No announcement yet.

No Alcohol November

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can take it or leave it, either way. I drank a lot when I was younger but now that I am 50 I just don't want to anymore. Bleh.
    http://www.cantneverdidanything.net/

Comment

Good idea, before the silly season.

Comment

For quite a long time (well before Primal) my husband and I have given up all alcohol from the 12th day of Christmas for one month. This was not for any particular religious reason but for health and expenditure after the holiday season and to return to a more 'normal' regime. It always works for me... but I quite like the idea of a November ban to loosen the hold of alcohol in general before the holidays. We are fairly European in our tastes and usually have a glass of wine with our evening meal in the week and perhaps a whisky at the weekend. But the Christmas period can be quite 'festive' here in England!

Comment

I want to! I was just thinking about cutting out alcohol this month and I read your post. I went a few weeks without (longest without since I became a legal drinker) a couple of months ago and although it was tough at gatherings, I really felt good. Seems like a good month to do it again.

Comment

So far so good. Of course it's only 9:15 AM on the 1st.

Comment

Originally posted by docpearce View Post
              hahaha... that bailey's looked great though!

I'm in (except on T-day)
              9/13/12 6'2" 278lbs

Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65781.html

"Temptation chronicles the story of my life"

Comment

Ha, I was just bitching about my hangover in my primal journal! I think I can definitely do no alcohol until Turkey Day, possibly the night before if I go out. I already went about a month and ended that a few weeks ago, so this should be easy I do cheat sometimes with pizza, bar food, etc... when I drink, but I think that the hangover is the worst part!

Comment

The only concession I've made in regard to alcohol is to drink beer less often.

I have 1-2 drinks a day 5-6 days a week. I'm now alternating between red wine and Norcal margaritas, with an occasional beer day.

I'm making too much progress to worry about becoming a teetotaler, which will never happen because it is not in my best interest.

Comment

Originally posted by docpearce View Post
                    Peace ;-)
                    ----------------------------------------
                    F, 48, 5'10"
                    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
                    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Comment

3 months sober and I turned 21 in april ha. ive done this a few times tho
                      Started Primal November 20, 2011
                      Slipped from Christmas-New Years
                      January 2, 2012 until Death= 100% Primal/Paleo

Start Weight-210
                      Goal Weight-Skinny with a 6 pack and lean all around

Journal.... http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread44612.html

Comment

Had Crio bru when the tequila urge hit; working well.

Comment

yeah, I'm actually going booze free this month too. So, I guess I'm in

Comment

I've actually liked having this challenge this month, which, in itself, is a hoot since I've always hated 'rules'.
                            9 days in and that fab tequila hasn't been touched. It helps that DH doesn't drink alcohol, and no company over, so far.
                            Funny how a primal lifestyle gives you strength on many levels.

Comment

Well, I didn't start at the beginning of the month, though last weekend mostly involved a few glasses of wine here and there. I'm onboard now. This should help my goal of dropping some weight this month - if I'm going to sabotage my diet with anything, it would be wine or whiskey.

Comment

Working...
                              X