No announcement yet.

Eat MOAR meat!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have some lamb chops defrosting right now. i am even gonna have to give some of them to the dog as he is out of food and i am not going to town for 2 days!

Question: Does too much protein keep you fat? I honestly could eat a diet almost entirely of meat, with a large salad every other day. I have done this in the past, not for very long because I'm not sure what to think of it. Thoughts? Ideas?
    i dont know the answer to this but i am totally with you. from what i have read tho excess protein gets converted to glucose by the body but it's not that simple. i think mark did a blog post on it a while back.

Comment

How about a large t-bone, leftover from yesterday's cook out with some mushrooms sauteed in butter. Will slice and chop some tomatoes and cucumbers, dress with some EVOO and sprinkle a little feta over it. Sounds like dinner time to me.
      Last edited by Graycat; 11-05-2012, 02:56 PM.

Comment

I don't think too much protein will keep you fat. First of all, if you eat too much protein you're going to go ew, gag me, please no more protein. And second, just ask yourself, "Am I hungry enough to eat some meat?" If the answer is No, you are either not hungry or have had too much protein already.

I am hungry enough to eat some more meat and it's taking a lot of willpower not to because it's already after 4pm and I don't want to spoil dinner.
        Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
          I don't think too much protein will keep you fat. First of all, if you eat too much protein you're going to go ew, gag me, please no more protein. And second, just ask yourself, "Am I hungry enough to eat some meat?" If the answer is No, you are either not hungry or have had too much protein already.

I am hungry enough to eat some more meat and it's taking a lot of willpower not to because it's already after 4pm and I don't want to spoil dinner.
          Too much protein can keep you out of ketosis since it'll get turned to glucose, albeit extremely slowly. On the other hand, protein is still very satiating, so even if it keeps you out of ketosis, I agree with you that it probably won't make someone fat. It does a very good job of keeping one's overall caloric intake in check.

In addition, you can easily stay in ketosis (if that's your goal) with a relatively high protein intake as long as you remain fairly active on a regular basis.
          "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

Originally posted by MarissaLinnea View Post
            I've never had lamb. Now I want to try it.
            Never had lamb?? *faints*

This is utterly inexplicable to an antipodean! Right, you have to come down and visit us, and I'll make you a lovely roast leg all yummy and browned and fatty on the outside and juicy and pink on the inside.

Damn, now I want meat. And it's only breakfast time. Off to cook a steak anyway...
            I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Comment

Meat is for breakfast. I had liver for breakfast with onions and broccoli. I don't do eggs anymore. I don't do ketosis anymore, either.

Comment

Originally posted by Sigi View Post
                Never had lamb?? *faints*

This is utterly inexplicable to an antipodean! Right, you have to come down and visit us, and I'll make you a lovely roast leg all yummy and browned and fatty on the outside and juicy and pink on the inside.

Damn, now I want meat. And it's only breakfast time. Off to cook a steak anyway...
                I would LOVE to come visit! Australia, that's just a state or two over from California, right?

Comment

Meat is for breakfast. I had liver for breakfast with onions and broccoli. I don't do eggs anymore. I don't do ketosis anymore, either.
                  You don't do eggs?

Have you discovered that you have an allergy or something? That would be the only read on for skipping out on them in my mind, unless you lack a good source for fresh eggs that is.

Ketosis for me is as it is. If I get into it, great, if not, oh well. I tend to go in and out in cycles relating to my daily fast and single meal. Some days I'm in it deep, other days, I'm not in it for even a minute.
                  "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

Originally posted by Drumroll View Post
                    ..Ketosis for me is as it is. If I get into it, great, if not, oh well. I tend to go in and out in cycles relating to my daily fast and single meal. Some days I'm in it deep, other days, I'm not in it for even a minute.
                    How do you even tell if you are there? Then again, that is a different topic - so I will use the search function

Comment

I stopped eating eggs a while back. The chickens stopped laying. I never bought any eggs to make up for the lack of laying. I will eat eggs now and then, just not every day anymore. I do seem to have a little less post nasal drip from not eating eggs.

Comment

The chickens stopped laying.
                        That's when she started eating moar (chicken) meat.
                        65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Comment

I stopped eating eggs a while back. The chickens stopped laying. I never bought any eggs to make up for the lack of laying. I will eat eggs now and then, just not every day anymore. I do seem to have a little less post nasal drip from not eating eggs.
                          Aaaaaaaah, gotcha.

Comment

Originally posted by Catrin View Post
                            How do you even tell if you are there? Then again, that is a different topic - so I will use the search function
                            You don't really know, except for the urine test strips and/or a blood ketone test. If done right, you really shouldn't feel any different than you do when utilizing glucose for fule.

You mind might be a little clearer and your energy a bit more stable when in ketosis though so those may be slight signs.

Comment

Originally posted by MarissaLinnea View Post
                              I would LOVE to come visit! Australia, that's just a state or two over from California, right?
                              Yep, hang a right and keep heading straight down. Be careful not to trip over New Zealand on the way.

(Actually, a pratfall into NZ wouldn't be such a bad thing. It's very nice there. And they have LOTS of lamb, nom nom. I have never seen SOOO many sheep in my life, and all so clean and white and cute and delicious-looking.)
                              I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Comment

Originally posted by gopintos View Post
                                That's when she started eating moar (chicken) meat.
                                HAHAHAHAHA! you made my day...

Comment

Working...
                                X