Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
    Many vegetables ARE fruit.
    Yeah vegetables in this sense would be the plant itself....so if it has a seed that you may be helping to spread then its likely the fruiting part and its purpose in life is to be ingested or carried to another area to proliferate. Quite different from spinach, lettuce, and brassica family plants. So yes cucumbers, tomatoes, eggplants, and squash are actually fruits in this sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
      I ran by this site and thought it might make a good addition to the MOAR meat thread. Vegetables Diagnosis: Diet. Makes a good argument for the meat and fruit diet .
      I love her blog! Thank you, Neckhammer.

Comment

• I dunno Neckie, I'll still eat my veggies in my opinion. It's an interesting theory though, I guess.
        "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Drumroll View Post
          I dunno Neckie, I'll still eat my veggies in my opinion. It's an interesting theory though, I guess.
          Actually so do I. BAS for lunch today...double helping of salmon . I find this theory interesting in respect to a couple of things. One is that I find her writing much clearer than Ray Peat's. That is to say....I can see in some respect how certain people not thriving on standard paleo switch to a Peat protocol and then feel better. Seems more likely to me that these could just be individuals very sensitive to the toxic substances in vegetables and particularly the brassica family. So they get rid of that and start ingesting fruit instead....their you go. Nothing magical about the fruit sugars, except that they replaced toxic (in their individual instances) substances with non-toxic calories. Anyway, I just thought a few things kinda clicked for me after reading it.

Comment

• "Neckie" <snort>

Anywho........

I still eat vegetables too but only when I feel like it. I don't feel the need to make every meal "balanced". Sometimes I am feeling the BAS, sometimes I only want the steak.

Comment

• Many vegetables of the brassica type are flowers and flowers are just pre-fruit.
              Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

• Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
                Many vegetables of the brassica type are flowers and flowers are just pre-fruit.
                Yeah, so for the working definition from the site "Vegetables are any plant parts that are not fruits, seeds, or flowers. Vegetable parts include roots, tubers, bulbs, stems, and leaves. Plants want animals to eat their fruits (and interact with their flowers and seeds), but plants need to protect other body parts–their vegetable parts— from predators, so it can survive. I would argue that plants do not want their vegetable parts to be eaten."

I know when I grow broccoli for instance that they actually do not flower and proliferate if you pick and eat the broccoli first (this is the bud right?...not sure how it fits into her theory). Her tidbit on that thoughhttp://diagnosisdiet.com/why-broccol...ucifer-family/.

Again I'm not telling anyone not to eat veggies.....just make sure you eat the meat too, cause I'm not sure the veggies are gonna save you
                Last edited by Neckhammer; 11-15-2012, 03:49 PM.

Comment

• Anyhow....tonight is 1.2 pound of pork steak. If I'm hungry after that I'll think of something else I suppose.

Comment

Working...
                  X