Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Very low vit D level despite 25 minutes of sun a day?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very low vit D level despite 25 minutes of sun a day?

I am prefacing this question with the fact that I am getting 20-25 minutes of midday sun without a shirt and shorts on. I also supplement with Cod liver oil. My vit D 2O is 9 NG/ML

There are websites that talks about autoimmune disease CAUSING low vit D rather than being the result of it, and one in particular recommends keeping the Vit D low and using antibiotics. I am asking this because I have to decide if I should correct my Vit D deficiency or try the antibiotic route.

I also suffer from Male pattern baldness, prostatitis and acne (i am 28)

If you are concerned you have a medical condition, you need to consult a doctor. I have heard that sometimes you need to supplement to get up to a level that is sustainable through sun exposure.

Comment

Originally posted by teach2183 View Post
      If you are concerned you have a medical condition, you need to consult a doctor. I have heard that sometimes you need to supplement to get up to a level that is sustainable through sun exposure.

What medical condition did I seem concerned that I have? I just explained my situation

Comment

What do your calcium levels look like? A problem with the absorption of one might lead/cause/correlate with lack of absorption of the other.

Comment

Originally posted by sarasue624 View Post
          What do your calcium levels look like? A problem with the absorption of one might lead/cause/correlate with lack of absorption of the other.
          interesting. calcium but not magnesium? I had both tested and both were within normal limits.

Comment

Oh, well, probably both calcium and magnesium - I just thought of calcium first. Sounds like that may not be your issue, though.

Still, interactions of vit. d are interesting. Unraveling the Enigma of ... - Vitamin D's Connection to...

Comment

I just think its interesting HOW LOW my vit D is despite the fact that i've gotten several suntans and very slight slight sunburns(i could feel them but not see them). and also high dose cod liver oil. I wonder if vitamin A lowers D in high doses. I still think its related to something else, like the autoimmune ANA +

Comment

Is your doctor concerned about it?
                F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Comment

Originally posted by Damiana View Post
                  Is your doctor concerned about it?
                  yes she prescribed the mega dose vitamin D treatment.

Comment

It's probably a medical condition then. I live in southern Cali and a friend of mine here still has to take 50000iu weekly because he is unable to absorb adequate vitamin d through the sun alone.
                    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

Comment

Originally posted by Damiana View Post
                      It's probably a medical condition then. I live in southern Cali and a friend of mine here still has to take 50000iu weekly because he is unable to absorb adequate vitamin d through the sun alone.
                      seems like something else is in play. maybe the body is doing it on purpose? did your friend improve ?

Comment

He is healthy and happy so I'd say it worked, but he did not notice a huge difference in his health before. The thing with vitamin and mineral deficiencies is that generally they don't cause a huge decrease in your quality of health for most people, just general fatigue and such, so it's hard to notice the effects of the treatments. It's not like pain where you can take as aspirin and feel the immediate effects.
                        F 28/5'4/100 lbs

Comment

Working...
                        X