Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Foods that inevitably make you to overeat?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

coho salmon, fruit (ANY!) and roast chicken or turkey

It is kindda funny, but I managed to get nuts under control by simply doing macadami nuts breakfasts for a while (like 300 cals of macadamia with coffee). After that I have never went into the binging mode on nuts or nut butter.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

Originally posted by Leida View Post
      It is kindda funny, but I managed to get nuts under control by simply doing macadami nuts breakfasts for a while (like 300 cals of macadamia with coffee). After that I have never went into the binging mode on nuts or nut butter.
      Wow, I did that with almonds when I was in college, and it would just cause me to binge for the rest of the day o.O
      My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

Maybe it makes the difference that macadamia is pure fat, while almonds have a fair bit of crb. Fat+carb is a dangerous binge-inducer. Most classic overeating foods are fat+carb.
        My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
        When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

Originally posted by sakura_girl View Post
          I know you probably posted a billion times, but how many calories do you eat on average?
          Didn't see this till now....in the 2000-2500 zone. I'm male 5'9" 160lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Leida View Post
            Maybe it makes the difference that macadamia is pure fat, while almonds have a fair bit of crb. Fat+carb is a dangerous binge-inducer. Most classic overeating foods are fat+carb.
            That would explain why I turn into the tasmanian devil every time I eat cashews. I think they're higher on the carb count than almonds.

Comment

Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
              Well that makes me feel pretty guilty. Lol.

Comment

Re: addictive properties of nuts/nut butters - I believe that the inflammatory effects of O6 and mycotoxins are important factors. Both elevate heart rate shortly after consumption. I used to eat a lot of nut butters but ditched them about 5 years ago as I found them stupidly addictive. Now I only eat nuts very occasionally (a few times a year) when I eat out.
                F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Comment

Originally Posted by Neckhammer
                  Well that makes me feel pretty guilty. Lol.
                  I'm 5'9" but always float between 170 and 180, on slightly more calories - but my body fat tends to stay low! It seems like I have more control oover my body composition than I do my weight. Neckhammer, if you eat even more than that do you gain more lean muscle or just overall mass?
                  Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Grain products. Doughnuts, brownies, cake, if I eat one piece I will eat more. So I never buy these things for myself and I am not in situations where I have access to them.
                    http://lifemutt.blogspot.sg/ - Gaming, Food Reviews and Life in Singapore

Comment

Originally posted by paleo-bunny View Post
                      Re: addictive properties of nuts/nut butters - I believe that the inflammatory effects of O6 and mycotoxins are important factors. Both elevate heart rate shortly after consumption. I used to eat a lot of nut butters but ditched them about 5 years ago as I found them stupidly addictive. Now I only eat nuts very occasionally (a few times a year) when I eat out.
                      Yeah, I'm beginning to think the mycotoxins more so than anything else makes them addictive. If I ate flaked coconut, I'd be effing full after 600 calories, but I can definitely keep going after that many calories in nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
                        I'm 5'9" but always float between 170 and 180, on slightly more calories - but my body fat tends to stay low! It seems like I have more control oover my body composition than I do my weight. Neckhammer, if you eat even more than that do you gain more lean muscle or just overall mass?
                        Good question, I actually got down to 150lbs then attempted to do a "bulk". I put on about 15lbs over the course of 9 months or so. I know I increased lean mass, but cant deny that there was some fat with it.....so I went back to just eating normal (i.e. 2x rather than 3x/day and not downing a bunch of raw milk). Dropped 5 lbs pretty easy and I'm fairly content at 160lbs. So I guess the short answer would be I gained MASS not just lean mass.

Comment

Brie. I will eat exactly as much as I buy, within a day or two at most. It is ridiculous.

TJ's now sells mini brie bites, and I take them to work. One is just enough.

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzylogic View Post
                            Brie.
                            Hell... YES: me too.
                            Ancas Largas (or "Wide Hips") | visual primal diaries (in portuguese)

Comment

cheese. particularly this one awesome type of crafted soft cheese i bought at the farmers markets that has chunks of apricot through it and is rolled in crushed almonds. i dont think i should buy it tomorrow morning.

Comment

Originally posted by sunsis View Post
                                cheese. particularly this one awesome type of crafted soft cheese i bought at the farmers markets that has chunks of apricot through it and is rolled in crushed almonds. i dont think i should buy it tomorrow morning.
                                Yum! I bet you did buy it, because life's too short!
                                F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Comment

Working...
                                X