Track our BACON intake here

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Track our BACON intake here

Here it is folks, a chance to survey our community and find out just how much, how often! For data integrity, simply post the date, the time, and how much bacon you ate! Pork belly counts, beef bacon, too!

Since this is just getting started, I should add: Feel free to post the quality of your bacon, too!

I'll start.

10-29-12, 15:23, one pound (16 ounces) of bacon. Trader Joe's Uncured ends and pieces. Has sodium lactate, celery powder and the ominous 'spice extractives', most of which goes down the drain as I rinse it before I cook it!
    Last edited by Knifegill; 10-29-2012, 03:40 PM.
    Crohn's, doing SCD

10/27/2012 - 1/4 lb - first bacon I'd eaten in probably years and wrapped around pork shoulder.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

i honestly can't remember the last time i had bacon. probably back in july at a breakfast for work. i'm just not that into it. never buy it.

Comment

29 Oct 12, 1130. Had 6-7 large, thick cut pieces purchased from the local farmer's market.

Comment

If God didn't want us to eat pigs, he wouldn't have made them out of bacon.

Comment

Oct 27. half a pound package added to my loaded mashed potatoes. I dyed them green for halloween (okay green dye prolly not very primal, I'll chalk it up to my 20%) I called them Mashed Frankenstein Brains. (Yes we had a party. I also dyed some chicken wings black, and called them Bat wings.)
            65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Comment

October 27, 3 slices bacon (15g, cooked).

I buy bacon that has 7g protein per 15g serving. Some are as low as 2g per 15g, which I take to mean there's a lot more fat and less "meat" in that bacon.
              Began Primal Living: 25 Sep 2012
              Starting Weight: 82kg (180 lbs) - Lost 30 lbs since going Primal!

"I do not eat enough carbs to justify eating low-fat."
              "Have some bread with your bread, pasta, bread, and HFCS." - Unicorn
              "I also walk my dog twice a day now instead of paying someone else to do it." - IronGirl
              "Tell me you're not weak minded enough to be outsmarted by a donut?" - not on the rug

Comment

I generally use it just for flavoring. I think maybe we had some last week in a dish that consists of chopped up brussels sprouts stir-fried in bacon. There were three pieces of bacon and the dish served two people.
                Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

This bacon looks glorious. Except it's only at Wal-Mart and I probably wouldn't trust the ingredients.

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...28982678_o.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by KimNKY View Post
                    This bacon looks glorious. Except it's only at Wal-Mart and I probably wouldn't trust the ingredients.

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...28982678_o.jpg
                    they have that at my local meat market. its pretty much the same as most nitrate cured bacon as far as ingredients.

Comment

Two slices with dinner tonight.
                      A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Comment

10/27/12 - 9 a.m. Half pound of side pork seasoned w/ smoked sea salt. I was the only one in the house and would've had the whole pound but hubby came in the house and smelled it cooking. Damn.
                        Some people just need a sympathetic pat... On the head... With a hammer.

Comment

I put a handful of cooked bacon crumbs into a frittata I made for tomorrow morning. It came from my sister in law's last year's pig.

Comment

I have 2-3 rashers of bacon every single day for breakfast. Our local Choices store makes their own. I love it. They pretty much only sell organic and/or hormone antibiotic free from local farms.
                            Started Primal June 2012 at 148.5lbs, and 5' 1", reached goal weight in 5 months.
                            Lowest weight 93lbs - too thin. Now stable at around 100lbs much better weight for me at my age.
                            Primal, minus eggs, dairy and a myriad of other allergens.

Comment

Originally posted by jakey View Post
                              i honestly can't remember the last time i had bacon. probably back in july at a breakfast for work. i'm just not that into it. never buy it.
                              Neither. I never understood peoples obsession with the stuff. Growing up we always had bacon on the fridge and I don't think I ever went out of the way to eat it. I always viewed it as a cheaper/dirty type of meat. I like it cooked and diced finely in salad but I very rarely eat salads.

Comment

Working...
                              X