Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what's the best way to recover from a few days off the blueprint?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what's the best way to recover from a few days off the blueprint?

I was thinking about Mark's advice about preparing for a cheat day before it happens. However, after this weekend's most decidedly non-primal living for me, it's a bit late for me to "prepare" myself for it.

I came up with two decidedly different steategies for coping with the recovery and wanted to see what you guys thought. I could also take suggestions for other possibilities that I may have missed. I need to get back on to things right away because I feel like crap.

Option 1: Get right to the primal eating. Don't give your body a break. Go straight into healthy primal meals to regenerate and refill depleated nutrient levels and get healthy fats to counteract increased inflammation and aid in readapting to fat burning?

Option 2: Take a break. Your body needs to heal and recover after eating so unhealthy for a few days like you did! Time to start a fast for a few days, let your body get the rest it needs, let your pancreas take a break from producing insulin at constant full tilt. Also, let your body get adjusted to living on a more reasonable caloric intake.

So, which option do you think is the best and will help me get back on track the most quick? Is there another strategy I could take which I haven't considered?
    Last edited by Drumroll; 11-04-2012, 01:27 PM.
    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

just eat
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
    lol

Comment

Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
      just eat
      But I did all weekend! That's how I got into this mess!
      "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

if you want to properly punish yourself then, flog not fast
        beautiful
        yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
        lol

Comment

It's not about punishing myself. It's about finding the right strategy that will allow my body to recover most quickly and optimally.

Comment

then that would be eating meat and veggies. a weekend cheat may have stressed and inflamed you, fasting is another stresser
            beautiful
            yeah you are

lol

Comment

then that would be eating meat and veggies. a weekend cheat may have stressed and inflamed you, fasting is another stresser
              Spot on there :-)
              If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
              If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

If I have a bad day where I engorge in a bunch of "no-no" a 18-24 hour fast gets me back on track.

Comment

How is fasting a stressor, BO?

Comment

Personally, I think that fasting is a terrible idea after a cheat.

Last thing you want to do after breaking from Primal eating is deprive yourself, get hungry and binging on non-Primal foods. That's a lot more likely to happen than anything, and kinda sounds like the beginning of a binge/restrict ED - you don't want that. You're better off just getting back on track and enjoying a good Primal meal and carrying on from there, IMO.
                    Dark chocolate and coffee, running through my veins...

Fitocracy Workout Tracker:
                    https://www.fitocracy.com/profile/Shadowknight137/?feed
                    MFP Food Diary:
                    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/Shadowknight137
                    (Date is New Zealand Time UTC+ 12hours)

Comment

Yeah. After a bad day I just do a lot of cardio and go back to eating healthfully. No need to beat yourself up about if it's a once-in-awhile cheat.
                      F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Comment

I've gone just over 24-hours without eating. When dinnertime comes around, I have a healthy, happy, primal meal planned.

Comment

Working...
                        X