NO-vember

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NO-vember

I'm all cross today, I tried to run again to-day after resting for over a week and calf/achilles tendon still F***ed (OH looked up what I describes on interweb and thinks I may have a partial rupture of something so off to the Doc for a diagnosis soon) I REALLY like getting out into the fresh air - it's the head space I need, so I have been in a right miserable mood all day. Also the kids arn't well, and I can't seem to lose weight right now no matter what I try to reduce intake/increase satisfaction. Generally I'm a right grumpy norther git today.

So I have decide just now to do a NO-vember

No Nuts

No Dairy (apart from butter to fry in as we eat family meals and that would be just bloody akward seeing as I would be replacing one fat with another just to tick a box) ((but definatly no cream in coffee of cheese.))

No Fruit(I'm not getting in the argument of what is a fruit and what is a vegetable if you eat it as a vegetable then it's a vegetable)

No Sugar No Atifical sweetners either, that's just cheating.Or honey for that matter

No Paleo ******* cos if it's the paleo ****** than it's not really paleo or ******

No Grains

No legumes

So basically, incase I have missed anything:

(in a Jessy's Diet's voice:

This month I are be mostly eating;
    Dead Flesh
    Vegetable matter
    Bird Ovulations

To clean myslef up, sort out my diet, hopefully start on the way to losing the last 15 - 20lbs and generally give my self a kick up the arse and an alternative focus seeing as I can't run - which I may have mentioned I WAS REALLY BLOODY ENJOYING

Feel free to join in, point and laugh or tell me to eat potatoes
    Last edited by Tribal Rob; 10-30-2012, 01:49 PM.
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

GOod luck to you. Sounds like a Whole 30?
    Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Cheers, probabably about the same thing, just liked the idea of calling it No-vember, I thought it was punny
      You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Comment

gonna be doing something similar, mixed with a LeanGains approach. (so all that +rice)

LETS DO IT!!! I'm tired of farting around.
        this great blue world of ours seems a house of leaves, moments before the wind

Comment

I appreciate me a good pun! And I'm more or less doing the same thing. The takeaway here is... I'm stealing your pun
          My Primal Blueprint Journal

Comment

I'm in. I binged today. All Primal foods still, but too many and a lot of carbs.
            I don't know about everyone else, but I'll be having some root vegetables. Got to make sure I stay out of ketosis.

Comment

Originally posted by CleoCat View Post
              I'm in. I binged today. All Primal foods still, but too many and a lot of carbs.
              I don't know about everyone else, but I'll be having some root vegetables. Got to make sure I stay out of ketosis.
              And you NEED to stay out of ketosis, why?

And you don't need tubers to do that anyway.
              "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

Fuck it, I'm in. I binged today at dinner, all primal but way too much. I'll probably splurge tomorrow because, fuck it, I can, and then on the first, I'm going all in.

Comment

Originally posted by Drumroll View Post
                  And you NEED to stay out of ketosis, why?

And you don't need tubers to do that anyway.
                  Because after a year and a half in ketosis i lost a lot of hair. I was below 50 grams for most of that time. Now I'm at approx. 90g and my hair is growing back in. Other than that, ketosis was good for me. I lost over 30 lbs. i don't want to eat fruit for the time being because it makes me crave sugars too much, hence - tubers. Well, bunch of other veggies too. Love my vegetables.

Comment

*pointing and laughing*
                    Started eating Primal in October 2011.
                    Started lifting heavy things on October 26, 2012.
                    Started sugar detox: November 12, 2012
                    [may or may not have been purposely before Thanksgiving]

Comment

Sorry about your tendon. I can sympathize. I'm well into my third month of tendon "rest" and still looking at a surgical repair. I'm so effing tired of being sedentary I'm going bonkers. There's only so much energy an upper body workout can burn off ... it is pretty good motivation to keep the diet clean!

Comment

Originally posted by Roary View Post
                        Sorry about your tendon. I can sympathize. I'm well into my third month of tendon "rest" and still looking at a surgical repair. I'm so effing tired of being sedentary I'm going bonkers. There's only so much energy an upper body workout can burn off ... it is pretty good motivation to keep the diet clean!
                        Sucks don't it - I'm off to the doctors on Friday to see what they say, hopefully it will just need rest and maybe imobilisation, I think I dis something when I fell down the steps carrying a filing cabinate weeks ago, but I thought at first I'd just pull the ligaments on the top of my foot, then I thought it was I was getting soreness as I was having to over-compensate for the weakness, so rested more, and still only managed a mile before it was too painful to run, and I was bloody cold walking home.

Comment

Yay, 1st Day of NO-vember.

Black coffee was quite nice. Whole family has dodgy guts - oh the fun of having kids - so I don't feel like eating anything anyway, so looking on the bright side I don't think I will miss cream and cheese for a few days at least.

weighed myself this morning at 15st 8 & 3/4lbs, which I think is the lowest I've been(further brightside looking )
                          I'll try to measure myself too today, but I've decided too keep off the scales for the month and just focus on good food choices.

So will I be in Ketosis - I have no idea, I'll not be weighing or measuring anything, I have no real idea what my macros are, it's not a route I want to go down. Just plenty of veggies (probably 60 - 70% by volume) including roots (carrots, sweeds, parsnips, turnips, sweeds, and the occasional sweet potatoe) and lots of meat till I'm full. I'm going to try eating more (MOAR) at meal times as I think I may have been under-eating at meals and snaking inbetween too much.

It worked before when I started and I wasn't this strict, lost nearly 30lbs pretty easliy and quickly, so it's time to take it back to basics.

And yes This is the song in my head for this

Comment

Remember remember the 5th of November

Today I will be morning a failed attemt to blow the feck out of the govenment of this country.

So how is anyone else doing on this thing, I've realsied it's even more strict that whole 30, but I feel fine and not really restricted.

Been eating plenty of meat, and I know I said I wouldn't way myself, well I lied - I'm down to 15st 5 1/2 lbs this morning, can't believe I started to lose again at a decent rate after so long platued, bouncing up and down, maybe losing 1lbs a month if that that. Now I'm feeling confident I'll see a 14st something on the scales by then end of the month.

Comment

Just a hint... I did Whole 30 and spent the first two weeks contemplating killing people. The only thing that kept me from doing so was weighing myself and seeing that go down. That and really a lot of walk breaks.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
                              Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

Working...
                              X