY

Comment

For me Primal Jerky = Biltong. In that I in my local supermarket Jerky and Biltong are both available, but Biltong is way more primal and way more delicious
                            Biltong - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

Congratulations and best of luck in this venture! I've never had jerky and have been turned off by the list of ingredients on most packages. Yours looks like a cut above. I'm looking forward to trying some soon.

Comment

Call it Paleo Jerky, or, Original Nutrition
                                "It's true, you are a good woman. Then again, you may be the antichrist."

Comment

Working...
                                X