Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cellulite celebration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • cellulite celebration

    I always thought that cellulite was something all women eventually had to come to terms with. I just squeezed my butt cheeks together in front of the mirror, and didn't see a single dimple. There used to be PLENTY. Primal living does amazing things!

  • #2
    That's awesome!!! I pray I get to that point.

    Comment


    • #3
      Some of my dimples have left the area, some remain...

      Comment


      • #4
        It hasn't cured mine but it's gotten better as I lost weight, started an exercise program and I do dry skin brushing.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Miss Understood View Post
          It hasn't cured mine but it's gotten better as I lost weight, started an exercise program and I do dry skin brushing.
          What's this?

          Comment


          • #6
            The exercise program is T-Tapp by Teresa Tapp. She recommends brushing your skin with a natural bristle brush to exfoliate, increase blood flow, stimulate the lymphatic system to remove toxins and generally "exercise your skin." Many people advocate skin brushing. You can find some YouTube videos about it, too.

            Comment


            • #7
              The ones on my butt are gone. Still have some on the inside of my thighs, though.

              Comment


              • #8
                Mine's gotten better with weightloss and primal, but it hasn't gone away. It also never will, I've seen the women in my family naked and have no delusions about what's possible for me and what's not.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I don't have any cellulite --- and I wonder if this may be part genetics? My mum was hilarious -- very disabled so definitely no exercise in her life. And she was skinny as a rake her entire life. She was British, and ate a ton of fat -- bacon, eggs, the fat of the pork roast.....we grew up thinking she was insane and trying to kill us with fat. Guess what -- we all had it wrong, and my mum had it right. As I reflect back (she passed away last summer), she was 5'10' and stayed lean her entire life and I think she just knew better than all of us. Funny, eh?
                  ----------------------------------------
                  F, 48, 5'10"
                  Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
                  Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

                  Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I was looking around for something else tonight, and found this: The Cellulite Investigation | Natural Remedies for Cellulite

                    The author doesn't identify as paleo/primal, but her diet/life match it to a T.

                    I'm not sure about herbal therapy and stuff like that, but everything else seems practical and useful.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by SarahW View Post
                      I was looking around for something else tonight, and found this: The Cellulite Investigation | Natural Remedies for Cellulite

                      The author doesn't identify as paleo/primal, but her diet/life match it to a T.

                      I'm not sure about herbal therapy and stuff like that, but everything else seems practical and useful.
                      Fantastic Website!! I have read about it on t-tapp also, but I keep forgetting to do it.
                      65lbs gone and counting!!

                      Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        those of you who have seen a reduction of cellulite - do you eat fruit? if you all don't mind, would you post examples of typical meals and snacks? i'm just starting out on primal.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Miss Understood View Post
                          The exercise program is T-Tapp by Teresa Tapp. She recommends brushing your skin with a natural bristle brush to exfoliate, increase blood flow, stimulate the lymphatic system to remove toxins and generally "exercise your skin." Many people advocate skin brushing. You can find some YouTube videos about it, too.
                          I have skin brushed in the past, but never been very consistent about it. The other thing that helps is massaging deeply in the shower with soap and water. If I do that everyday it really helps! You only need to do it for a minute or two on each side.

                          I keep thinking about trying T-Tapp!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Massage and dry-brushing the skin make a big difference, too. After primal/paleo did the most of it, I got a massage and it went away for two weeks. I then got another massage, and backed that up with daily dry brushing (butt and upper thighs), and i haven't had cellulite there since.

                            It doesn't take long, and I just do it before bed as part of my night time routine.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I do the skin brushing right before taking a shower

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X