Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ate off plan yesterday, stomach is killing me, gluten sensitivity?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ate off plan yesterday, stomach is killing me, gluten sensitivity?

So yesterday I did some stress eating, which included a couple cinnamon rolls, some candy, granola bars and then a chimichanga for dinner..........

OMG, my stomach hurts so bad today. My intestines are in knots with tons of sharp pains, I'm nauseated, bloated and gassy. It's horrific. My eyes are all puffed up too which is weird. I slept like complete crap, tossing and turning all night long with tummy pains and horrific gas.

I don't recall ever having this bad of a reaction before. Is it a sensitivity or is this indicative of how much my body has adjusted to Primal fare and just doesn't like off plan foods anymore? It's kind of a bummer in a way, because if I want to have something off plan or a treat meal, I don't want to have to worry about feeling like this the next day. I'm scared to eat anything off plan now.

Once you go to the good side it is hard to go back to the dark side.

It sounds like either a gluten reaction or Casein (Dairy) reaction to me.

Think it is pretty normal once you detox your body. your effectively poisoning it.
    2010 - 5,11 and 101KG

2012 - 5,11 and 77KG

Train hard, eat well and love life

Comment

Originally posted by AdamC29 View Post
      Once you go to the good side it is hard to go back to the dark side.

It sounds like either a gluten reaction or Casein (Dairy) reaction to me.

Think it is pretty normal once you detox your body. your effectively poisoning it.
      Well I know it's not dairy. I have cream in my coffee every day, and I'm able to eat other dairy with no issues. I just can't believe how horrible I felt all night and this morning. Yikes.

Comment

I used to think I was ok with Dairy and then I cut it.

Now I know I am not ok with Dairy but my body had just been used to it.
        2010 - 5,11 and 101KG

2012 - 5,11 and 77KG

Train hard, eat well and love life

Comment

Yeah, it's normal. Grains aren't "off plan", my friend, they're poison! Take a few hours off of food and drink as much green tea as you can handle to bring down the inflammation. You should be feeling fine again in two to three days, on average.
          Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

From the description, sounds like classic gluten intolerance to me. Once you get off the grains, particularly those nasty gluten-containing ones, your body will no longer produce the enzymes it used to in an effort to defend itself and you become more sensitive. The symptoms you used to experience chronically at a lower level come crashing back, waving their hats and stomping their three-inch heels in your gut. Been there, my friend. Time will heal all.
            My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Wow....ok. I need to completely change my thinking of "treat meal" then. I never thought about it as poison....but now that I feel this way, it feels like poison. I'm just shocked at how badly this affected me.

Comment

I was shocked, too! I was super clean for over a month and then had some pizza. My hip hurt like crazy, I had gas, got some zits - yeah, it's bad.
                Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

So how do I know what has gluten in it and what doesn't? Did the candy have gluten in it? I mean, obviously the grain stuff did.

Comment

Read the labels.
                    Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

I've been primal for about 5 months. If I'm away on business and had to have some non-primal foods ---- well, let's say it's not pretty. I have the same reactions that you experienced last night. The last time this happened to me, it took me about 5-7 days of eating my own food once I returned home, in order to feel good again. Our bodies are highly intelligent and it's up to us to listen to what it's telling us. I don't know who suffered more after my last trip away from home -- me or my poor husband ---- I could literally 'out phart' a herd of elephants!
                      ----------------------------------------
                      F, 48, 5'10"
                      Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
                      Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Comment

Yes, same happened to me. For a lot less just had tastes really of 3 desserts and had mega issues for a couple of days. I now can't eat dairy, eggs or gluten
                        Started Primal June 2012 at 148.5lbs, and 5' 1", reached goal weight in 5 months.
                        Lowest weight 93lbs - too thin. Now stable at around 100lbs much better weight for me at my age.
                        Primal, minus eggs, dairy and a myriad of other allergens.

Comment

I guess it's just hard for me to understand how we could be eating this stuff our whole lives, and then we eliminate for a small period of time, and all of a sudden these horrible reactions occur when we eat it again. It's just terrible.

And it makes me feel even worse that I feed my children this stuff, granola bars, bread, etc.......after having this horrible reaction, I feel like I'm poisoning my children every day with these supposed "healthy" snacks and foods.

Comment

Yeah I find this too, every now and then I cave and eat some sugary crap in the evenings.

I wake up starving and feeling gross in my stomach whereas before, I wouldn't have felt any change.

The body seems to be saying, don't eat that!

Comment

Freakin' everything has gluten in it. If it is cheap and it is processed, assume it has gluten in some form. Often it is not identified as gluten on the label. Gluten is used as a thickener and can be listed as many different things. If you are wondering, "Does this have gluten?" it probably does.

This is one reason why high quality dark chocolate has so many primal fans - it does not contain gluten, although it often has small amounts of soy.
                              My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Working...
                              X