Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dark under eye circles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    nixxy, your eyes are gorgeous and the whole look works. I can understand you want to address it if it is a sign of an underlying problem but you are pretty, so I wouldn't worry about it as a superficial issue - it works.

    Comment


    • #32
      Nixxy, from what I understand the GAPS diet is a temporary diet that heals your gut so that eventually your body does not react to the things that triggered the allergic response. We are probably going to start the diet after the holidays.
      Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

      Comment


      • #33
        I know this doesn't help with the underlying cause, but a model friend of mine used to swear by preparation h to get rid of dark circles/bags under her eyes for early morning shoots :-)

        From a quick search on dr google, it seems quite popular ..
        Preparation H & Dark Circles (a remedy?) | Dark Under Eyes

        On a slightly related side note, for treating bruising and scarring hirudoid is fantastic and rose hip oil is amazing for stretch marks and wrinkles :-)
        Last edited by Misabi; 11-04-2012, 02:46 AM.
        If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

        Originally posted by tfarny
        If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

        Comment


        • #34
          Well, I find your eyes quite beautiful.

          I have deep set eyes and darker circles. Any change in my sleep or diet or health makes a more pronounced change than others it seems. I've learned to live with it and to use concealer when I wear make-up. At this point, that is really the only make-up I wear.

          Is it hereditary? Look at your closest relatives..

          Did you have a full iron panel run? It might take time for the dark circles to disappear once your levels have come within a normal range. Not sure on that one.

          Make sure you have adequate Vitamin C, Vitamin K and zinc.
          sigpic
          Age 48
          Start date: 7-5-12
          5'3"
          121lbs
          GOAL: to live to be a healthy and active 100


          "In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties."
          Henri Frederic Amiel

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by lambchop View Post
            nixxy, your eyes are gorgeous and the whole look works. I can understand you want to address it if it is a sign of an underlying problem but you are pretty, so I wouldn't worry about it as a superficial issue - it works.
            Hahahah I wasn't aware a dark under eye "look" existed.

            I just really don't want to have to wear makeup and I'd feel much more at ease doing so if I wasn't worried people thought I looked tired/unhealthy

            Originally posted by Urban Forager View Post
            Nixxy, from what I understand the GAPS diet is a temporary diet that heals your gut so that eventually your body does not react to the things that triggered the allergic response. We are probably going to start the diet after the holidays.
            I have looked at GAPS briefly but my current lifestyle situation really doesn't allow for any kind of implementation of something like that. Maybe next year when I'm back in a normal routine I could look at it.

            Originally posted by Misabi View Post
            I know this doesn't help with the underlying cause, but a model friend of mine used to swear by preparation h to get rid of dark circles/bags under her eyes for early morning shoots :-)

            From a quick search on dr google, it seems quite popular ..
            Preparation H & Dark Circles (a remedy?) | Dark Under Eyes

            On a slightly related side note, for treating bruising and scarring hirudoid is fantastic and rose hip oil is amazing for stretch marks and wrinkles :-)
            Innnteresting. I have seen that mentioned before for puffy eyes but I didn't know it could work for dark circles. Thanks
            Current weight lost: 82.9lb (37.6kg)

            Current PRs:
            Bench: 45kg/99lb
            Squat: 100kg/220lb
            Deadlift: 120kg/265lb

            My blog
            My journal

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by PHaselow View Post
              Well, I find your eyes quite beautiful.

              I have deep set eyes and darker circles. Any change in my sleep or diet or health makes a more pronounced change than others it seems. I've learned to live with it and to use concealer when I wear make-up. At this point, that is really the only make-up I wear.

              Is it hereditary? Look at your closest relatives..

              Did you have a full iron panel run? It might take time for the dark circles to disappear once your levels have come within a normal range. Not sure on that one.

              Make sure you have adequate Vitamin C, Vitamin K and zinc.
              Thank you

              The sunken eyes is hereditary... but my relatives don't seem to get the "dark" look like I do.
              I have luckily been getting heaps of vitamin C and have been making sure to take it with my iron.
              Current weight lost: 82.9lb (37.6kg)

              Current PRs:
              Bench: 45kg/99lb
              Squat: 100kg/220lb
              Deadlift: 120kg/265lb

              My blog
              My journal

              Comment


              • #37
                Before you do GAPS nixxy, read up on what Chris Kresser has to say about it.

                He had an article about how many people don't feel any better doing it, or do it for too long, have certain foods EXCLUDED for too long, it's extremely time consuming, etc. If I can find the exact article, I'll post it.
                A Post-Primal PrimalPat

                Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

                Comment


                • #38
                  BAM!

                  RHR: CoQ10, Vaccination, and Natural Treatment for Migraines

                  It's right there in the beginning of the transcript.
                  A Post-Primal PrimalPat

                  Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    i admit, tl;dr

                    has anyone discussed electrolyte balance? or low b12?
                    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

                    Predator not Prey
                    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

                    CW 315 | SW 506
                    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66


                    Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by patski View Post
                      BAM!

                      RHR: CoQ10, Vaccination, and Natural Treatment for Migraines

                      It's right there in the beginning of the transcript.
                      That link has lots of good info, ta.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        definitely agree with the food allergies. You can see these dark undereye circles on little kids (like MY son before we went gluten and dairy free)....and it's not age related at that point in life. I can spot them and immediately think there is food they need to avoid.
                        Check out my blog on nature and nurture!
                        http://thewoodsygal.com/

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          are you anemic by any chance? i have olive skin and i too have under eye dark circles, and especially around that time of the month they show more.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            I have dark circles too. And this does nothing to make them go away... but it does make them less noticeable - exercise in the morning. Sometimes when I wake up they look so bad - I'm pale, probably a little dehydrated, etc and I feel as though they are all you see when you look at my face. But a 2.5 mile run later and a shower it is night and day. People always comment about my skin and rosy cheeks and honest - it happens the days when I workout in the morning and am a little more active during the day. Helps me get out there and run the days I don't want to too... a little incentive.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Someone on another thread (Geostump, thank you!) asked about using castor oil for regrowing hair. I didn't know anything about it, but I started digging, and ended up getting mildly obsessed with castor oil in the past week. I found a website yesterday that mentioned using castor oil to get rid of dark under eye circles. I figured, what the heck? I'll give anything a try.

                              So last night I put some under my eyes (I mix the castor oil 1:1 with coconut oil to make it easier to use) and on my eyelids, careful not to use too much so it wouldn't drip into my eyes. I only slept about 4.5 hours last night and was fully prepared to see a monster in the mirror, but SURPRISE! For the first time in about 10 years, my dark circles were gone...even after a crap night of sleep.

                              Castor oil is supposed to be good for about a million different things, and I'm just beginning to explore it, but I figured that other people might be interested in trying this out. I got a tiny bottle (4 oz) for $2 at the grocery store (in the pharmacy section, with the laxatives, since it can be taken for that purpose, also.) You can buy better quality ones in health food stores. I mixed it with coconut oil, but you can mix it with any type of oil you want (or none at all), and a little goes a LONG way.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                BB, that's very interesting. Thanks for sharing. I'll definitely give it a try for my dark-ish under eye circles.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X