Slightly vague question...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slightly vague question...

...so I know this isn't much to go on, but a friend of mine is having some issues--she says she can't eat without feeling nauseous, and that she suspects her immune system is shot because she takes forever to recover from being sick. She says her sleep and exercise are good, but she needs to work on her diet. So far I advised her on eating probiotic-rich foods and perhaps drinking teas with herbs good for digestion (mints and ginger, etc). I also was thinking maybe some fasting, to give her body a rest. Any other thoughts?
    "The mountains are calling and I must go."
    --John Muir

"I don't know what's wrong with me, but I love this shit."
    --Tommy Caldwell

‎"Think like a geek. Eat like a hunter. Train like a fighter. Look like a model. Live beyond."
    --Hyperlithic

If a person consistently can't eat without feeling nauseous, then they need to see a doctor.

Comment

I would advise her to lower carbs quite a bit to see how she feels on a lower carb diet. Some people do better with more carbs, some with less. I'd drop to less than fifty grams a day just to see how she feels. Also, tell her to increase her saturated fat intake.

And yes, second the doctor visit.
      "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

Pregnant? Possible?

Comment

Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
          Pregnant? Possible?
          She's a lesbian...lol
          "The mountains are calling and I must go."
          --John Muir

"I don't know what's wrong with me, but I love this shit."
          --Tommy Caldwell

‎"Think like a geek. Eat like a hunter. Train like a fighter. Look like a model. Live beyond."
          --Hyperlithic

Comment

Originally posted by Clymb View Post
            She's a lesbian...lol
            Doctor, ASAP. Logic my friend, no hard feelings.

That are wait and see if probiotics do something, your choice.

Comment

Dr., maybe shrink.

Comment

i used to get sick eating every time. i had IBS. went to a chiropractor (not on purpose for this reason) because my husband had a free xray for me anyways from going to one, and hey turns out i got scoliosis (WTF?). well after a few adjustments and a course of probiotics i can now eat without getting sick, and no more ibs symptoms. btw i didnt mention anything about my symptoms to the chiro just after they stopped i told him and he was floored and wanted my "success story" for his wall.

not saying this is wat your friend should do. but this is my experience with nausea wen eating (which btw lasted years).

Comment

Reaction to something she eats. Grains, dairy etc
                  A steak a day keeps the doctor away

Comment

Originally posted by Bushrat View Post
                    Reaction to something she eats. Grains, dairy etc
                    I had this most of my life, seemed so normal to me I never mentioned it to anyone. It went away when I dropped dairy. Go figure. I'd recommend a visit to a traditional Chinese medicine doctor. My experience has been that they do a better job at ferreting out underlying causes of problems than alleopathic medicine doctors who often seem to only treat symptoms. At least that has been my experience.

Comment

Working...
                    X